Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:46 PM   #436
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
whats the difference though? Who cares if they're broadcasting, it doesn't affect you, why do you care?
Come on this argument has been had a billion times here alone and the fact of it is you have people that get down to telling you it just isn't natural and happen to be the same people that would rush to get their rifle and phone, in that order, to call the cops - and not because they just feel obligated to report a possible crime - if they saw a guy walking down the road au natural.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2017, 11:09 PM   #437
magwell

People Handicapping at the window close to post time, I may have said that before, but it happened big time today at GP....... seems like that only happens when you would have cashed.....
Old 01-04-2017, 11:11 PM   #438
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
People Handicapping at the window close to post time, I may have said that before, but it happened big time today at GP....... seems like that only happens when you would have cashed.....
Even more irritating is when it's GAY people handicapping at the windows.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2017, 11:22 PM   #439
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
Even more irritating is when it's GAY people handicapping at the windows.
But they bet a straight exacta...so confusing....
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 12:02 AM   #440
porchy44

Quote:

And to top it off they usually "fumble around" finding their money when they finally make their bet.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 04:02 AM   #441
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Seems like the smaller voucher they have, the more time they take (Sam machine) getting behind the guy with the 500 voucher is usually quicker than behind the person w the 2.40 voucher.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2017, 11:25 AM   #442
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
Seems like the smaller voucher they have, the more time they take (Sam machine) getting behind the guy with the 500 voucher is usually quicker than behind the person w the 2.40 voucher.
Most of my non TVG gambling was usually at the same OTB in San Bernadino when I lived in Riverside California. There were a lot of regulars there especially during the week. I quickly learned who not to get behind at the self serve machines.

Their was one elderly guy who had very thick glasses and and still had very poor vision. He would practically press his nose on the screen while making his bets. I think he just played jockeys, but he seemed to play multiple exactas and trifecta combinations. He seemed to do his handicapping at the window and would also hold up a magnifying glass to look at his program. He honestly would take 10 minutes+ at the machine every time.
There were only two side by side self serve machines in the area I hung out in. If the elderly poor sighted guy was on one he would have no one behind him and the line next to him would be ten deep. Once in a while
a newbie would strangely look at the long line and get behind the slow guy.
The guy that was ten deep in the other line when he arrived would beat him to the window 90% of the time. It was really comical when he would be there on an event like derby day when it was full of strangers that didn't
know about the guy and would line up behind him. You would not believe people that would make nasty comments to a frail elderly man. Security usually watched out for him if not a regular would.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #443
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Sorry to bump. But this is driving me nuts!

People who start every damn sentence with the word SO.....
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 08:33 AM   #444
woodtoo

And end a sentence with " you know " ...when I have no idea.
woodtoo is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 08:37 AM   #445
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
Sorry to bump. But this is driving me nuts!

People who start every damn sentence with the word SO.....
So, what's your point? (You knew that was coming)

And may I add while we're walking down the same semantic boulevard, people who use the word "goes", in place of the word "said". (And then he goes "What made you do that?" , then I goes, "I thought it was a good idea at the time".)

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #446
johnhannibalsmith

I'm sure that this literally does not need to be said but I am literally about to eat my own ears from literally hearing the literal abuse of the word 'literally' literally a trillion times literally in an hour.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #447
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Another one... I had a good time ."It was so fun".

So fun ?

I call this "lazy talk ".

So, like, it was so fun, you know ? Lazy talk.

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 02-01-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #448
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So, literally, this thread has been so fun!
Old 02-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #449
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

I travel and get picked up at the airport several times a year. I also pick other folks up about a dozen times in addition to my own personal travel.

I bugs me greatly that selfish people clog up and significantly slow down terminal traffic by parking/waiting outside baggage claim when the person they are there to pick up is not even there yet, and might not even be out in another 10+ minutes.

The concept of Cell Phone Waiting Lots works very well. They are free and usually have ample parking. Wait in that lot and have the person you are picking up call you WHEN they ready and physically standing at the pickup area. It then only takes about 5 minutes or less (from the airports I frequent) to reach them for loading into the car. Things go much quicker and smoother when everyone works together.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #450
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
I travel and get picked up at the airport several times a year. I also pick other folks up about a dozen times in addition to my own personal travel.

I bugs me greatly that selfish people clog up and significantly slow down terminal traffic by parking/waiting outside baggage claim when the person they are there to pick up is not even there yet, and might not even be out in another 10+ minutes.

The concept of Cell Phone Waiting Lots works very well. They are free and usually have ample parking. Wait in that lot and have the person you are picking up call you WHEN they ready and physically standing at the pickup area. It then only takes about 5 minutes or less (from the airports I frequent) to reach them for loading into the car. Things go much quicker and smoother when everyone works together.

Any airport I have been to which is only a half dozen or so would not allow anyone to be in the loading\unloading area parked unless they were doing just that. Whenever I picked anyone up I just made laps around the airport until they showed up.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: