Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-24-2019, 08:20 AM   #46
Blenheim
Race Player

Does anybody really know what time it is . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
109 Equibase. I’m guessing the clock wasn’t right. It makes no sense that majority of Louisiana Derby field would be faster than New Orleans Handicap.
Your guess is correct.

At the end of the Equibase race footnotes it reads in capital letters: ALL TIMES WERE HAND-TIMED DUE TO TIMER MALFUNCTION.

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2019, 11:12 AM   #47
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
Thanks for the link. My eyes were on him and I was telling the others around me that Gaff should be pulling that horse up before they hit the first turn. Hope they shelve the horse and don’t push him just to get him to the gate in the derby.
I thought he was going to ease him up when they started going wide into the turn but instead he tucked him in. It’s a shame because he has real talent. I trust the connections will do right by the horse.
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2019, 11:51 AM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
Your guess is correct.

At the end of the Equibase race footnotes it reads in capital letters: ALL TIMES WERE HAND-TIMED DUE TO TIMER MALFUNCTION.
The tracks' premier race of the season and the chuckleheads can't manage to time it correctly!
Now, the question is, CJ has proven the technology is out there and affordable, to get pretty accurate times off of the video Certainly much better than the crap they posted in the charts.

Will they do it?

Shut up and bet!
Old 03-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #49
Blenheim
Race Player

No time like now . . .

I've read the Jockey Club, Equibase and others have tested and continue testing a racetrack GPS system to time workouts and " . . . provide comprehensive data for each runner during the entire running of the race, which can be used to drive on-screen graphics as well as positions and margins for charts."

Equibase, Keeneland Conduct Pilot Test to Collect Workout Data using GPS Technology

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2019, 03:32 PM   #50
Afleet

(Update - late Sunday morning, Beyer Associates boosted the figure for By My Standards’s maiden win from a 78 to an 86).
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2019, 04:30 PM   #51
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

CJ says the race times for the Derby were good as reported.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #52
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
I've read the Jockey Club, Equibase and others have tested and continue testing a racetrack GPS system to time workouts and " . . . provide comprehensive data for each runner during the entire running of the race, which can be used to drive on-screen graphics as well as positions and margins for charts."

Equibase, Keeneland Conduct Pilot Test to Collect Workout Data using GPS Technology
Be careful what you wish for in my opinion. I guess it is better for workouts since that is chaos anyway. But it is not all that accurate for races. It is a step backwards in my opinion. I do think it is better than Trakus, but that isn't saying much to be honest.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: