Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-09-2003, 08:59 PM   #31
TomC

OK...Here is my offer. Now first, I will get killed on here for mentioning this, as you will say I am giving a sales pitch. But here goes anyway.....NO restocking fee. You send me your model showing the software doesnt make money, just like the guarantee states on the web site (7 days min in model, no max, etc..) and I will refund 100%. You have 45 days to return it. No take out for shipping or anything. I know the model shows good profits at all tracks, so truthfully, I dont know why I even bothered with the 20% fee. I guess its because I see so many other vendors put it in.
Anyway, enough of that as I dont want to stir it all up again. But I can state this: I will not get 1 extra sale from this offer. Why? Because of the stipulation that your model must show no profits. The only people concerned about refunds are those that are NOT serious players and want to send it back, win or lose.
A comment was made that someone wanted to have me e-mail a file. Then you said I gave some line why I couldn't do it. Well sorry, I am not a magician. URTI dumps the info directly to either the screen or printer, your choice. It does not create a file. So there is no file I can e-mail. Ask Joe Zambuto how to do it, as he programmed it, and I am sure he can confirm this. But there are samples on the website. I wont give out the site as again...not trying to advertise. I would actually prefer to not sell, but there a whole other can of worms.
Tom C
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2003, 09:13 PM   #32
GameTheory

Let me help you out there.

Go to "printers" in your control panel and "Add Printer". Pick any printer off the list that has a "PS" on the end -- HP LaserJet Color LaserJet PS, for instance. These are drivers that come installed with Windows, although you'll possibly need your Windows CD.

The PS stands for PostScript. Now, there will be a checkbox for where you want the output to go: Network, LPT1, or *FILE*. Choose file.

Now anything you print using that driver will create a PostScript file (default extention .prn, but .ps is more appropriate). Any PostScript file can be read in with a free application called GSView (Ghostscript) -- just search Google for it. Additionally, GSView can easily convert the PostScript file to pdf format for even more portability.

So then anything you can print can be turned into a .ps or .pdf file that you can send to anyone....
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2003, 09:21 PM   #33
TomC

Game:
Will that work with XP? I just tried, and it is telling me I must first connect the device I wish to install before proceeding. Then the Windows closed, and I end up back at Control Panel.
Tom
Old 07-09-2003, 09:35 PM   #34
GameTheory

Hmmm...

Haven't tried in XP, but I think there is a checkbox for "detect printer" you may have to uncheck. It should go something like this:

Control Panel -> Printers & Other Hardware -> Printers & Faxes

Add Printer (starts up wizard)

Check Local Printer & Uncheck "Automatically detect & install"
(hit Next)

At this point you should be able to select a port & get on with it, I think...
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2003, 10:06 PM   #35
Lefty

You can also use a prgm called Snagit to capture anything on the screen and print or save it to file then send to anyone as an attach.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2003, 10:18 PM   #36
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally posted by Lefty
You can also use a prgm called Snagit to capture anything on the screen and print or save it to file then send to anyone as an attach.
Or you can just press the print screen button, then paste it in Paint and save as .bmp or .jpg.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2003, 10:34 PM   #37
TomC

Using the print screen wont work, nor would the program that saves the sceeen, as the ratings are wider than the actual screen shot, and there is a scroll bar. This is why I always suggest that the user prints the card rather than just using it on screen. At least until you are more familiar and know exactly the plays you are looking for.
Anyway, a 100% refund offer should take care of any questions. I keep saying it, and keep getting sucked back in, but I am done making any comments about the program. The web site was given, and anyone interested can read about it there.
Any additional comment about it PLEASE use my e-mail as I dont want to abuse the PA board. From now on I will not make another comment about it, unless e-mailed to: tconsole@aol.com
Best to all
Tom C
Old 07-09-2003, 10:50 PM   #38
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

You can adjust your screen size to make it fit.

I know personally I wouldn't use anything that I had to print the output. This game is about making money, I don't need the expense of ink and paper for all the tracks I play. (Unless I can print it at work )
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2003, 11:46 PM   #39
Derek2U
Veteran

CJ

UR idea is Ridickulous? ink + paper & ur reckoning that? heheh.
Derek2U is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2003, 11:54 PM   #40
Lefty

Plus, I hate to shuffle a myriad of papers. Anybody know what Derek said?
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2003, 12:57 AM   #41
little burt

Talking urti program

i have been talking to tom via e-mail the last week and asking questions about his program, i asked him if he could send me a card for hollywood park so i could see what the printouts really looked like i also asked him if he would send me the operators manual to see how hard it was to set up and use, he sent me all the above items i asked to see, with no obligation on my part, he has answered all my e-mails within 24hrs and answered my questions even some that i thought were kind of stupid on my part , he even gave me some more installs for my previous program that i had purched from him. all i know is that i have allways had fair dealing s with him, and i think he is a man of his word, i am not pluging his new program, but i am going to give it a try. little burt
little burt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2003, 02:35 AM   #42
B. Comin'

LB,

"Using purchased or home-grown handicapping software? Tell us about it!"

Since you're not a member of 'the club', what this really means here is:

"Are you shilling if using purchased or home-grown handicapping software? Don't tell us about it!"

LOL
B. Comin' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2003, 10:01 AM   #43
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

New Identity

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby
What ever happened to FRank Guru? He was on a bbs at yahoo, but that was shut down.
After HPU went south, Frank went East...to Iraq, where he became Baghdad Bob. He will be selling tipsheets at the Baghdad race track when it opens this fall.
(100% winners! All on top!)
Old 07-10-2003, 10:28 PM   #44
Jaguar

URTI experience

Have just received from a fellow handicapper the printout from Belmont's July 9th card, as handicapped by URTI.

Though I have not seen or used the program itself, I can say that the results for this card were excellent. At the core of the program is Tom's unique pace and speed handicapping method named SnapCapper, a program I had heard good things about but had never seen.

Though URTI has built- in models, for some reason my friend ignored them and handicapped the 9 races in native mode.

Although URTI is a very detailed and comprehensive program, with extensive info. and analysis- the Snap methodology is the main feature of the "Picks" screen, and Snap did pick some nice winners and exactas, and did make money for the day.

One notable URTI feature is the presence of "automatic" betting screens, so if you are in a hurry, you can play the race the way the program structures the bets, if you wish.

Interestingly, URTI can be used to handicap almost any type of race, which would make the program appealing to very aggressive handicappers.

Personally, only races which feature horses with reliable past performance histories are of interest to this cowardly bettor,
and I only play races which my old stand-by, Multi-Strats, rates a race as having a consistency factor of 64%, or above. But, I realise that there are many venturesome souls out there who would like to take a shot at every race.

Having seen only the output for one card, I can't make a comment about how URTI would do on a daily basis, nor do I yet have enough data to start bench-marking URTI against other handicapping programs, though I look forward to receiving more URTI output to study.

There are some strong speed and pace based discs on the market, and my first impression of URTI is that this is certainly a very well-thought-out program that can hold its head up with the rest of them.

I should add that the URTI programmer, Joe Zambuto, has done quite a job here, this is a big program.

All the best,

Jaguar
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2003, 05:10 PM   #45
midnight

Quote:
Originally posted by TomC
A comment was made that someone wanted to have me e-mail a file. Then you said I gave some line why I couldn't do it. Well sorry, I am not a magician. URTI dumps the info directly to either the screen or printer, your choice. It does not create a file. So there is no file I can e-mail. Ask Joe Zambuto how to do it, as he programmed it, and I am sure he can confirm this. But there are samples on the website. I wont give out the site as again...not trying to advertise. I would actually prefer to not sell, but there a whole other can of worms.
Tom C
And naturally, it would be impossible to print it out, scan it, and then post that to a website so people can see it, right? That might take all of 10 minutes. Or use a screen capture program (there are DOZENS of freeware ones---I use one every day and it works fine on XP Home Edition), capture the screen to a jpg file, and post that on a website.

Tom (Bulldog): LOL about Bahgdad Bob.
  Reply With Quote Reply