Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 02-28-2019, 01:41 PM   #1
Gorrex

AmWager 1.0.8 Update

Anyone want Trifecta matrix data?

That plus the Copy Data (to spreadsheet) and a few other small things coming next week (Monday).

Right now its mainly greyhound tracks that send out full trifecta data before post. A few more tracks send it at post time (final cycle). AmWager though is now set up to display it for any track that turns it on.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
Gorrex

Our system has been updated.

Below are the release notes for this version. Once again these are player requested features. We are always listening to you.

New Features:

1. Trifecta Matrix Display
a. Users can now see the total wagered on specific Trifecta combinations.
b. This is only available currently on an extremely small selection of tracks. As more tracks enable trifecta data in their tote systems AmWager will automatically pick it up and start displaying it.
2. Copy to Table (Excel Copy)
a. Customers can now easily copy event/race/runner and pool information in a standard format to most spreadsheet software.
b. Click the "Copy Data" button below the runners then paste into any spreadsheet software.
c. Future versions may allow for automated updating of the spreadsheet.

Other Enhancements and Fixes

1. Runner Detail view will now stay open when a race closes.
2. Swap Legs now works properly on entries where the main runner is scratched and the entry is now.
3. Mobile -> Statements slightly easier to use, more work to be done.
4. Rank and Rank Pro bet Modifiers have had several optimizations to make smoother. (More to come including ticket compression etc..)
5. IPhone -> Submit/Stack buttons should no longer drop out of view after certain actions.
6. TRU Odds now visible in results, Willpays will be soon.
7. Other minor tweaks and enhancements.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 03-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #3
sjk

Thanks Jason. I look forward to using this.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #4
sjk

It works great. Thanks
Old 03-06-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
davew

I have a question on the trifecta matrix display ... what track(s) does it work on?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #6
Gorrex

Right now Sanford Orlando is the only active track that sends full trifecta matrix on all cycles. As more start their meets this spring/summer I'm hoping there are a few more. For years tracks have said they are looking at it... Well it's time.

Some other like Monticello we get the final (post) cycle. I hope some of those turn it on for all cycles.

I do have a few requests out to hosts so we will see how quickly they react.

In the end this is a bit out of our control but hopefully we can at least get the ball rolling. Any help from anyone in the industry to get more tracks to enable is appreciated and will help everyone in the long run.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 03-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #7
sjk

It is a small thing but wanted to ask in case it was easy.

It would be better if the OK to acknowledge that the data was copied was closer on the screen to the copy data button. To save moving the mouse so far.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:27 PM   #8
highnote

The amount of data contained in a trifecta payoff matrix is incredibly small compared to the amount of data in even one jpeg photo.

There is no good reason trifecta data should not be transmitted.

A trifecta wager for a twelve horse field is really nothing more than 12 exacta grids. It would be simple to transmit that miniscule amount of data and then allow the user to scroll up and down on a page to see the matrices.

One reason I don't bet trifectas very often is because it is very difficult to know if the bet is a good value. Of course, the other side of the coin is that when there is less data available it might be easier to get an edge?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2019, 06:37 PM   #9
Gorrex

Its around 15kb unoptimized..

There is little to no reason to not share it now. Back when tote's ran on 9.6k dial up.. sure you had to be stingy.

Anyway, hopefully tracks/totes will start sending the data. Our system will automatically pull it in once they do.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 03-06-2019, 06:41 PM   #10
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post
Its around 15kb unoptimized..

There is little to no reason to not share it now. Back when tote's ran on 9.6k dial up.. sure you had to be stingy.

Anyway, hopefully tracks/totes will start sending the data. Our system will automatically pull it in once they do.
Agreed. I'm not blaming Amwager. Amwager can only re-transmit the data that is provided to it.

I blame the totes for not making this available. I know that there used to be a monitor in the Belmont grandstand that showed the trifecta matrices. That was back in the 1990s. The technology has existed for decades. This is the problem with monopolies. There is no reason to innovate when there is no competition.

I applaud Amwager for being innovative!
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #11
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post
Right now Sanford Orlando is the only active track that sends full trifecta matrix on all cycles. As more start their meets this spring/summer I'm hoping there are a few more. For years tracks have said they are looking at it... Well it's time.

Some other like Monticello we get the final (post) cycle. I hope some of those turn it on for all cycles.

I do have a few requests out to hosts so we will see how quickly they react.

In the end this is a bit out of our control but hopefully we can at least get the ball rolling. Any help from anyone in the industry to get more tracks to enable is appreciated and will help everyone in the long run.
Thanks, I like watching small pools.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2019, 07:24 PM   #12
Fox

Good stuff. Any tracks currently doing or have plans to transmit pick3 matrixes?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2019, 09:18 AM   #13
Gorrex

Not that I'm aware of.

In my opinion the more we can get the better. May be interesting making UI displays for 4+ leg wagers if they ever do those though..

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 03-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #14
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

For Amusement only :)

Looking forward to AmWager's next update on direct transfer of copied data to Excel.

In the meantime, the attached spreadsheet is an example of how this info can be used.

This sheet can be used for information on
1. Place bet wagering
...Giving Fair, Minimum, Probable Prices and Dr Z's Expected Value
2. 3 horse Exacta Combo ratings
...Showing best ticket construction on using any 3 horses by current probable pays.

I've been using this sheet to see if there is any correlation between the (TRU Odds)/(Win Pool Odds) ratio and final Win% and Prices. Also I'm checking how much that ratio changes at the "Last bet opportunity" and final odds. I'm only using large pool Harness tracks so it's a slow process....
Attached Files
File Type: zip AmWagerSS.zip (123.3 KB, 27 views)
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2019, 02:16 PM   #15
Gorrex

Slight update:
Flash is no longer required to watch video or replays. (This is really an RCN change)
Mobile now updates events, race and odds WITHOUT refreshing when you come back to the screen/app. (this also means you stay on the race you were on after coming off of video)
Multi-Language is live (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Tagalog(Filipino)) -> Change under My Account -> Preferences -> Language

Jason Martin
IT Director

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: