Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #76
DarrenClarke

Count me in. There are plenty of other signals to play. Also, no more golf trips to AZ. I will also do everything I can to encourage other players not to wager on races from TUP. Mike H
DarrenClarke is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2007, 01:12 AM   #77
trying2win

Thumbs down Turf Paradise

Has anyone sent an email of protest to the management of Turf Paradise, telling them that you won't be betting on their race meet starting Fri. Oct. 5/07, because of this ridiculous new state law there regarding ADWS? I won't be betting Turf Paradise until this Arizona ADW situation is resolved.

T2W
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2007, 01:35 AM   #78
TomC

They got an e-mail, from me. I hope many of you go to TurfParadise.com and send them an e-mail too. Be clear and to the point. Serious players will not be wagering TUP races until this is over-turned.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 AM   #79
trying2win

Thumbs down Turf Paradise

I just sent an email to Turf Paradise to tell them I won't be betting their track, until that outrageous, Arizona anti-ADW bill is repealed. Who else is going to take a stand and speak out to the management at Turf Paradise?

T2W

~“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”
- Edmund Burke
Old 10-04-2007, 09:35 AM   #80
alydar

Between their ridiculous takeout and their stand on ADW's I do not why anyone should consider playing their races.
alydar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #81
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying2win
I just sent an email to Turf Paradise to tell them I won't be betting their track, until that outrageous, Arizona anti-ADW bill is repealed. Who else is going to take a stand and speak out to the management at Turf Paradise?

T2W
~“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”
- Edmund Burke
Just emailed them T2W.
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #82
shanta

also posted the Tup email addy on my bud's site and asked for help with this. That should hopefully throw another 75-100 emails at them man.
ok
Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #83
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

email address:

tp@turfparadise.net
Old 10-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #84
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanta
Just emailed them T2W.
Just received this reply to my rather harsh email. I also noticed that this reply and my original email were "carbon copied" to the heads of the track.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Richard,

We are sorry you feel that way. Regarding the legislation, we agree with you. I would like to point out some things and hopefully change your opinion of our racetrack. First, we tried to get account wagering approved in the state but couldn’t even get the Bill heard in the legislature because of the Indian tribes. The legislature feared that it was an expansion of gambling and would trigger the poison pill which would allow the tribes unlimited gaming. Also, we tried working with the account wagering companies. When that happened the state stepped in and wouldn’t allow us. They even threatened to take our license away if we did. Before HB 2694 ADW companies were costing Arizona racetracks millions of dollars and the horsemen and dogmen as well because they were coming in and taking wagers without having any responsibility to the industry like they do in every other state. We have a responsibility to make this track better and improve racing in this state. That is hard to do when you are watching millions of wagering dollars sucked out of the state and all you can do is stand by and watch it happen. We have no problem with ADW’s, all we’re asking for is to allow us to benefit from it like every other racetrack does in the US. We tried to make it legal we tried to participate in it but were forbidden.

With that said let me tell you what we believe will happen. With the passing HB 2694 we are moving forward. The law will be challenged by the ADW companies and if they win (which is highly likely) the state will be forced to make it legal. Then account wagering will be allowed to come back in and we will all benefit. How long that takes I am not sure but we are looking forward to the day it happens.

Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this over the phone.

Sincerely,

Dave Johnson

David Johnson
Vice President\ Assistant General Manager
Turf Paradise
1501 W. Bell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85023
602-375-6431
djohnson@turfparadise.net
Old 10-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #85
trying2win

Turf Paradise reply

Richie:

That's the same reply I got too from Turf Paradse.

Thanks,

T2W
Old 10-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #86
csmith

Quote:
Has anyone sent an email of protest to the management of Turf Paradise, telling them that you won't be betting on their race meet starting Fri. Oct. 5/07, because of this ridiculous new state law there regarding ADWS? I won't be betting Turf Paradise until this Arizona ADW situation is resolved.

T2W
Yes, I did
Old 10-04-2007, 04:27 PM   #87
csmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanta
Just received this reply to my rather harsh email. I also noticed that this reply and my original email were "carbon copied" to the heads of the track.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Richard,

We are sorry you feel that way. Regarding the legislation, we agree with you. I would like to point out some things and hopefully change your opinion of our racetrack. First, we tried to get account wagering approved in the state but couldn’t even get the Bill heard in the legislature because of the Indian tribes. The legislature feared that it was an expansion of gambling and would trigger the poison pill which would allow the tribes unlimited gaming. Also, we tried working with the account wagering companies. When that happened the state stepped in and wouldn’t allow us. They even threatened to take our license away if we did. Before HB 2694 ADW companies were costing Arizona racetracks millions of dollars and the horsemen and dogmen as well because they were coming in and taking wagers without having any responsibility to the industry like they do in every other state. We have a responsibility to make this track better and improve racing in this state. That is hard to do when you are watching millions of wagering dollars sucked out of the state and all you can do is stand by and watch it happen. We have no problem with ADW’s, all we’re asking for is to allow us to benefit from it like every other racetrack does in the US. We tried to make it legal we tried to participate in it but were forbidden.

With that said let me tell you what we believe will happen. With the passing HB 2694 we are moving forward. The law will be challenged by the ADW companies and if they win (which is highly likely) the state will be forced to make it legal. Then account wagering will be allowed to come back in and we will all benefit. How long that takes I am not sure but we are looking forward to the day it happens.

Sincerely,

Dave Johnson

David Johnson
Turf Paradise
1501 W. Bell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85023
602-375-6431

I also got the same exact response to the e-mail I sent to them
Old 10-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #88
trying2win

Turf Paradise reply

Richie:

I just reread that Turf Paradise reply email that you and I both received. It seems to have some contradictions in it. First they say negative comments about ADWS...then they say positive things about them. Makes it difficult for me to gauge where Turf Paradise stands on the issue of ADWS, with that kind of bafflegab.

By the way, in my email to Turf Paradise I also criitcized their track for the outrageous 20 % takeout on STRAIGHT BETS, and suggested that they lower it. They didn't make any comment on that in their return email.

T2W

Last edited by trying2win; 10-04-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #89
shanta

Quote:
Richie:

I just reread that Turf Paradise reply email that you and I both received. It seems to have some contradictions in it. First they say negative comments about ADWS...then they say positive things about them. Makes it difficult for me to gauge where Turf Paradise stands on the issue of ADWS, with that kind of bafflegab.

By the way, in my email to Turf Paradise I also criitcized their track for the outrageous 20 % takeout on STRAIGHT BETS, and suggested that they lower it. They didn't make any comment on that in their return email.

T2W
I did the same thing T2W regarding the high takeout. As you see they also chose to ignore that part.

FWIW several members on my buddies site have emailed and gotten the EXACT reply so we are being "form lettered". Imagine that man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Gledda,

Sincerely,

Dave Johnson

David Johnson
Turf Paradise
1501 W. Bell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85023
602-375-6431
Old 10-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #90
NoCal Boy

I think the AZ tracks strongly want (and need) ADW handle, but they also want to receive some source market fees as well. Apparently Arizona tracks did not receive any source market fees from wagers made in-state through the ADW's. Of course, they did receive a 3% host fee (more or less) from each ADW dollar wagered into their tracks. I guess it is okay for Turf Paradise to receive ADW handle from CA, NY, etc., but not allow their own residents to use ADW!! Ridiculous.

I can easily envision someone from AZ hooking up with some reliable and trusted friend/relative in another state, and simply having that person place wagers for him. An Arizona resident can still access the websites of each ADW, but can not wager. A simple phone call or e-mail to an out of state accountholder is all it takes to get a wager in.
NoCal Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply