Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #31
f2tornado

There are good favorites and bad favorites. California Chrome met nearly all my Derby angles and I could not find a reason to bet against. Hitting a 5/2 is better than losing a 20-1. American Pharoah met some of my angles but not as many as Chrome. I had that beat the favorite mentality but no other horse in the race satisfied my angles so I did not bet enthusiastically. In hindsight, I simply thought AP had it too easy and was due for a battle. He got an early stretch battle then it was over. This year, pre-9F preps, I cannot find any fault with Mohaymen. He meets most of my angles and now just need to see what he does in the FL Derby. If the fractions are good then I'm not going to fight the favorite. If the fractions are not right then I'll see how horses on my watch list do in the big preps and play the upset since I already have Mohaymen nailed down in the future wagers.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #32
davew

Are they both expected to run the Florida Derby on April 2?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #33
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Are they both expected to run the Florida Derby on April 2?

Pretty much a 100% guarantee the both run unless something happens to them during a workout.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #34
PowerUpPaynter

this is going to be like when Hulk Hogan met Ultimate Warrior in Wrestle Mania 6. Cant wait
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #35
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado
I agree. The only one I can think of that wasn't on the March future wager was Animal Kingdom. There have been a couple of recent place horse bombers come out of the All Others so this is still a nice choice to bet your exacta. You will likely buy 5-8 different combinations playing a straight Future pool 3 exacta with All Others while a box gives you 10-16 orders of finish. You get a huge number of combinations in Future 1 assuming your choice makes the gate then less with each successive future bet. No complaints from me if it's a goofy horse over or under Mohaymen. I have around a cumulative $20 box through Future 3. Will get more choosy on 4 at end of the month.

I know the UAE Derby hasn't even came close to producing a derby winner but if one of the 3 Japanese runners win they are coming to Kentucky. Sunday Silence transformed JRAs breeding program. It's now right up there with the best almost single handily because of SS. If you are betting against Nyquist and Mohaymen , you're probably doing so with the theory that 1 1/4 is stretching it. 2 of the 3 runners from Japan debut at 10f and the other 9f.

Maybe not this year but there will be a derby contender from JRA in the near future. They are stockpiling American distance dirt horses like I''ll Have Another, Eskendereya, Empire Maker, etc..
Old 03-24-2016, 03:21 PM   #36
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten2oneormore
I know the UAE Derby hasn't even came close to producing a derby winner but if one of the 3 Japanese runners win they are coming to Kentucky. Sunday Silence transformed JRAs breeding program. It's now right up there with the best almost single handily because of SS. If you are betting against Nyquist and Mohaymen , you're probably doing so with the theory that 1 1/4 is stretching it. 2 of the 3 runners from Japan debut at 10f and the other 9f.

Maybe not this year but there will be a derby contender from JRA in the near future. They are stockpiling American distance dirt horses like I''ll Have Another, Eskendereya, Empire Maker, etc..

You know one of these future derby winners will come off racing in.the UAE derby, just a matter of time. Trends/angles & systems are being broken every year since 2000
Old 03-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #37
Stoleitbreezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
You know one of these future derby winners will come off racing in.the UAE derby, just a matter of time. Trends/angles & systems are being broken every year since 2000

The buzz surrounding the last UAE Derby winner Mubtaahij was amazing. He seemed to be everyone's wise guy horse to buck the trend of the UAE Derby being an irrelevant prep to the derby. Despite his smashing win in Meydan he finished 8th in the derby. Until the course shifts to dirt I'll continue to cross a line through the winner.
Stoleitbreezing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2016, 04:20 PM   #38
sbcaris

The Meyden course has already shifted to dirt.
sbcaris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2016, 04:59 PM   #39
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoleitbreezing
The buzz surrounding the last UAE Derby winner Mubtaahij was amazing. He seemed to be everyone's wise guy horse to buck the trend of the UAE Derby being an irrelevant prep to the derby. Despite his smashing win in Meydan he finished 8th in the derby. Until the course shifts to dirt I'll continue to cross a line through the winner.

I think the main problem for horses running in the UAE & then going to the derby is the long flight & quarantine, that's gotta be a lot of stress for the horse.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #40
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten2oneormore
I will certainly be watching Lani run Saturday. Breeding on that one is impeccable.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2016, 08:24 PM   #41
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
I think the main problem for horses running in the UAE & then going to the derby is the long flight & quarantine, that's gotta be a lot of stress for the horse.
IMO trainers have figured out how to globe trot horses. Sure every horse is different but look at Highland Reel's 2015 campaign. Started with two g1s in France in May , then to Ireland in June , then GB in July , then won the Secretariat at (August)Arlington in US by 5+ lengths, then back to (Sept)Ireland , then to (Oct)Australia , and finished off with a win in the (December)G1 Hong Kong Vase in China. He runs in the Dubai Sheema Classic R8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado
I will certainly be watching Lani run Saturday. Breeding on that one is impeccable.
I thought so too. Tapit out of a Sunday Silence mare. Seems like literally every horse running for Japan is out of a SS mare or by a sire that was sired by SS. Look at Duramente in the Sheema Classic. King Kamehameha out of a SS mare. After watching Postponed on Super Saturday I think he will be very tough to beat but that is some breeding on Duramente even if he is underlaid this race.