Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Valuist

Robert Wagner

Have to think he's at least a person of interest in this....sounds like foul play involved:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...095255169.html
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
DJofSD
Screw PC

What's the date that the screams were first reported? Last week or 30 years ago?

If she actually reported hearing those screams about the same timeframe of the death, that is one thing. But if she is just now coming forward with a story about hearing those screams and this is the first time she's shared this information, it is highly suspect.

The police must have some additional hard information that is not yet shared with the public.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
FantasticDan
gelding

Um, yeah, when there's three people on a boat in the ocean (four including the captain), and everyone's loaded, and one ends up overboard in the middle of the night, the others would certainly be questioned.

As for the captain's change of tune 30 yrs later - he's selling a book. Mission accomplished!

Edit: What difference does the woman hearing the "help me, I'm drowning" screams make? Whether she slipped or was dumped, wouldn't she be yelling the same thing?

Last edited by FantasticDan; 11-21-2011 at 03:49 PM.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
DJofSD
Screw PC

There are too many details not available to be able to say anything about the circumstances of the screams.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Um, yeah, when there's three people on a boat in the ocean (four including the captain), and everyone's loaded, and one ends up overboard in the middle of the night, the others would certainly be questioned.

As for the captain's change of tune 30 yrs later - he's selling a book. Mission accomplished!

Edit: What difference does the woman hearing the "help me, I'm drowning" screams make? Whether she slipped or was dumped, wouldn't she be yelling the same thing?
If she hit her head, like Wagner claims, before she hit the water, she might not have been able to scream.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
lamboguy

instead of chasing down alqaeda, they are going to make the lawyers rich.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
ArlJim78

Quote:

bingo! All good points.
Once I see a book promotion that tells me everything I need to know.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
GameTheory

People who are actually drowning don't make a sound -- they are sort of paralyzed (remember that when around children in water). If someone is thrashing around and screaming, they are still "swimming" at that point. Not that it matters too much to this story, as apparently Natalie Wood was afraid of water and surely would have been freaking out when she fell over (if she was conscious).
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
bigmack

There are 41 unsolved homicides per square mile in South L.A., and they need to dredge-up this 3 decades old case

It's been my experience, you get a boatload of booze with one couple and one friend, something odd is going to happen.

On a side note, I dug that last movie they made; Brainstorm.

[YT="NW"]VardFGDZPu4[/YT]
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2011, 01:15 AM   #10
toetoe
Veteran

Quote:

Not necessarily. (:Monty Python voice.)

Remember the one remotely funny Tom Smothers bit ? He fell into a vat of chocolate. He yelled, "FIRE !" Why ? No one would respond to "CHOCOLATE !"
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #11
toetoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack

...you get a boatload of booze with one couple and one friend ... Brainstorm.

[YT="NW"]VardFGDZPu4[/YT]

Don't forget the helmsman, little buddy. Any footage of 'Bob 'n' Carol 'n' Bruce 'n' Skipper' ?
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #12
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toetoe
Don't forget the helmsman, little buddy. Any footage of 'Bob 'n' Carol 'n' Bruce 'n' Skipper' ?
TCM just air B & C & T & A this last weekend.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
The Judge

Boat Exhaust

I remember a big deal being made around that time about someone drowning under similar circumstances on the same type of boat. It was blamed on the exhaust from the boat itself.

It had to do with the placement of the swim platform/ ladder, to close to the exhaust, so when the swimmer came up to get on the platform they breathed the exhaust if the boat motor was on causing them to become unconscious and drown.

I don't remember if this happened in the Wood incident or if it was a different happening all together.

This is from Wikipedia:

Carbon monoxide
In the early 2000s, several high-profile deaths due to carbon monoxide poisoning (CO) led to increased scrutiny of boating habits (especially the practice of towing participants immediately behind a boat, known as "teak surfing" or "platform towing") and the implementation of various warning placards to educate boaters of the hazards arising from these activities. Other CO-related deaths were attributed to high concentrations of CO gas from houseboat generator exhaust, where swimmers were able to access an area near the stern of the boats that collected the exhaust. This has led to improved pollution controls on modern generator sets, and changes in the designs of houseboats so that they discharge exhaust gases in a way that they can dissipate. The increased use of CO detectors, especially in boats with enclosed accommodation spaces, and a proper assessment of boat manufacturers, would help reduce the risk of CO poisonin
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #14
davew

still working on this 38 year old case - Wagner is a 'person of interest'

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...164156128.html
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 04:01 PM   #15
thaskalos

They better hurry. Wagner is 87 years old.