Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-02-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
raistin

Ultimate Race Track Investor

Has anybody heard any updates about Ultimate Race Track Investor by Tom Console? I heard that he was supposed to complete this program soon. Thank you for any information.
raistin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2003, 03:31 PM   #2
GameTheory

Is this another plant? You really looked hard, didn't you? Considering there is another thread entitled "Ultimate Race Track Investor is ready!" currently on the first page of this section?

I don't think we need to ban all advertising, just banning any that involves Tom Console ought to cover 95% of it!
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
penguinfan
Gelded since last post

You know what Game Theory, I really wanted to give ole Tom the benefit of the doubt, but this is just plain rediculous. How can anyone take his software seriously when you see continued crap like this.

Penguinfan
Old 07-05-2003, 01:35 AM   #4
midnight

I never even saw this. I thought it was the other thread about the software. I had to look at the post count to realize it was a second one.

The odd part is that the old thread is still on the first page. Mr. Console usually waits until the old one falls off the first page before bringing in a fresh ghost.

Some of these touting "kats" need to find a new advertising "guru" to do their work for them because "frankly" they aren't fooling too many of us.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2003, 01:54 AM   #5
TomC

PA:
You must have some way of telling where the posts come from. I got 4 e-mails from people saying the usual bashers were at it again. But you have to be able to see the original post never came from me. On my website, which will remain nameless, the host can tell me everythiong about everyone that visits the site if need be. So I would think you could do the same with a message board, right?
Its funny how pathetic some of you guys are to think I have nothing better to do than post bogus messages. And then how you stroke each other thinking "we got him"!
Too funny.
Tom C
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2003, 05:35 AM   #6
midnight

Oh dry up. You've been caught with your pants down at least five times with this ghost crap. You remind me of another magic medicine salesman here who insisted he was an innocent victim. Frank Guru and his 500 clones. For all we know, you're him. The same damn M.O., the same "I didn't do it!" B.S., the same "I'm not really selling anything because I make a lot of money," the same arrogant attitude.

You've been caught in so many lies and switches that it isn't even funny. Nobody who's a regular here is going to believe your song and dance about how you're doing the world a favor by selling them your wonderful programs----and I personally am going to see to it that no newbies are fooled, either.

I don't like con-men. You're a con-man. The end.

P.S.: PA is one of the fairest web board owners around. If he knew for sure the somebody was doing this, he'd say so and ban the offender.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2003, 09:40 AM   #7
Myhorse1_X
Veteran

I personally have revieved Tom's new software. The software was easy to use, the data base did indeed point to some items on particular races that was significant to a winner.

The part of the software that I particulary liked was the structuring of win bets, exacta bets and trifecta bets. The software also pointed to races that were not playable, and his First Time starter winners were impressive.

I would think that anyone that has trouble with their betting would like this program. It is straight forward, the manual is easy reading and understandable.
Since I have designed my own software there are a couple of things that I would have done differently, but none negates the operation of the program.
Tom also offers a money back guarantee with his software, and this is VERY unusual even with the restocking fee to cover his mailing, packaging, and reproducing the software.

I have reviewed a lot of software in my time, and I think that Tom's effort is well worth while.

MyHorse1
PS I don't know Tom Console, and have no interest whatsoever in the software. I am just trying to present an overall opinion.
Myhorse1_X is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2003, 09:50 AM   #8
Suff
Beat up 💪

These guys know.... ONE winning player talking up there Program is better than 2 banner ads on DRF or Bloodhorse.

They encourage users to "talk it up". Look at Rmania's post today. Nothing against Rmania. But he's "sold" a few programs and he's waiting for the users to start "talkin it up".

But he has'nt seen anything on the site,.... So today he comes out and "baits" the guys that Bought....to talk.

Its part of Most software sellers advertising strategy. Get the users to do all the advertising for you.

I've noticed that the Groups that put up FREE prizes in Contest always respect PA's Advertising Guidelines. Its a shame , because those guys...Like RRBaur,, I'd give a little lee way too.. But these fools with 1 post or 10 posts...that are always "pitching" ......... really get me.

Last edited by Suff; 07-08-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2003, 10:00 AM   #9
TomC

Conclusive

I think after reading the post by Midnight, it's conclusive. Midnight is NO DOUBT putting the posts on here to make me look bad. He is "THE GHOST" Lets look at the facts:
1) Midnight has no life. After all, look how much time he has to spend on ME!
2)Midnight has no future, so he may as well try and ruin it for others.
4)Midnight is..well he is Midnight. The most negative person on the board, and he seems to know all the angles of what everyone else is doing. Probably lives in his mommy's basement.

So your Honor, I rest my case. Midnight is "the ghost" of the board. I would like to drop all charges, because if I dont at least let Midnight bash me, what else does he have to live for?

Tom C
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #10
rmania

Quote:
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
Look at Rmania's post today. Nothing against Rmania. But he's "sold" a few programs and he's waiting for the users to start "talkin it up".

But he has'nt seen anything on the site,.... So today he comes out and "baits" the guys that Bought....to talk.
Hey Suff... I'm not trying to "bait" anyone...
There are "respected" software designers on this board who insisted that users would eventually talk about products (good or bad) and that this would be a true testimony to the product.
I, on the other hand (realizing the mindset of most horse players) would consider complete silence as the best tribute. My ego would like to hear of some success stories (e-mail them if you want - I promise not to post'em).
rmania is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2003, 10:30 AM   #11
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally posted by rmania
Hey Suff... I'm not trying to "bait" anyone...
\stories (e-mail them if you want - I promise not to post'em).
R...

I was really hesitant to hang you out there like that. I was really using you as an example of "Internal" Promotion". I'm not trying to rub you wrong or bring heat on you. But I suppose I did by hitting you with a little "Friendly Fire".

Of course I hope your guys are winning and I hope your doing well with your program and selections.

SUFF
Old 07-08-2003, 10:44 AM   #12
rmania

Quote:
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
I was really hesitant to hang you out there like that.
Don't worry about it Suff.. I've gotten used to it.
I was hesitant about making the post. Been thinking about it for a couple of weeks and finally decided why not.
rmania is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2003, 12:24 PM   #13
andicap

To me silience might also mean they tried it and like most software,
found it wanting and abandoned it. No need to trash talk or bad-mouth
someone tho.

Or it could mean it was great and they don't want to tell anyone else
about it.

Ah, the glass is half empty or half-full.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:02 PM   #14
Lefty

I think it's all much ado about nothing. If the guy gives a money back guarantee and stands by it, nothing could be more fair than that. I don't have the software and won't try it because it does not use Adv Procaps files.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2003, 01:52 PM   #15
GameTheory

A money back guarantee minus 20% is not a money back guarantee. There are people who's entire business model is the sell products they know are crap and their ONLY INTENTION is to make money on "restocking fees" for returned merchandise, which is priced high enough in the first place that the restocking fee is significant.

I haven't seen Tom's program, but if I send him $500 bucks for it, he could send me a program that didn't do ANYTHING and still keep $100 if I returned it. That's fair? Restocking fees are tools for scammers. It just isn't good business.

Legitimate vendors with a product they believe in should either offer a FULL money back guarantee or make a demo version that can really show you what the software can do. But to buy something sight unseen where the risk is on the buyer? No thanks.
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply