Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-28-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
mikeb

Question for tom console

I have purchased your material for some time, and personally have seen some good payouts,otherwise i wouldn't have come back.
The thing that bothers me is,WHY WOULD YOU SELL ME A PROGRAM CALLED
"WIN-ERGY" AND THEN 2 YEARS LATER RE-NAME IT TO BE CALLED "K-SPEED" ?

You can't dispute that it is the same program with a different name, because i checked it against at least 50 different days/and tracks and the rotation is the same in every example.
"Would you like to go to the supermarket and pay twice for the same groceries"?
An explanation would be appreciated.

hwnn.
mikeb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
midnight

Now, now, Mr. Console wouldn't do something like that. I'm sure he improved the formula somehow. Maybe you need to run another 2,000 racecards or so to find one or two races where the selections are different.

Or maybe you were the only person to buy both programs. Maybe he didn't think anybody who bought Win-Ergy would ever buy another one of his programs.

Or maybe he didn't think anybody would be smart enough to test one against the other, as you did.

Seriously: the output is the same in both programs over 50 racecards???
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
mikeb

Seriously: the output is the same in both programs over 50 racecards???[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=midnight]Now, now, Mr. Console wouldn't do something like that. I'm sure he improved the formula somehow. Maybe you need to run another 2,000 racecards or so to find one or two races where the selections are different.

Or maybe you were the only person to buy both programs. Maybe he didn't think anybody who bought Win-Ergy would ever buy another one of his programs.

Or maybe he didn't think anybody would be smart enough to test one against the other, as you did.

YES,IDENTICAL RIGHT DOWN TO THE LAST HORSE.
AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A COINCIDENCE,BUT THE MORE I CHECKED
THE MORE I STARTED TO FEEL LIKE A SUCKER.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
midnight

We'll see what the author has to say.

Mr. Console?
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
TomC

I am sorry, but I dont ever remember selling a program called Kspeed. My brother sold a paper and pencil kspeed through RPM, but the only place Kspeed exists is in my URTI handicapping program, as one of the many ratings. (Midnight...maybe you should call my brother and tell him, in case he doens't know its in there!) RPM sold WINERGY a while back as a stand alone rating, and it was based on Kspeed. Sometimes, even though my name apperas on certain RPM products, I may have nothing more to do with it than endorsing it, or helping with the ratings. So please fill me in on when I sold a program called Kspeed? I would be interested to know if this was sold without my knowledge.
Thank you to the good guys on here that keep e-mailing me, and posting in my defence. But the bashers on here just read with blind eyes. Also, thanks especially for the post on the other thread stating how those would feel that pay for the program, then I give the picks for free. Again, the bashers dont understand business. Yesterday InstaPick made money. Today was 0 for 2 at GP, the second checking badly, but a loss is a loss. I make no excuses for losers, especailly when I tell you they will lose over 60% of the time! So those that want the negative, look at todays results ONLY please, figure they all lose, and thats that. As I said before, anyone that wants to buy is fine with me. And I am always a click away to help. But if I never sell another program again, thats no skin off my nose, as I do well using my programs. The sales are just a side hobby.
Now please listen to one minor favor I ask....STOP dragging me back into this discussion. Anyone wanting my help, please feel free to e-mail anytime at tconsole@aol.com The ones that think I need help, go do something else. We will never see eye to eye, so why waste your time and mine? You think you are going to hurt my sales, but if you only knew how these last few days of posts have increased my sales, you'd really be pissed. And those that did buy know exactly what they are getting. Something that can make them money if they treat it like a business. A business like the stock market. It has great risks, but can also have greater rewards.
Tom
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 05:24 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC
You think you are going to hurt my sales, but if you only knew how these last few days of posts have increased my sales, you'd really be pissed. And those that did buy know exactly what they are getting.
Believe me pal, the only one who's pissed is ME, who's not getting a DIME off your free advertising here, whether it is intentional or not. How about cutting me in on a piece of the action?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 08:24 PM   #7
midnight

Your brother, eh? Would that be Sony Console? Sorry, I mean Sonny Console? Do you also have a daughter named Kat? My 6 year old could have come up with a better excuse than that one. The difference is that my son knows it's wrong to lie to people.

So you put your name on software, systems, etc., and know nothing about them, do you? In other words, Mr. Console, you'll endorse junk as long as you get your share? Good ethics there.

Now let me get this straight. Win-Ergy, according to horsewithnoname, is a copy of KSpeed. So you either sold both, or you used your alleged brother's method and named it your own. I'm sure you had his permission to copy the alogrithms he wrote (you wouldn't plagiarize---not a man of your ethics!) and pass it off as something new.

At best, you're an arrogant man who promises success with whatever magic box you're selling on your many websites, retreads old methods or software and peddles them as new (KSpeed = Win-Ergy, etc. -- URTI = Snapcap + Thoroughbred Investor, + whatever), who churns out a new piece of software every six months, and who lets his name be used to endorse and/or promote paper methods and software as long as he gets his share, and who does business with a man (Clint Tracy/Dave Powers) who has about 200 surefire ways to hit 1.50 ROI's with three-rule systems.

Glad to hear your business is picking up. Maybe you can use some of the money to hire a web designer that can create a site that doesn't look like it was put together by a 12 year old using Front Page and MS Paint.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #8
RaceGoer

I have not Posted in a long time, and it was about this same topic. Midnight badgering Tom Console. I am here to tell all you people that Mr. Console has been nothing but a blessing in my handicapping. I win almost every month, and I have no one to thank but Tom. I must have drove him nuts with e-mail after e-mail, but he always answered politely. If I were him, I would not ne nearly as polite as he is being to you guys. You are all very rude and dont have a clue as to what you are missng out on. He would hate that I told you this, but when I first contacted him, I was at a very low point. He sent me URTI for FREE with no strings attached, other than I promise to learn it first on paper before making real wagers. Since then I have paid him back even though he did not ever ask for it. If more people were out there like Mr. Console, maybe you wouldn be so grumpy. But its obvious you would never give anyone a chance. I said what I have been holding in. Thank you.
RG
RaceGoer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 09:05 PM   #9
jk3521
Registered Loser

Smile

We all owe Mister Console an apology. After reading this last post by Racegoer, I have come to the conclusion that TomC is a saint! He truly has a heart of gold! Boo Hoo, hand me a hanky!

Last edited by jk3521; 03-28-2005 at 09:07 PM. Reason: adding comment
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 10:55 PM   #10
midnight

Yes, indeed. I agree. Mr. Console is the greatest!

Thanks Racegoer, for being perfectly Frank and letting us know what a Guru Mr. Console is.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to write a letter. Santa gets really busy later in the year, and I want to get my list off to him early so I get a sled this year.

PS: Racegoer: you should check all your other posts (all four of them) before making a new one, so you don't contradict yourself (twice).
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 10:59 PM   #11
timtam

You actually got UTRI for free but don't make a bet until you fully understand it??? Come on I've been gullable over the years but I can't even believe that one. Geez give us some credit on this board pLLLeeeaaassse
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 11:34 PM   #12
mikeb

winergy/k-speed

So what your saying is,"buy winergy then 2 years later buy urti only to find out
i purcased your program all over again under an alias"?
What makes this even worse is i also use "multicaps or procaps" and one of your main figures in urti "snap4" is identically the same as the "power rating" in each.
All the way to the last horse in the rotation.
"somebody please put the lights on so i can see where i'm going"
Old 03-29-2005, 02:04 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight
Thanks Racegoer, for being perfectly Frank and letting us know what a Guru Mr. Console is.
Why do you keep intimating crap from the distant past?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2005, 03:49 AM   #14
midnight

PA: Same arrogance, same legion of clones to come to the rescue, same countless farewell speeches before returning an hour later, same obsession to convince the world that he's right/misunderstood and that everybody else is stupid/uninformed, and now a relative. Lots of parallels. For all I know it's the same person. If not, just as annoying, imo.

And like you said, gets a lot of free publicity without paying you a dime. Brings in one-posters every few months to ask about his software.

But it's your site. If you're tired of all this feuding, I'll drop it. I've made my point regarding this person, and I suppose it's getting old.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2005, 04:21 PM   #15
Wickel

Haven't been a member too long, but just stumbled on this thread. I, too, spent a lot of dollars at RPM with only minor success. IMHO, I think Dave Powers, Clint Tracy and Tom Console are one in the same.
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply