Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:58 AM   #166
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
\

Like Saddam Hussein, who has direct lines to Hitler, did to his own people.

the dems say Hussein did not have any weapons of mass destruction, did he use oil?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #167
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Post of the Month competitor!
I agree, Foxy. But ultimately this problem with radical Muslims boils down to a spiritual problem -- and not merely just spiritual on the end of the perpetrators -- but as JR intimated there's also a deep spiritual problem with world leaders who refuse to call evil evil and good good. Instead, we have many leaders in the world (Obama perhaps being the best example) who will bend over backwards in their role of Islamist apologists by defending all Islam at any cost, or so it seems. In Europe, Political Correctness is so extreme that if EU citizens write anything that could be construed as offensive to Islamists on social media, the police will be at their door and such people will be subject to arrest! Free speech over there is severely restricted, as it will soon be in this country.

What the world is witnessing, unbeknownst to most, is what Paul wrote about Rom 1:18ff. In that passage it talks about two groups of sinners. The first group are the actual "perpetrators", if you will, of sin (or what we in the context of the subject matter under discussion would call "crimes"). The second group of sinners (and this is the operative term here which should not be missed) are the "spectators" -- all those who are witnessing the perpetrators' actions. And in that passage Paul says this latter group gives "hearty approval" to the actions of the first! Paul is logically implying that both groups, but especially the second, are calling evil good and good evil. And this is precisely what we are witnessing -- not so much in words, perhaps, but very much in the the actions of world leaders. The world leaders are giving hearty tacit approval to the perpetrators' horrendous crimes against humanity by protecting them from justly harsh criticisms from those with the courage to speak out. This is precisely why the world is in such a state of chaos and confusion and madness -- why virtually everything seems so wrong in so many ways -- but unfortunately to so few people, most especially to world leaders. How many of us have been shell-socked, as it were, over these last few decades by the growing evil in the world? We try to make sense out of it but we cannot. The growing evil in this world just defies all reason! It is no wonder at all that it is written in scripture that "men are full of evil and insanity is in their throughout their lives" (Eccl 3:9). But herein is the very crux of the problem, dear reader, very few people believe this! Scripture is very blunt and straightforward and calls evil evil and good good. But most in the world will disagree with this kind of text and say that that is not so! I am not full of evil, nor are any of my loved ones, etc., etc.. So...at the very foundation of our humanity, we call ourselves our good, while scripture calls us evil. Every single one of us gives hearty approval to our own sins and the sins of others (most especially loved ones and friends). Therefore, it is any wonder that people in government leadership roles (who put on their pants and skirts the same way all of us do) are doing the same exact thing we are doing?

I know most here will reject my premise -- which again is that the root problem with all the evil we see in the world is spiritual in nature -- not political. We truly cannot legislate morality from without. Yes, to an extent we can "check" evil -- we can restrain it to a point from without -- but this is only a band aid solution in the long term. The real cure is inner transformation. And that requires The Great Physician's help.

I just want to close this out by reminding everyone that when Jesus returns, he's not going to return to a heaven on earth. He's not going to return to a paradise on earth. He's going to return to a world steeped in evil and immorality. He will return to a world that will be just like the world before God judged it with the Great Deluge. And of that ancient world, it is written that "the thoughts and intentions of men's hearts were evil continually and that the earth was full of violence"! Can anyone with a straight face tell me that we're not already living in a world that is reminiscent of that prediluvian period?
Old 07-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #168
Jess Hawsen Arown

Still waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
the dems say Hussein did not have any weapons of mass destruction, did he use oil?
Except for Bill Clinton on CNN with Wolf Blitzer when he said: "I guarantee that when I left office, Saddam Hussein had WMDS."

I'm still waiting for anyone to produce a similar quote by President Bush.

Still waiting.
Still waiting.
Still waiting.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2016, 12:48 PM   #169
chrisl

Obama is a radicalized Muslim. End of story.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #170
Clocker

Well, it looks like Obama has finally decided to take action. At a White House diplomatic corps reception he said that the US would destroy ISIS.

Quote:
And in contrast to these terrorists who only know how to kill and destroy, we’re going to win this fight by building; by never giving up on diplomacy to end the Syrian civil war; by working with partners around the world, including Muslim communities, to push back against hateful ideologies that twist and distort Islam — a religion that teaches peace and justice and compassion. We will defeat these ideologies by offering a better vision of development and economic progress, so people, especially young people, have more hope and opportunity and are less susceptible to extremism and violence in the first place. And we will continue to promote political opportunity and democracy so citizens have a say in their future.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...orps-reception
Old 07-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #171
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
It is no wonder at all that it is written in scripture that "men are full of evil and insanity is in their throughout their lives" (Eccl 3:9).
It doesn't say (All men are full of evil).
Good people do bad things, that's why God forgives.
If all people were evil, there would be no reason for life or heaven, hell would be the only destiny for all of our souls.
I'll see you there.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #172
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Well, it looks like Obama has finally decided to take action. At a White House diplomatic corps reception he said that the US would destroy ISIS.
Ambassador Bolton correctly pointed out yesterday that Obama just has no clue what is going on. Jobs mena nothing to theses maggots. Wealth means nothing. This not about being poor, it about being a religious-based mental defective who wants to destroy our way of life. The way to beat them is to kill them, Nothing else will work. Find them, kill them. Bin Laden came from great wealth, not envy.

Diplomacy is for the loser.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:01 PM   #173
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Ambassador Bolton correctly pointed out yesterday that Obama just has no clue what is going on.
Obama won't even admit to the reality of who the enemy is. As far as I know, he and his minions are the only people in the world that still call them ISIL. And he gets very upset if you point out things like that.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #174
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
It doesn't say (All men are full of evil).
Good people do bad things, that's why God forgives.
If all people were evil, there would be no reason for life or heaven, hell would be the only destiny for all of our souls.
I'll see you there.
But sir, it's not a qualified statement; therefore, we have no reason from that particular text to interpret it as being qualified, i.e. only "some or many".

Secondly, from other portions of scripture, we learn that all men are evil.

Thirdly, we also learn that only God alone is good.

Fourthly, this is why [b]all[/n] men need God's great salvation in Christ; for only God alone is Good. It isn't just some or many men need salvation -- but all men need God's great gift. All men. Why would all need it if all men aren't sinners?

Hope this explanation clears things up for you.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:43 PM   #175
Clocker

Quote:
Speak for yourself, thank you.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:04 PM   #176
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Obama won't even admit to the reality of who the enemy is. As far as I know, he and his minions are the only people in the world that still call them ISIL. And he gets very upset if you point out things like that.
I'm sure he's trying to find a short A in his pronunciation of ISIL.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2016, 05:36 PM   #177
boxcar

Quote:
Speak for yourself, thank you.
You see what I mean...there you go calling evil good -- beginning with yourself. But...if it makes you fell any better, this is virutally a universal practice among men. So you see...it's really a wee bit hypocritical for anyone to point fingers at world leaders for doing the same thing the vast majority of us do.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:30 PM   #178
Clocker

Quote:
You see what I mean...there you go calling evil good -- beginning with yourself.
There you go, insulting people on the basis of ancient teachings of some religious cult.

I've known a lot of people in my life, but few if any truly evil. A lot of them were stupid and prejudiced, but not evil.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #179
MONEY

Quote:
But sir, it's not a qualified statement; therefore, we have no reason from that particular text to interpret it as being qualified, i.e. only "some or many".

Thirdly, we also learn that only God alone is good.

Fourthly, this is why [b]all[/n] men need God's great salvation in Christ; for only God alone is Good. It isn't just some or many men need salvation -- but all men need God's great gift. All men. Why would all need it if all men aren't sinners?

Hope this explanation clears things up for you.
NO! You took a piece of a sentence out of a paragraph & then interpreted it to mean what you want it to mean.

Quote:
You see what I mean...there you go calling evil good -- beginning with yourself. But...if it makes you fell any better, this is virutally a universal practice among men. So you see...it's really a wee bit hypocritical for anyone to point fingers at world leaders for doing the same thing the vast majority of us do.
I guess you are excluded from the vast majority of us, because we are all evil & you're not.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #180
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
NO! You took a piece of a sentence out of a paragraph & then interpreted it to mean what you want it to mean.

No I didn't. Eccl 9:3 is not a qualified statement! Do you know the difference between a qualified and non-qualified statement.? The sentence starts off with, "Furthermore, the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil...". The text doesn't say some of the sons of men or many of the sons of men. Therefore, logically we can only interpret that the writer meant all the sons of men. He meant for the "sons of men" to be taken in the universal sense, not the limited sense. Moreover, as pointed out previously this interpretation harmonizes with many other relevant portions of scripture.

Secondly, even the last part of this verse confirms that the proper interpretation should be in the universal sense. The very last part reads:"...Afterwards they go to the dead". First, the "they" can only be referring back to the "sons of men". Secondly, as far as I know all men die (there being only three explicitly biblical exceptions -- two of which have occurred and one that hasn't yet). If the "sons of men" is interpreted in the limited sense, then to be consistent the "they" must also be taken strictly in the limited sense -- which would be an absurd interpretation.

Quote:
I guess you are excluded from the vast majority of us, because we are all evil & you're not.
All born again Christians are excluded because they have been made partakers of the divine nature by virtue of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
There are only two kinds of people, spiritually speaking, in this world, sir: Saints and Sinners. Which are you, sir?