Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-27-2005, 09:35 AM   #46
John

Hcap

Oh yeah, Urti, is so great that I get in the mail saturday a flier for
"Strategic Longshots" software. guess who? none other than Tom Console himself.

He opens his letter with " I know,I know, I said, I was finished creating software ." then Tom says, that he feels Urti program is the best on the market that it is missing the "price" as in BIG price"

Well people, So now for $149.00 you don't need the $795.00 program $149.00 will get you the BIG prices.

What are you Guys waiting for.....Maxspa, to do a 20 day workout.Forgetit....get up the $149.00 and get those BIG prices.
and don't forget to bet $2.00 for me.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:40 AM   #47
hcap

John,

I tried his true tender software program years ago. Bought it from RPM.
Got my money back minus 20% as advertised. Thats the good news.
The bad news. Gave it a large fair test. Not much better than minus the track take.

Spoke to Tom about the program. Was helpful, but didn't change anything in terms of profitability. Got interested after a glowing report by Phillips.

The problem are the claims by Tom. Even though he may deny claiming a black box, or easy profits, it's right there on his site.

"I will give you your starting bankroll!
Yes, the program is $795. But I want you to take $300 and keep it to invest with. Just send me $495. I don’t know how much easier I can make it for you. You will have the most advanced program ever to hit the handicapping world, a manual that tells you how to make money right out of the box, and $300 to wager with. And I will throw in this"

..."If you have been praying for a way to make extra money at the races, consider your prayers answered. If you have been looking for a way to supplement your income, consider it supplimented....."

Prayers answered????

A bit disingenous to say the least
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 10:48 AM   #48
GameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyZee
You should be smart enough not to believe everything you read;If I developed a can't miss system I wouldn't be selling it for several hundred dollars-My starting price would start in the millions
So just because you have to be stupid to believe the lies, that makes the lies ok?
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 10:52 AM   #49
MartyZee

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Did you ever hear of Caveat Emptor? Buyer Beware- Would you like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge?
MartyZee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 11:03 AM   #50
hcap

There are many honorable software sellers. Many post on this board.
Have yet to see any one of these hype their stuff as Console does. Or RPM.

Brooklyn Bridge sellers should post on a real estate site. Your up against experienced handicappers here. And playing with hard earned realities as you and Console are doing is not goin' to go over real good. Try posting under another nick in a few weeks and see if anyone here buys the bridge.

They ain't gonna buy it today
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #51
andicap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyZee
Did you ever hear of Caveat Emptor? Buyer Beware- Would you like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge?
You ever hear of consumer fraud?
You can't just advertise anything. Free speech does not extend to advertising, the courts have rule. Yes, of course I should know better, but what about gullible newbies. Do they deserve to be snookered? You may -- in your Darwinian philosophy -- may think so, but I don't.

Also that person might quit the game in disgust and we've lost another new fan.

I've always wondered why the attorney general (Spitzer) doesn't take a look at this crap. The ad copy is pure out and out fraud. It promises riches.
You think "Miss Cleo" should have been allowed to practice her Psychic Hot-Line even though anyway with half a brain knows there's no such thing?

Sure people should know better but that doesn't mean the guilty should continue to be allowed to push their lies. If I cheated on my wife and someone was blackmailing me, you might say I deserved it, but blackmail is still a felony.

Laws are often designed to protect people against themselves, against their human failings, like greed and envy; against the weak. If I had an I.Q. of about 90, functioning but none too swift and was prone to believing these types of offers, do I deserve it?

People who invested in tech stocks in 2000 "should have known" it was too good to be true. Stocks were valued at X times their true worth. But it was OK for Enron and others to engage in fraud to deceive the public. "Ah, but caveat emptor. You should have known the market was overvalued." Yes, I should have, but as long as the information presented to me was truthful, not the bucket of lies that Enron and system pushers give me.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #52
midnight

Andy: that's exactly why I answer every post that I see and think is a scam with cynicism as heavily laid-on as I can lay it. It isn't to look so worldly and wise, because 90% of the people here already know better than to buy such things. It's to make sure that a newbie or casual reader---who might not know better---isn't fooled. If that means the attacked can take a cheap shot and state that I have too much time on my hands or that I need to get a life, then so be it.

Mr. Console won't post his picks on this forum, but I have a better idea. I don't want it lost in this thread though.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 12:05 PM   #53
timtam

John,

I got the same flyer from Tom Console for Strategic Longshots and in the same mailing from RPM in the same type of envelope from RPM an advertisement for Connect Four ( an amazingly simple way to profit big time flat betting more than 1 horse per race) plus Walt Owens new In-the Money Method. That will only cost me $45. The Connect Four gives winning days of March 4 and Feb 18th using the last workout only. I happen to have the Equibase track programs and results for March 4th so I was trying to decipher this easy formula even a grade school kid could do. You do have to bet 4 horses per race thats why I wondered on another post if anyone had any type of workout formula to see if this Elijah Watson of Albany ,Georgia really sent in this method or if it was lifted from somewhere else. At Oaklawn on March 4th it it 7 out of 10 winners. the prices being 14.80,24.00,5.20,5.20,9.20.6.40 and 17.80. Those were the 1st,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th and 10th races and the only criteria was the last workout. Gulfstream same day it hit the 1st,2nd,3rd,4th.5th.6th,and 7th races.Prices were 11.60,19.00,4.00,5.80,6.20,2.80 and 10.60
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #54
goodcopy

Hey!,I'm not endorsing or selling anything.I'm just telling you I had two more signers ,already this weekend on maiden races,like I said do a close analysis of Counsels snap cap/snap3 top horse in all maiden races and I'll bet you get a nice return on investment figure!
goodcopy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #55
mikeb

Give me a break!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC
So now I am Bobby too, huh Midnight? Boy, you sure spend enough time worrying about who I am today.

