Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:12 AM   #16
acorn54

a question. i tried for a short time betting australian races but gave that up at my adw because their betting pools were not co-mingled with the on- track betting pools. the betting pools at my adw were extremely small and any kind of large bets had a huge impact.
does bris or other u.s. betting sites co-mingle their wagering pools with on track foreign tracks?
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2015, 06:16 AM   #17
joeslovo

I thought that the Aussie tracks were co-mingled.
The US tote returns for the British and Irish tracks are inline with the on track returns.
The SP odds are different.Bookies in Ireland and Britain offer all kinds of betting opportunities whereby you can take fixed odds before the event.That is bet your opinion regardless of tote returns;and of course on the exchange betting you can bet in running;if you are brave enough and wealthy enough.
joeslovo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2015, 06:19 AM   #18
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslovo
I thought that the Aussie tracks were co-mingled.
The US tote returns for the British and Irish tracks are inline with the on track returns.
The SP odds are different.Bookies in Ireland and Britain offer all kinds of betting opportunities whereby you can take fixed odds before the event.That is bet your opinion regardless of tote returns;and of course on the exchange betting you can bet in running;if you are brave enough and wealthy enough.

i will double-check,with the adw i use and see if it is just my faulty memory.
thanks
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2015, 06:46 AM   #19
biggestal99

I use racingpost for my handicapping info.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2015, 09:44 AM   #20
Some_One

Woodbine runs the Aussie totes I believe and they are not co-mingled with the Aussie tracks, zero chance.

The UK totes are run by totesport out of the UK and I think there is a comingling deal with North American operators to get access into those pools.

Last edited by Some_One; 02-18-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2015, 04:31 PM   #21
olddaddy

Twinspires is taking dubai as of tomorrow.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #22
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
Ive called them a couple times and they tell me that there is a contractual problem and they are in negotiations. I voiced my displeasure and tell them that I have to use another ADW and they tell me they will note that. So the bottom line is, Who knows why.
I figured as much. Twinspires think everyone needs them . Dubai is probably the one place that could care less about the few million they lose not broadcasting there.

Crossing my fingers someone comes to their senses by Super Saturday and a must by World Cup Night.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #23
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
Twinspires is taking dubai as of tomorrow.
Pretty crazy you posted this as I was responding to your other post .

That's good news.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #24
Nitro

Wink

I'm not a numbers and figures guy any longer (unless you're talking about money figures) so I can't help you with all that stuff. (And I'm being kind), but I will say that the best racing in the world as far as I'm concerned is in Hong Kong. You want PPs they're free. You want tote info its free. All available through the Hong Kong Jockey Club Web sites. I've been playing there since TVG made it available. The only negative is the big time difference. It usually starts at 12 Midnight and ends at 5 AM EST, but its worth the inconvenience!
Last Sun morning I had my best time yet! Its too bad that they don't offer (off track) Supers yet .
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...=120403&page=1
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #25
WP1981

This is odd. I just had Layl win race 3 at Meydan at 9/2 per everything on twitter. My book paid at $8.80.

Never had this happen, wonder if they are using another pool?
WP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #26
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP1981
This is odd. I just had Layl win race 3 at Meydan at 9/2 per everything on twitter. My book paid at $8.80.

If you're betting through an offshore book, that is probably the case, a different pool.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #27
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP1981

Expressbet payoffs for race #3 at Meydan:
13 Layl Dobbs P J $8.80 - $3.20
16 Giftorm Fallon K - $8.00
2 Romansh Barzalona M - $3.40
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2015, 05:03 AM   #28
osophy_junkie
Finish Line Profit

Post Reading the Charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslovo
FYI Iuse "Atheraces.com" and "The sportinglife.com" for info..also Irishracing.com.If you got to "Racing" on the sportinglfe website..click on live shows and you will see the latest odds ;which are more reliable than you will on a US based site.

Thanks for the links! I've been looking for a free source of international race charts for the past couple of months.

And now that I look at them I have a couple of questions. What's a chase and is it different than a hurdle race? The final times are in the teens, I find it hard to believe they are just like normal grass races.

How many shippers are in chase or hurdle races? They seem to be the majority of the races, should I keep them?
osophy_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2015, 05:22 AM   #29
Some_One

Technically they are all shippers, UK/Ire tracks don't have on track barns.

Chase versus Hurdle difference is the size of the obstacle to clear and the toughness. You can whack a hurdle and get away with it, not so with a chasing fence.

There will be no real charts, even for the flat UK/Ire races, sectional timing doesn't really exist. Results archives can be found at sportinglife.com or racingpost.com. The jump season runs mostly during the winter (with the daily all weather meet) then starting in April(?) the flat season picks up and the jump season winds down.

Last edited by Some_One; 02-22-2015 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:40 AM   #30
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One
Technically they are all shippers, UK/Ire tracks don't have on track barns.

Chase versus Hurdle difference is the size of the obstacle to clear and the toughness. You can whack a hurdle and get away with it, not so with a chasing fence.

There will be no real charts, even for the flat UK/Ire races, sectional timing doesn't really exist. Results archives can be found at sportinglife.com or racingpost.com. The jump season runs mostly during the winter (with the daily all weather meet) then starting in April(?) the flat season picks up and the jump season winds down.
To help with the difference between Chase and Hurdle, especially with the Cheltenham Festival coming up, a couple of videos, the Champion Hurdle and the Gold Cup (Chase) from last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsj81XUqdmI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrydSESZnCw