Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #16
boys at tosconova

rags just lets you feel good about your long shot horses trending up,..and that's about all the do until after the race is over and you don't win.

can't be taken seriously anymore
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2015, 10:39 PM   #17
Robes
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcaris
You do not have to spend 30 dollars for sheets when you can use the Beyer figs to the same importance. Last year the favorite was California Chrome and he had the highest last out Beyer fig. I do not know for sure but my guess would be he had the highest last out sheet number as well.
1--You can not use the Beyers in the same way we use the Sheets,because the Beyer# is a speed figure and not very accurate,and the Sheet # is a performance figure, and is the most accurate figure out there, tests have been done to prove that, and I'm talking about the Ragozin Sheets not Thorograph

2--Most of the time most Sheet players don't bet the last higher # they use the last # to make informed decisions for where the horse is in its form cycle,and they use the #s to see if the horse is a contender in the race,the Sheets are about patterns #power and odds.
3D And most important I'm very glad not too manny people know about the Sheets and that not too manny people want to spend the $35.
Robes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #18
Robes
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpit
I don't know what to make of Materiality, but Upstart to me is a complete toss. Horses need to have everything go basically perfect on the road to the Derby, and getting sick three weeks out and missing a work is the kiss of death.

Frosted seems like a live horse, and we know Kiaran can get a horse to peak on Derby Day, like Closing Argument did at 71-1 in 2005.
Upstart has #power,will have good rest,and also has a very good Sheet pattern
which points to a good race in the big race, the recent setback is a cause of concern but he worked very well the other day and scoped clean according to his trainer, Materiality has run 2 fast races on the Sheets and will have good rest into the Derby and there is no way you can toss him the negative on him is that he doesn't have a foundation.

Last edited by Robes; 04-18-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:17 PM   #19
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova
rags just lets you feel good about your long shot horses trending up,..and that's about all the do until after the race is over and you don't win.

can't be taken seriously anymore

And that is why all the great trainers pay attention to "the sheets".

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 04-18-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2015, 11:18 PM   #20
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes
which points to a good race in the big race, the recent setback is a cause of concern but he worked very well the other day and scoped clean according to his trainer, Materiality has run 2 fast races on the Sheets and will have good rest into the Derby and there is no way you can toss him the negative on him is that he doesn't have a foundation.
Thanks for posting. The Odds Must be Crazy is required reading and whenever I heard LR speaking you could just tell he is/was a man of great intellect. Please post some more, although PA has the Guillotine here.

*That is I'm guessing your LF from the Ragozin Board which I have lurked at for many years.

Last edited by RunForTheRoses; 04-18-2015 at 11:27 PM.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2015, 11:36 PM   #21
boys at tosconova

Quote:
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 06:12 AM   #22
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF
Ragozin Sheets
BlueChip,

Looking at your picture with a man running and a horse in the background makes me wonder. Did you take horse racing literally and run against them? What's your best time? Have you beat any notable horses? :>}

I should talk. I'm a gangster in my avatar.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #23
Bennie

Capper al - you need to know who the man in the avatar is. He could probably beat some of the horse I have bet on.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #24
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
BlueChip,

Looking at your picture with a man running and a horse in the background makes me wonder. Did you take horse racing literally and run against them? What's your best time? Have you beat any notable horses? :>}

I should talk. I'm a gangster in my avatar.
You don't remember Chad Johnson racing against a horse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWGoSc28B1M
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #25
Robes
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
Thanks for posting. The Odds Must be Crazy is required reading and whenever I heard LR speaking you could just tell he is/was a man of great intellect. Please post some more, although PA has the Guillotine here.

*That is I'm guessing your LF from the Ragozin Board which I have lurked at for many years.
RFR,

I'm not LF, LF and LR are men that I admire hence the name Robes.☺️
Old 04-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #26
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcaris
You do not have to spend 30 dollars for sheets when you can use the Beyer figs to the same importance. Last year the favorite was California Chrome and he had the highest last out Beyer fig. I do not know for sure but my guess would be he had the highest last out sheet number as well.
Chrome was one of a bunch of horses all around the same numbers... so as the fave he was a toss to them.

They liked Samraat , General A Rod , and Vicar's In Trouble

2013 they liked Orb,Itsmyluckyday and/over normandy invasion ,verrazano

Quote:
1--You can not use the Beyers in the same way we use the Sheets,because the Beyer# is a speed figure and not very accurate,and the Sheet # is a performance figure, and is the most accurate figure out there, tests have been done to prove that, and I'm talking about the Ragozin Sheets not Thorograph

2--Most of the time most Sheet players don't bet the last higher # they use the last # to make informed decisions for where the horse is in its form cycle,and they use the #s to see if the horse is a contender in the race,the Sheets are about patterns #power and odds.
3D And most important I'm very glad not too manny people know about the Sheets and that not too manny people want to spend the $35.

IMO

1-You are talking out ur arse. If there was a study to be done it wouldn't be Ragozin on top. Do you even know how they arrive at their figure? If you did you would notice at least 1 GIANT flaw .

2-Good handicappers haven't just bet the best last out fig since the 80s. Any figures can paint a form cycle picture and that is maybe 1/20 of what goes into estimating how a horse will run today. You sir need to put down the kool aid and look around. Who knows you might find a source that provides more information , is significantly more accurate , and costs a month what sheet people spend in a day.

I used sheets for a couple years playing almost daily and the thing I will commend them most for is turf routes. IMO they make the best turf route figures . Dirt routes are good too but if I was looking to spend $50 for there services it would be a hand picked collection of 18-20 turf races.

This show just did a segment on people subconsciously thinking just because something costs more it is better. In their study they made two identical cakes and had the public do a taste test under the assumption that one cake they sold for $60 and one sold for $10. Even though they were the exact same cake almost everyone gushed over the $60 cake how it was so good and moist and must of had the best ingredients while everyone thought the $10 cake was dry and bland. In the horse racing information world the bargain seller actually has the best information imo.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:29 PM   #27
Robes
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten2oneormore
Chrome was one of a bunch of horses all around the same numbers... so as the fave he was a toss to them.

They liked Samraat , General A Rod , and Vicar's In Trouble

2013 they liked Orb,Itsmyluckyday and/over normandy invasion ,verrazano

IMO

1-You are talking out ur arse. If there was a study to be done it wouldn't be Ragozin on top. Do you even know how they arrive at their figure? If you did you would notice at least 1 GIANT flaw .

2-Good handicappers haven't just bet the best last out fig since the 80s. Any figures can paint a form cycle picture and that is maybe 1/20 of what goes into estimating how a horse will run today. You sir need to put down the kool aid and look around. Who knows you might find a source that provides more information , is significantly more accurate , and costs a month what sheet people spend in a day.

I used sheets for a couple years playing almost daily and the thing I will commend them most for is turf routes. IMO they make the best turf route figures . Dirt routes are good too but if I was looking to spend $50 for there services it would be a hand picked collection of 18-20 turf races.

This show just did a segment on people subconsciously thinking just because something costs more it is better. In their study they made two identical cakes and had the public do a taste test under the assumption that one cake they sold for $60 and one sold for $10. Even though they were the exact same cake almost everyone gushed over the $60 cake how it was so good and moist and must of had the best ingredients while everyone thought the $10 cake was dry and bland. In the horse racing information world the bargain seller actually has the best information imo.
First things first,I'm very glad that there are manny horseplayers like you in the pools,you and your friends sir pay for my Sheets +s much more,you said you used the Sheets for 2 years playing daily, my guess to why you stopped using them is that you you never learned to apply the #s correctly and of course you lost your money believe me it wasn't the Sheets fault, as for your assumption that some horseplayers buy the Sheets because they are expensive so they must be better you are dreaming,I've been buying the Sheets since 1985 and I buy 3 sets most days never less than 2 that's $65 or $95 for 4-5 days a week, do I use the Sheets alone for my handicapping? no I don't ,but without the Sheets I will be a losing horseplayer like the 98% or so that play the races, Succesfull Sheet reading sir requires accurate #s,and the Sheets have stood the test of time for accuracy, have you ever heard of a man named King Leatherbury,he trained from his home using Only the Sheets to place his horses, and I think the man won a few thousand races, and yes there was a test done and the Rag #s came on top,read The odds must be crazy,it's in there.
Good luck at the races, you will certainly need it.😐
Old 04-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #28
ten2oneormore

Quote:
First things first,I'm very glad that there are manny horseplayers like you in the pools,you and your friends sir pay for my Sheets +s much more
Clever , did you think of that all by yourself? Or did you search this forum and see the 20,000 other times someone led off with that hum dinger?

Quote:
,you said you used the Sheets for 2 years playing daily, my guess to why you stopped using them is that you you never learned to apply the #s correctly and of course you lost your money believe me it wasn't the Sheets fault,
No I did well. Especially when I realized that I should concentrate on turf routes. I stopped using them because I stumbled on to something better and while trying the two together it became a no brainer to make the switch. RIP Pace Figures...best site/info/value ever

Quote:
as for your assumption that some horseplayers buy the Sheets because they are expensive so they must be better you are dreaming,I've been buying the Sheets since 1985 and I buy 3 sets most days never less than 2 that's $65 or $95 for 4-5 days a week,
Blibbety blah blah blah

You say that likes it's a good thing.

Quote:
do I use the Sheets alone for my handicapping? no I don't ,but without the Sheets I will be a losing horseplayer like the 98% or so that play the races, Succesfull Sheet reading sir requires accurate #s,and the Sheets have stood the test of time for accuracy, have you ever heard of a man named King Leatherbury,he trained from his home using Only the Sheets to place his horses, and I think the man won a few thousand races, and yes there was a test done and the Rag #s came on top,read The odds must be crazy,it's in there.
Good luck at the races, you will certainly need it.😐
King Leatherbury is 82 years old

The Odds Must Be Crazy is almost 20 years old

Besides using that as a source to say Ragozin Sheets are best is like using a book written by Ronald McDonald as evidence McDonalds makes the best food on the planet.Thorograph has surpassed them and if you must use sheets you should be using them.

The game has evolved with so much information at your fingertips. People like you think it's about loyalty . Playing their atari on their 20 inch panasonic black and white while thinking their Pontiac Fiero is a lady killer.

You sir are the one that will need luck at the races using figs that might as well be dots and dashes.

To prevent this from going back and forth any further I'll stop trying to help you out.

Last edited by ten2oneormore; 04-20-2015 at 12:37 PM.
ten2oneormore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #29
nads1420
Veteran

what in the blue hell are "sheets"?
nads1420 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2015, 08:44 PM   #30
Robes
Journeyman

Smile

And i will leave you w/ this.
You remind of the Jehovah witnesses,they have an answer for everything

You say you did good w/ the SHEETS but stumbled into something better, you remind of a guy who stumbled on the driving comment in DRF
he was winning for a while just betting those horses

Sheet players have been laughing and fleecing handicappers like you for decades thank you for all the dead money in the pools.

Every successful trainer today uses the SHEETS in some way ,K. Leatherbury was an example.

again good luck at the races,like i said you certainly will need it.