Also Noname....I never had an account with TSN. The ratings in Snap Cap and URTI are my own methods. Obviously they use data in the BRIS file to be calculated. However, to say they are the same as a TSN program is nuts.

Hey did you guys check out: www.instapick.com

Haha..might as well get a plug in for that one. Then if someone else asks, you dont have to think its me!!!!

Have fun children! Will be fun reading how you rip this to shreds...but then again, what else do you have to do? I am of course talking about the same handful of tikes, not the good guys on the board.

PS....Thanks RB for letting me know about the posts!
A FEW YEARS BACK I PURCHASED YOUR "INSTAPICK" PROGRAM FOR
$85, NOW I WOULD HAVE TO SPEND $125 FOR A SO CALLED DEAL?
SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE. HOW IS THAT A DEAL WHEN I WOULD HAVE TO SPEND $210 FOR THE SAME THING I ALREADY HAVE, AND DON'T EVEN USE.
THE SAME THING GOES FOR A PROGRAM YOU SOLD ME CALLED"WIN-ERGY"
THIS PROGRAM 2 YEARS LATER SHOWED UP ON YOUR U.R.T.I PROGRAM DISGUISED AS K-SPEED. IDENTICALLY THE SAME........

SO MY ONLY QUESTION IS "WHERE DOES IT END"?
mikeb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 01:13 PM   #56
andicap

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcopy
Hey!,I'm not endorsing or selling anything.I'm just telling you I had two more signers ,already this weekend on maiden races,like I said do a close analysis of Counsels snap cap/snap3 top horse in all maiden races and I'll bet you get a nice return on investment figure!
So post your picks and then we'll believe you.

And if you don't care if we believe you, why post at all?? Why waste your time and ours? We don't need people here bragging about their winning and we don't need people endorsing software without any proof that it works other than your word that you had some signers. We don't know you so why should we believe you.

This whole thread has gotten me so mad I might just contact the attorney general myself and find out the law on this stuff. I assume there's some loophole that enables this crap to be published and I wonder what it is. I guess it's difficult to PROVE that it doesn't work.

Old 03-27-2005, 01:25 PM   #57
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hey Andy,

If you start a class action suit, let me know. I'll buy a coy so I can get in on it!
Old 03-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #58
TomC

Hi again friends:
And I also want to extend all of you a wonderful Easter. I just got back in from church services, and saw my e-mails, saying there were new posts about me. So nice of you guys to spend your Holiday thinking of me.
And Mr Midnight...to offer me such an invitation. I am humbled, but must decline. No, its not just because I have better things to to, like actaully cashing tickets at the races, its just that I have stated many times before, my programs are out there for those that WANT to be winners. Its not for sale to skeptics. Heck, they may uncover my secrets! Oh my! Imagine if they found out that under the Superman mask its me! What would happen to the millions in income I derive from the sale of these programs!
So again, thanks for all you kind words and concern for me, and may you all have a continued Happy Easter. My ham is ready...and its a lot tastier than the hams that post on here. (Probably could pick more winners too!)
See ya later boys, but not on here. Midnight may challenge me to a tourney, and I dont wanna be yellar!
PA...you can delete my user name and password. Like Howard Sartin used to tell some people..YOU WANT TO LOSE. He must have had this same handful in his group! Its not healthy to hang around with negative people. From now on I will just corespond in e-mails sent directly to me at tconsole@aol.com for those that do want to be winners, chit chat, or would like some help with their handicapping. I am always happy to help ANYONE, ANYTIME I can. Unlike what many think on here, I dont claim to know it all, but I have helped many become winners at the races.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 02:08 PM   #59
TRM

Goodcopy,

Please post your picks in the selections section of the board!!!

Oh Yea.....preferably before the race is run!!!
TRM is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2005, 02:38 PM   #60
Lasix1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andicap
This whole thread has gotten me so mad I might just contact the attorney general myself and find out the law on this stuff. I assume there's some loophole that enables this crap to be published and I wonder what it is. I guess it's difficult to PROVE that it doesn't work.

Andicap,
While even the most libertarian conception of freedom has exceptions for force and fraud, I doubt that you could ever go after one of these system sellers in court for a simple reason: backfitted data. I could take almost any system ever sold over any period of time, run the races backward and show how I could have made an ROI of 10,20, 50% and be right. They would simply whip out the data and show it to the jury. The trick, of course, is having them show a profit going forward and they can't do that. I suspect that guys like Console know this, so, as someone said, they are being disingenuous in their advertising claims. (Rather like the EPA's mileage claims for new cars!)

If system sellers don't know it, they're just being ingenuous rather than disengenuous---bad, but not quite as bad. Tough to prove in court, and besides, who cares about gamblers anyway? Given the Puritan ethic in this country, few people are going to sympathize with people who are "just trying to get something for nothing"---a sentiment even expressed by one of our own with the "Caveat Emptor" remark. It's a strange and hazardous world we've adoped for an avocation, isn't it?

Last edited by Lasix1; 03-27-2005 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Added words
Lasix1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply