Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
midnight

Challenge to Tom Console

Mr. Console: I have a great idea. I'll buy your Instapick software for the $125 you ask. Since there's no user input needed, I should get the same selections anybody else would.

I'll post the Ultimate Selection horses ("hi-lite" plays as you put it) in the selections thread for one month. I'll post it for both win and place. I'll post for Aqueduct, Gulfstream/Calder, Santa Anita/Hollywood, Bay Meadows, Hawthorne, and Laurel/Pimlico. That's six track circuits for the whole month of April, posted the night before each day's races. If there's any dispute, I can post the screen capture for a given track so there's no question that I'm posting what the program tells me. That will cover about 120 racecards and well over 1,000 races, which should be a decent workout for the program.

You'll get $125 out of the deal, and if your program is as good as you say it is, you'll get a lot of business out of it.

Do I have your permission to do this?
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
Suff
Beat up 💪

I like a throw down now and then... its good for the juices. I'd send him an e-mail so he knows your calling him out.

Grudge handicapping goes back centuries. Matter of fact, Kings worked out thier grudges by beating others Kings best Stallions on the track.

Grudge Handicapping at the race track is a daily thing.. One guy says you don't know shit, you say he don't know shit...and away they go. Good stuff.

I'll also add this... From Hanging with the Public handicappers at Saratoga.. the competition is intensely personal. I once saw a National Handicapper have a Tissy fit in the press box... Not because he lost a bet.. but because another handicapper who busting his chops at Siro's that morning had the winner.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ooooooo. Free advertising, free picks, daily excitement, woo hoo!

Tom?
Old 03-27-2005, 08:29 PM   #4
midnight

In the SnapCap thread, Mr. Console declined to accept the invitation. What a surprise.

I'll have more to say later.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 09:16 PM   #5
Zaf
Pace Cappa

If someone here buys his program, why can`t we post picks ?

ZAFONIC
Old 03-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #6
GameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafonic
If someone here buys his program, why can`t we post picks ?
Even if you can't the post the picks, I would trust the results reported from midnight much more than if they were reported from TomC....
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #7
midnight

I'm checking with some people about the legality of posting picks with the Instapick Ultimate software.

I don't know how I'd go about getting a copy, though. I don't want Mr. Console to have my personal information (name, address, etc.), which I'd have to give him in order to buy it directly from him.

Of course if somebody else (who was well known and trusted here, not a newbie) wanted to buy the software and then sell the original to me for what he paid for it (without keeping a personal copy, of course)........
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 10:55 PM   #8
NoDayJob

So much for that program--- Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

NDJ
NoDayJob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 11:15 PM   #9
TomC

Ultimate Plays Sunday: GP and SA are all I played
The suggestd way I state is betting win/place on the ULTIMATE plays.

GP: Race 1: #5 xxxx 3.00
Race 2 #5 $6.00 3.40
Race 6 #6 $4.00 2.60
On a $2 basis, bet 12, get $19. 1.58 ROI

SA Race 1: #1 $2.40 $2.20 yeee ha!
Race 2 #3 XXX 7.60
Race 3 #2 5.80 2.60
Race 5 #13 xxxx xxxx
On a $2 basis bet $16, get $20.60 ROI 1.287

Gulfstream on MONDAY 3/28
2 qualified plays. Chaulky
Race 1, #6
Race 7 #2

I usually play Instapick at SA and GP, Longshots at MNR.
Todays plays can be verified by anyone with the program.
Selections in this post are for entertainment pruposes ONLY. Not meant to induce gambling.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 01:31 AM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight
I don't want Mr. Console to have my personal information (name, address, etc.), which I'd have to give him in order to buy it directly from him.
Why are you worried about him having your personal information....as long as you don't write MIDNIGHT on the order form....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 02:41 AM   #11
midnight

PA: I don't want to, for example, end up on a lot of mailing lists.

If I ordered the software off of Mr. Console's website in the next two weeks, I might be the only person who did so who wasn't a former customer.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 07:46 AM   #12
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC
I usually play Instapick at SA and GP, Longshots at MNR.
Todays plays can be verified by anyone with the program.
Selections in this post are for entertainment pruposes ONLY. Not meant to induce gambling.
Not familiar with your sw. Have you done a workout (not thru RPM) on Ultimate plays over a period of time at most of the major tracks? If so, what were the results? Or does that method not work well at some tracks, so you use longshots? (MNR)
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 08:24 AM   #13
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight
I
I don't know how I'd go about getting a copy, though. I don't want Mr. Console to have my personal information (name, address, etc.), which I'd have to give him in order to buy it directly from him.
well that aint right... Whats the fear? That'd he'd come to your house and punch in the nose? So what if he has your personal information.,, He should. Your implying he cannot do what he says he does... You want to do that from behind a curtain? Thats not right imho. I have no axe to grind with Tom C. Don't know him, seems like a decent guy. If your going to "shine" on him like your doing now... you gotta step out yourself.

Not saying you gotta put your name in NEON lights.

But wasn't one of your conditions that you'd buy the program if...? How were you going to do that if you wanted to remain completley anonymous?

Last edited by Suff; 03-28-2005 at 08:29 AM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 09:43 AM   #14
midnight

Put your address and phone number on the hot marketing lists and watch how much mail and how many phone calls you get. Not for me, thanks.

I could buy the program through somebody else, but why bother? I made the offer to test the program, and Mr. Console turned me down in the other thread. That speaks volumes in itself. I'm not going to beg the man.

If you think he's a decent sort, then maybe you should go back and read some of his other posts. I stopped being civil to the man a long time ago because he's blown up repeatedly over any kind of challenge to him or his programs.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #15
TomC

Thank you Suff for getting that point out. Remember that line "Do not pay attention to the man behind the curtain". But I just wanted to also make a point that I think is hilarious. Those same handul of guys do nothing but bash my programs, even though I never promise to make anyone rich AND they never buy them. Maybe they refer to RPM mailings that I have no control over once he buys the rights to things. But any e-mails I get when I am one on one with people, they can all tell you I tell it like it is. But thats not my point. The thing that is hilarious is that I look at the top of this page, and PA has ads on here that says "Win 5-7 races a day" (what playing 70 races maybe?) and another, the best, that says "98.1% win rate guaranteed". 98.1...wow, if they can only get the other 1.9%. Do I ever claim such nonsence? If I remeber correct, my web site for InstaPick Ultimate says overall, looking at every play, 25 to 36%, depending on tracks, and if you just use the suggested Ultimate plays, closer to 40% win, 65% win/place. I dont say they will be all huge prices (the Ultimate plays that is...the regular non ultimate plays will hit some longshots)...I state that many will be low, with your share of $12 to $15 winners, but DONT expect much over that as the plays are very strongly screened. Is that wild claims like they all yell about on this board....and its all done 100% mechanically for you, for just $125? ($125 if you buy from me, $250 from RPM or other distributors...and no, its NOT the same OLDER version RPM sells for $85!)
Ahhhh, whats the point.
Tom
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply