Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
skate
s.e. pa.

series starts tonite

very good series, seems to me, with Bost the fav. in game one by 1 1/2 @ -$1.20. over 8.5.

i hope the weather stays good.
skate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
njcurveball

Tough break for the Rockies! Take the hottest team in baseball and make them sit a week and practice in the cold.

Then send them cross country to face a hot team with rabid fans.

Even Giuliani is jumping on that band wagon now!
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
skate
s.e. pa.

i follow that.

but now, due to the big score, the rocks may rock against "the Shill".

shilling (my opinion) is the best and id like to see him Win, just NOT tonite.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
njcurveball

If I bet with my heart, I say the Rockies come back.

But using my brain as someone who knows baseball, this series was decided by whoever made the schedule to allow a team to get 2 days rest and play at home while another had to wait 8 days for their next game.

Boston in four straight, another blowout tonight, and band wagons loading up every few minutes.

I bet a lot of longshots and often see the favorite win. I don't have to like it, but it is going to happen whether I like it or not.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
nomadpat

Well the series didn't start last night that's for sure

Talk a bad game for the Rockies, we looked like Alw horses running against G1 company. I thought it was a little strange how the infield played up vs. Ramirez in the first (figured they would walk him). I'd like to say they will bounce back, but I'm hard-pressed to find any positives from last night to build on.
nomadpat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
njcurveball

And did you notice how they played Big Papi? Did they get the memo he is a pull hitter with no speed?

I was thinking Manager of the Year for Hurdle, so either aliens have replaced him or he has not seen an American League team, even the one his guys played in June!

Best call of the night was Buck saying a pitch was RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE. Then they showed the box and McCarver says, just hit the outside corner!

AND this is the guy doing play by play for the World Series! No wonder kids turn off the TV and go play their video games!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
skate
s.e. pa.

screw the" heart" when it comes to betting.

i'll say that, because they (beans) scored so many last nite, the rocks will "not sink" tonite.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
njcurveball

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate
screw the" heart" when it comes to betting.

i'll say that, because they (beans) scored so many last nite, the rocks will "not sink" tonite.
WOW! I hate the sox and would not even take 2-1 on the Rockies tonight!

Looks like another blow out in the winds.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #9
Suff
Beat up 💪

Did you see what ESPN said about the BoSox today?

Quote:

But it sure seemed as if it had a lot more to do with (A) the Christy Mathewson of his generation (aka Josh Beckett) and (B) the hottest lineup ever to march to home plate in the annals of 103 Octobers.
Wait. Did we just say "the hottest lineup ever to march to home plate in the annals of 103 Octobers??

Quote:
Yep. We sure did. Which means ... hotter than the '27 Yankees. Hotter than the '36 Yankees. Hotter than "The Big Red Machine." Hotter even than the 2004 Red Sox
Seriously. We can say that because this makes three straight postseason games now that these Red Sox have scored in double figures: 12 runs in Game 6 against Cleveland, 11 more runs in Game 7 against Cleveland, and another 13 runs in Game 1 of the World Series.

So let's see now. How many other teams have ever rolled up more than 10 runs in three consecutive postseason games? That would be ... exactly ... zero.

And what those Red Sox thumpers did Wednesday -- against a team that was 21-1 over the last five weeks, and against a pitching staff that came into this World Series with a 2.08 postseason ERA -- was flat-out ridiculous. For instance:

• The all-time World Series record for extra-base hits in a game was nine -- set 82 years ago by the 1925 Pirates (in a game started by Walter Johnson). The Red Sox not only tied that record. They'd tied it with two outs in the fifth inning.

• The most runs ever scored in Game 1 of any of the previous 102 World Series was 12. The Red Sox racked up 13 before they'd even made their 15th out.

• And no team had ever staged a two-out rally in which it went an entire turn through its lineup -- all nine hitters -- with every one of them reaching base in any inning of the previous 597 World Series games ever played. But the Red Sox did that in the fifth inning of this game (on five hits and four walks).
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
njcurveball

When was the last time a team traveled 3,000 miles after an 8 day layoff to play in a stadium with a rabid crowd?

I hear the lions did pretty well at the old coliseum.

Enjoy your series and enjoy your parade.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #11
Pace Cap'n

Any you guys watch the NL playoffs?
Pace Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #12
njcurveball

I watched every game my friend. Rockies off an 8 day layoff in Fenway. Terrible place to be for them.

Down 2-0 and flying back in about 3 hours.

It doesn't make me happy!
Old 10-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #13
skate
s.e. pa.

wait till boston trys to find enough oxygen.

i hear "not the fat lady", not yet.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:13 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I still can't get over the scene of Manny after he completed the back-to-back-to-back home run stint against the Indians. There he is, with his arms outstretched to the heavens, admiring his home run as it sails over the fence. I mean, the guy was really, really putting on a show.....and this is Manny we're talking about, so that's to be expected, but this one was really IN YOUR FACE.

The sad part was, the BoSox were STILL LOSING 7-3 at that point! LOL

That's Manny being Manny I suppose.....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #15
Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcurveball
If I bet with my heart, I say the Rockies come back.

But using my brain as someone who knows baseball, this series was decided by whoever made the schedule to allow a team to get 2 days rest and play at home while another had to wait 8 days for their next game.

Boston in four straight, another blowout tonight, and band wagons loading up every few minutes.

I bet a lot of longshots and often see the favorite win. I don't have to like it, but it is going to happen whether I like it or not.
NJC,

Just wondering how anyone can know in advance that one series will go only 4 games while another goes the full 7. Don't see how you can schedule something in advance without knowing how many games each series will take.
As for Boston hosting the first two, wasn't that because the AL won the All Star game? Unfair? - Sure, but so is horse racing!

Gary
Nets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply