Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #8551
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Thursday, January 7, 2021

274,000 cases

4100 deaths
for Friday, January 8, 2021 (if my mother was alive today, she would have her 100th birthday)

302,000 cases

3900 deaths
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 01:01 PM   #8552
lamboguy

the original plan with the pfise and moderna corona vaccinations were to send 2 shots for the people getting them, give the first shot and then give the second within 3 weeks later as a booster shot. they now are deciding to just give as many people the first shot with the ones that they are holding in reserve. when they were doing the polio vaccine they also kept the booster shot in reserve.

to me it looks like there is a panic to get these shots in peoples arms. someone must know something to do this. the numbers have been looking pretty bad lately and they are going to get worse.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:45 PM   #8553
lamboguy

Quote:
for Friday, January 8, 2021 (if my mother was alive today, she would have her 100th birthday)

302,000 cases

3900 deaths
for Saturday, January 9, 2020

250,000 cases

3200 deaths
Old 01-09-2021, 11:56 PM   #8554
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
If you're asymptomatic, your actions may end up killing others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...omatic-spread/

"People with no symptoms transmit more than half of all cases of the novel coronavirus, according to a model developed by researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Their findings reinforce the importance of following the agency’s guidelines: Regardless of whether you feel ill, wear a mask, wash your hands, stay socially distant and get a coronavirus test. That advice has been a constant refrain in a pandemic responsible for more than 350,000 deaths in the United States.

Fifty-nine percent of all transmission came from people without symptoms, under the model’s baseline scenario. That includes 35 percent of new cases from people who infect others before they show symptoms and 24 percent that come from people who never develop symptoms at all."
Just so we are clear, that’s a model, a prediction. Not any actual data.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 12:00 AM   #8555
Rex Phinney

Quote:
the original plan with the pfise and moderna corona vaccinations were to send 2 shots for the people getting them, give the first shot and then give the second within 3 weeks later as a booster shot. they now are deciding to just give as many people the first shot with the ones that they are holding in reserve. when they were doing the polio vaccine they also kept the booster shot in reserve.

to me it looks like there is a panic to get these shots in peoples arms. someone must know something to do this. the numbers have been looking pretty bad lately and they are going to get worse.
The vaccine needs both shots to work.

They can’t even get eligible people to take this vaccine. The only way they are going to hit the numbers they are hoping for is to strap people down against their will and force it on them. (Not that I’m saying they won’t do it)
Old 01-10-2021, 12:13 AM   #8556
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
The vaccine needs both shots to work.

They can’t even get eligible people to take this vaccine. The only way they are going to hit the numbers they are hoping for is to strap people down against their will and force it on them. (Not that I’m saying they won’t do it)
they estimate single shot at 50% and with booster than 95%

most states are limiting now who is eligible to take it, there are more people that want the shots than they have shots, just most are down on the list and not eligible yet
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 12:18 AM   #8557
ElKabong

Quote:

250,000 cases

3200 deaths
Since you're keeping track of this, how many flu deaths have occurred in 2020 vs 2019 and 2018. Honest question. I'll hang and listen to your answer
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 12:47 AM   #8558
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
they estimate single shot at 50% and with booster than 95%

most states are limiting now who is eligible to take it, there are more people that want the shots than they have shots, just most are down on the list and not eligible yet
Medical workers being offered the shots are refusing them. Of course anyone still capable of thinking for themselves might take that too mean the medical staff aren’t very scared of COVID. I mean if it was some sort of man eating killer these people would certainly be the ones to know.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...a6cfafe383f6af
Old 01-10-2021, 09:57 PM   #8559
lamboguy

Quote:

250,000 cases

3200 deaths
for Sunday, January 10, 2021

213,000 cases

1800 deaths
Old 01-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #8560
baconswitchfarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Since you're keeping track of this, how many flu deaths have occurred in 2020 vs 2019 and 2018. Honest question. I'll hang and listen to your answer
He should be able to list it week by week. The good news is that corona has killed off influenza a and b which the great fauci could never accomplish before.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2021, 06:36 AM   #8561
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm View Post
He should be able to list it week by week. The good news is that corona has killed off influenza a and b which the great fauci could never accomplish before.
As well as cancer and heart disease. If we could just get a vaccine for suicide and drug overdoses we’d be set.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2021, 09:01 AM   #8562
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm View Post
i read an article somewhere that hospitalization in Florida has not gone up year to year even though the corona cases are way up. the article came from a media outlet called Blaze. i didn't post it because i know nothing abut Blaze and couldn't confirm what the article said. i know that the corona hospitals in Mass. are full and the governor is looking for other places to treat those that got infected with it. i was wondering if the colder weather up here had something to do with the number of people in the hospitals.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:25 AM   #8563
davew

The Blaze was started by Glenn Beck

I heard that the virus is killing one sex much more than another for those under 70 years of age. Almost a 2/1 or 65% deaths of this sex .... I was looking on CDC site, but did not want to download their spreadsheet with 13K+ lines.

One of the reasons hospital beds are full at some places are that some infected hospitalized are there longer than 3 weeks.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2021, 10:59 AM   #8564
tucker6

One of our employees got covid and on Saturday went to hospital because her asthma was acting up and her potassium was very low. So here we have a positive and still infectious covid patient being given an ER bed at a hospital. That's not unusual. What is unusual is that she shared a room for five hours with a non-covid patient. Hospital knew it and didn't care.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #8565
MargieRose

Cuomo's rigid COVID-19 vaccine rollout in New York results in 66% unused and expired doses thrown out

Quote:
The strict guidelines of who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 shot has caused vaccines to sit in freezers and not be used. In New York City, only 167,949 of 489,325 doses have been administered, which means that 66% are currently unused, according to the report. In New York state, roughly 50% of vaccines have been used thus far.

The coronavirus vaccine was first available in mid-December, and as of Jan. 1, "about 88,140 people had received the first of two doses, the equivalent of about 1 percent of the city's population," the New York Times reported.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply