Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-24-2017, 07:19 PM   #46
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
When he first came in the league, I thought he was the real deal and going to be one of the elite players of the game. Maybe injuries have something to do with it, but clearly his head is not screwed on straight - and that pretty much makes him useless in the NFL.
Injuries had nothing to do with his downfall, he has a laundry list of deficiencies that he never improved on and as they do defensive coordinators exposed him. His two biggest flaws, he has no pocket presence and poor field vision. He flees the pocket prematurely and stares down receivers.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #47
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

The real problem is...., we are making this a problem.

Should he stand? Absolutely. Does it "offend" me if he kneels. Sure. But he can express himself in any way he sees fit as long as he doesn't break any of our laws.

And while doing so, he can live with the consequences of his actions which means he isn't good enough for the baggage he will bring to any team. Even the Browns.

As for the protestors? Oy vey.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #48
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

And Oh by the way, who on here gives the finger to their country while on the job, while also embarrassing their company, and expects to keep their job?

All this for a guy (that was) making a salary greater than 90% of CEO's across the country as a backup QB for one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Anyway. His skills could kill it in the CFL.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2017, 06:24 PM   #49
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

One of the Bill's on TV this week commented on the spineless wonder - "he is just not that good."

I would love to see him play again - and get hurt so bad he can't stand up for anything.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:37 PM   #50
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
One of the Bill's on TV this week commented on the spineless wonder - "he is just not that good."

I would love to see him play again - and get hurt so bad he can't stand up for anything.

LeSean McCoy of all people said this week Kapernick wasn't worth the issues he'd bring to a team. I get the idea Kapernick needs an audience more than a paycheck. Either way, good luck to ya
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 06:35 AM   #51
dkithore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
The NFL doesn't exist without those who've served and protected our country. If paying respect to that sacrifice by standing for the anthem doesn't suit you, I suggest a mandated trip to Arlington cemetery for those who don't wish to stand. If you refuse to go to Arlington, then you're suspended indefinitely until you do. If you do go, and you still refuse to honor their sacrifice, then you just don't understand the meaning and purpose of why you've been blessed to live in a country where someone else put their lives on the line for YOUR freedom, thus making $millions playing in the NFL....Go be a rebel in the Canadian Football League, I'm sure they'd love you there...

The NFL is taking a public relations BEATING on this issue, they couldn't have handled it any worse.....Goodell is the worst Comish of any sport in my lifetime.
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #52
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkithore View Post
+

Many of the fans in the seats who paid ridiculous ticket prices to get in were those who put their lives on the line so this bunch of over-paid POS can insult them.

The NFL and everyone in it is a disgrace to this country.
What this collection of losers gets paid is sickening.
Feds should be taxing them 95%
Old 08-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #53
eldee wins

If you don't stand don't play!

Do what jerry jones said, the owner of the cowboys. You don't stand, you don't play. This was also said by hockey coach John tortarella! My personal feelings are, we are all Americans. People who come to this country and some people born in this country want to change everything. From no Christmas trees, tearing down statues, which remind us of history right or wrong. What bathroom to use. And standing for the flag. People, especially athletes that kneel and disrespect the flag. They are paid millions to play a game, a game! Military and first responders that protect us every day and those who lost their life's protecting the weak and innocent. They don't make that kind of money that athletes make. Especially putting Their life on the line every day. Most of this work hard everyday and want to watch a game, a game. Not political statement or any other kind of protest. These athletes, if you want to make a statement do it on your on time. I repeat on your on time! We the fans are paying their Salarys! Let them switch salarys with the people they are disrespecting, especially the people who were killed in action! Their families and especially the children could use it. STOP THE BULLSHIT! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
eldee wins is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #54
eldee wins

👍👍👍👍👍
eldee wins is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #55
delayjf

Quote:
just that he has the right to protest.
True enough, but people have the right to use the N word if they choose. But, you had better be prepared for the consequences of your act. Kaepernick made his stand, and it will likely cost him his career in the NFL - There is nothing wrong with that. Just think of the pride that will be his, knowing he gave up his NFL career in the fight for racial equality.

Enjoy the football game and take note of its advertisers and let the NFL know you will be boycotting those companies and their products.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 04:32 PM   #56
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
True enough, but people have the right to use the N word if they choose. But, you had better be prepared for the consequences of your act. Kaepernick made his stand, and it will likely cost him his career in the NFL - There is nothing wrong with that. Just think of the pride that will be his, knowing he gave up his NFL career in the fight for racial equality.

Enjoy the football game and take note of its advertisers and let the NFL know you will be boycotting those companies and their products.
Love that second paragraph. People do that, changes start to happen.... Changes, for the good.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2017, 09:11 AM   #57
jimmyb

A letter by Col. Jeffery Powers to the Commissioner of the National Football League about football players kneeling during "The Star-Spangled Banner" is genuine.

http://www.snopes.com/retired-marine-open-letter-nfl/
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #58
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldee wins View Post
Do what jerry jones said, the owner of the cowboys. You don't stand, you don't play.
Jones feels strongly that players should stand, but he never threatened players with loss of playing team or expulsion from the team..

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...ational-anthem
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2017, 11:26 AM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Apologize if this was mentioned already but how about if the media stopped reporting on people kneeling during the anthem?

I respect the players right to do so, even though I disagree, but the only reason it's a big deal is because the media keeps bringing it up.

Treat it like when a fan runs on the field. They don't show it because they don't want to give the people more attention.
I feel the same way about these dopey white supremacist rallies...for years the media paid little to no attention to them...never asked presidents to "disavow" each and every gathering...

But you're not objective, so I know you can't even begin to see the parallels...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #60
MutuelClerk

Players in the NFL have killed, raped, beaten people and they get to play. I also disagree with the Kaepernick stance but in the big picture of things. His crime against humanity isn't near as bad. Misguided? Sure. Too many people judging this wrap themselves in the flag and bible and play the card for their convenience.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: