Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 07-11-2018, 09:45 AM   #46
Spicemaster

mikesal57

Oh brother, did you read through this site? Changing their bets, stealing their money.

TwinSpires.com is the largest and IMO most reliable ADW in the industry. One has to take some of that stuff with a grain of salt. I'm not saying TS is perfect by any means and there is always room to improve and get better.

I have seen a lot of things over the years. Players claiming we are monitoring their bets to reduce their payout to players insisting we know who will win and lose to players saying we should refund their wagers because they didn't like the ride they got.

I don't come here all the time, but if you have a legitimate customer service issue, complaint, or comment I'll do my best to help. If you have other issues with TS we can be thankful we live in a free country and have other (lesser IMO) options.
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #47
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Other than the video quality on the Express interface (which is still pretty crummy), I have no complaints.

I've never experienced a problem with getting paid, payouts or any of the fairly crazy complaints I read about on that other site. Not saying it didn't happen...just that in years and years and years of using TS, I've never had that kind of problem.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #48
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

I have no real complaints about them. Yeah, the video always seems to crap out as the horses head into the stretch, sometimes things load slowly or not at all. But these things are all minor glitches to be expected. Sh_t happens !
Way back you had to wager a certain amount of money in a time period or you were cut-off from watching video of the races. They stopped that, which is good for me because being retired , I don't have the bankroll , I used to have to throw it in every day.
I was going to leave them a couple of times when other ADWs had money back promotions, but their restrictions seem as bad or worse. You want to see a real bad ADW try MyWinners in Connecticut. I kept a second account with them in case outside of the state ADW restrictions were passed by the state. I closed that account real quick. B-a-a-a-d !
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #49
alydar

I have had an account with TS for many years. Never had a problem. I wish they paid better rebates, and the site can be slow at times, but some of the stuff I read in the link were just silly nonsense. Never had a problem getting paid.
alydar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2018, 05:21 PM   #50
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar View Post
I have had an account with TS for many years. Never had a problem. I wish they paid better rebates, and the site can be slow at times, but some of the stuff I read in the link were just silly nonsense. Never had a problem getting paid.
I've never had a problem getting paid from Twinspires, either. But I wish their "rewards" program amounted to something more than it currently is. When a customer bets $3,000 in a single day, and only gets a $3 "reward", while being "congratulated" for receiving it...that's kinda sad.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #51
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What is TS paying your guys for?
Old 07-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #52
Spicemaster

Comments...Rewards/thaskalos

It's nice to hear some positive words!

thaskalos, that is part of the story....those are daily points (on non-CDI tracks, CDI tracks pay 4x that), then there are promotions. The real value of the VIP program comes with the monthly bonus. If you averaged a bit more than your $3k example for the month, one earns 18x that, in addition to promotions.

Finally, if one lives in a high value state (meaning the profit margin is there) and wagers at a VIP level, we may be able to provide even more incentives. If you are interested, feel free to contact me.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #53
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
It's nice to hear some positive words!

thaskalos, that is part of the story....those are daily points (on non-CDI tracks, CDI tracks pay 4x that), then there are promotions. The real value of the VIP program comes with the monthly bonus. If you averaged a bit more than your $3k example for the month, one earns 18x that, in addition to promotions.

Finally, if one lives in a high value state (meaning the profit margin is there) and wagers at a VIP level, we may be able to provide even more incentives. If you are interested, feel free to contact me.
Thanks...I'll send you a private message.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #54
mikesal57
Veteran

Have you seen lately that you've been getting multiple Twinspires ads every day??

Why not fix the site first before hitting the masses!!!!!

Conditional betting for start....

A HD picture for second...

etc,etc,etc

Last edited by mikesal57; 07-12-2018 at 11:55 AM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #55
Spicemaster

thaskalos

Thanks for the note thaskalos....I replied to you last night. LMK if I can help.

On the HD comment, some may have noticed that Churchill was and Arlington is being streamed in HD.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #56
sjk

What is the latest on uploading wagers.

I am a long time customer and my play is down by 70% since the uploading has been disabled.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #57
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
Thanks for the note thaskalos....I replied to you last night. LMK if I can help.

On the HD comment, some may have noticed that Churchill was and Arlington is being streamed in HD.
I saw your message...and I appreciate it. Can I send you my phone number so we could talk by phone? Or...I could always call you, if it's more convenient.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:39 PM   #58
Spicemaster

sjk

I wish I had an end date for you....all I know is it is in their queue to fix. I don't know the priority.....it doesn't help you, I know and I apologize for the trouble.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:19 AM   #59
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
I've experienced the same thing. One thing you can do is this:
1. go to the "express and pro" wagering interface.
2. go to the race number that started the pick 3 by clicking on the "race" drop down menu above the "results" tab; e.g., if the pick 3 started in race 4, click on race 4 in the race drop down menu.
3. click on the "wager list" tab for race 4. It will show your pick 3 selections for races 4, 5 and 6.

Hope this helps.
Well, at least I'm not the only one having the problem with recalling wagers.

A couple of times while experiencing the problem, I accessed the "express and pro" interface, aka the old youbet menu, and could not not recall anything under the that wager list either. Nor could I get anything back from the "recall wager" button under the TwinSpires TV interface. I will try those both again the next time I have the problem recalling my bets to confirm it's a problem, err, "across the board", pardon the pun.

Last weekend the behavior of the problem changed - from instantly returning the message "no wagers to display" to hanging with an "accessing" or "recalling" message. While different, it's not any better.

I stand by my earlier comment on video stream quality. When the quality of the stream drops off, I "fix" it by bringing up my Xpressbet video. It's especially annoying when watching Hong Kong, as now TS is the only provider I can sign up with that carries them. And being late at night with fewer bettors, I find it hard to believe the system resources are overloaded. I do not have satellite or cable to fall back on as another source for video.

I've used TS for a long time, having started out with Winticket many moons ago, and overall they've been my favorite ADW. I like the Classic wagering interface more than any other, and the free BRIS PPs (with a very small bet) have been a nice perk. The interface to recall and sort wagers for the past 12 years is very good. I've had mixed results with their support, and the latest recommendation for me to call technical support when I experience a problem their testing should easily reproduce does not make me happy. If their developers want to provide me guidance on capturing the necessary debug output to help them, I'd be happy to do that. God forbid it's because I'm running Linux....

I do understand Spicemaster's comment on the complexity of supporting the various interfaces and platforms. For those of you who think it's easy and "there's no excuse" for not having something "simple" not work just because it used to, I'd suggest right clicking on a page and selecting "inspect" or "view page source" to get the under-the-hood view on what's going on....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #60
mikesal57
Veteran

Everyday ads like this....

But getting things working is an issue ????

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (81.0 KB, 7 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: