Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2014 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > Gapfire.com Ridersup Memorial Aqueduct Inner Track Challenge

Old 12-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #46
LAP_520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I agree with goatchaser. If you want to ignore late scratches, fine. The problem is you are not being consistent.

The current leader would have almost $5K less if you did not award him scratches as he did not have the actual winner in the first Pk4 of the meet,but scratched into a $4 pk4 each worth $1188.He was given the post time favorite in the last leg, which is the way the real world works regardless of the inaccuracies of the drf results.

How can you award some players for scratches and not other players for similar scratches, especially late gate scratches? If someone singled the 2 horse in Sunday's feature, they get nobody? $200 down the tubes. What a joke. Thank God it's not like that in the real world or no one would play. Do it one way for all players. Others wise this contest loses its validity and fairness.

The problem is in the way they print out the results at the drf results charts....which we use in this contest.. as stated in Rule 8 "The Daily Racing Form Results chart payout numbers shall serve as the basis for determining winning tickets."

This is what the scorer has been going by all along.... from drf results.

December 14th late Pick 4 on the drf it reads -

$2 Pick 4 (10-3-5-1/5/9/10/13/14/16) 4 Correct Paid: $2,377.00
Pick 4 Pool $243,857.00

December 22nd late Pick 4 on the drf it reads -

$2 Pick 4 (5-9-4-5) 4 Correct Paid: $487.00
Pick 4 Pool $243,441.00

In the contest world, those tickets that had any of the scratches are losers in the case of Dec 22nd because of what was printed on the drf, Equibase, and NYRA (day after ) results charts.

Can u imagine a bettor making a Pick 4 wager 5-9-2,3.5 -5. Not seeing the races, only looking at the results and seeing the 4 won the third leg ? Probably would think he had a loser. I know of at least two bettors that bet the card ,, then leave for work or whatever in real life.

In the real wager world of gambling, you would of collected on
5 // 9// 4,2,3,7 // 5 if the bettor realized that scratches happened in race eight.
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #47
goatchaser

I'm sorry...That just doesn't make good sense at all. Two players can be neck and neck coming down to the last day. Each player hit a nice pik 4. The guy in 2nd hits a pik 4 3 times because of a scratch or scratches BUT because the Racing for seems to be posting how it's paid off differently from day to day and on the day he hit it the scratches weren't posted as winners he loses the contest.
And the day before the Player in 3rd place was behind had a scratch or scratches and he got the pik 4 3 times because of scratches and this time the DRF posted them?? Is this how I am reading you LAP?
goatchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #48
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
The Racing Channel does have the correct results:

http://www.racingchannel.com/archive.../AQU131222.HTM
TVG also reported the results correctly.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #49
kingfin66
Bombardier

LAP,

The argument that Light made is that the DRF results were clearly wrong and everybody knows it. The correct administrative decision would have been to use the correct payouts and give an explanation as to why you were deviating from the DRF charts. As anybody who watched the pick 4 sequence is aware, the 2 and 3 scratched at the gate. This means that players who used those horses get the post time favorite except, apparently, when the DRF results are wrong. The decision is wrong IMO and severely taints the contest.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #50
MONEY

The results have been corrected by Equibase.

[QUOTE]Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You are correct that the scratched horses should be included in the Pick 4. The winning numbers for the Pick 4 as well as the Pick 6 in the 9th race at Aqueduct on 12/22/13 have been corrected.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas,

Tom Roentz

Track & Field Manager

Equibase Company

859-296-3090[/QUOTE
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...U122213USA.pdf
Old 12-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #51
Ted Craven

Agreed (whew!). I just now finished checking this as well and it has propagated through the Result Charts available from all suppliers (DRF, Equibase, BRIS).

TrackCollector (Chris) is traveling over Christmas (as am I) but I brought this to his attention. Hopefully, he will be able to respond before next weekend.

This underscores that we still are forced to rely on the Official Chart published by DRF (which comes from Equibase). The reason, again, for this is to eliminate ANY subjective judgements about how scratches are treated where the winner was the PTF - and also to make the contest even scorable at all. Fortunately, it seems the ultimate record keepers are easy to reach and eager to be corrected.

Thanks to all who have sought to make this correct, and to everyone for their patience.

Happy Christmas to everyone!

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #52
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Hello everyone,

All selections involving the Late Pick 4 on Sunday (12/22) will be reviewed according to the corrected payout numbers issued by Equibase (to DRF), and an updated standings sheet issued within the next few days.

A special thank you to MONEY for his efforts to contact Equibase on his own to get someone to look into this situation, and to Mr. Roentz (Equibase) for his prompt review and corrective action.

Merry Christmas to all, and enjoy those special family and friends moments afforded at this time of year!!

Chris
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #53
Track Collector

Reminder and Rule Interpretation

Hello everyone,

Please be advised that some folks are using non-integer base values for their selections. The minimum Pick 4 wager amount is $1 and can be increased by $1 intervals. Any winning tickets with a non-integer base value will be rounded DOWN.

Also, while not explicitly mentioned in this year's rules, it has been our past practice to not score selections if they clearly do not indicate either "Early Pick 4" or "Late Pick 4". It matters not if a strong case can be made for which one they are applicable for, It is the PLAYER's responsibility to make sure their selection clearly states which Pick 4 is involved.

(Fortunately, no one has been impacted to date. )

Thanks for your cooperation.

Chris
Old 12-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #54
highrider

Sorry I first posted this in the wrong thread in response to a scratch comment by 520.

Several players included the #1(race7) long after the scratch was announced.
It was announced just before race 1.
I understand that tickets were sold early on the totes,but for the purpose of the contest will the time of day be the determiner? Is this a new dull tool?
highrider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #55
highrider

[QUOTE=highrider]Sorry I first posted this in the wrong thread in response to a scratch comment by 520.

Disregard< My Mistake! OOPS
highrider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #56
dylbert
Turf Economist

LOADED QUESTION ALERT

Is New Year's Eve a holiday this year? Aqueduct is racing this Tuesday.

(I was severed chided some years ago by certain moderator when I questioned NYE being holiday. I missed playing as it has never been holiday anywhere that I have worked during past 42 years.)

Thanks for clarification & Happy New Year to All
Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #57
Track Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylbert
LOADED QUESTION ALERT

Is New Year's Eve a holiday this year? Aqueduct is racing this Tuesday.

(I was severed chided some years ago by certain moderator when I questioned NYE being holiday. I missed playing as it has never been holiday anywhere that I have worked during past 42 years.)

Thanks for clarification & Happy New Year to All
Never be afraid to ask a question.

Only a state holiday in KY, WI, and MI. Therefore, no contest on Tuesday!

Old 12-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #58
BlazingBy

Any interest in a discussion thread for P4s, contest races and ticket making

Selections/ticket creation/reasoning/ways to bet, road to profitability

Just a notion Ive had, considering I put an hour or more into my own entries

Im just trying to improve my thinking, over and above what Im already doing.

Maybe if the days biggest winners, say, of 2000 or more on a given contest day, would discuss their strategy/decisions, it could be of great value. Why not?
BlazingBy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #59
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingBy
Selections/ticket creation/reasoning/ways to bet, road to profitability

Just a notion Ive had, considering I put an hour or more into my own entries

Im just trying to improve my thinking, over and above what Im already doing.

Maybe if the days biggest winners, say, of 2000 or more on a given contest day, would discuss their strategy/decisions, it could be of great value. Why not?
Sounds like an educational idea! I'll set up a Thread for post-mortems and Pick 4 wager construction discussion. Hopefully some of the big hitters will share some of their analysis, or if the handicapping analysis itself is too hard to describe, at least their process of constructing the P4 tickets. I know I could use some pointers.

Here it is --> http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s....php?p=1557711

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 12-31-2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added Thread reference
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #60
MONEY

I can't find a thread for Saturday 01/04/14.
Someone please put one up if racing hasn't been canceled on Saturday.

Thanks