Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 06-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #1006
ldiatone

LAS VEGAS -- Vegas Golden Knights general manager George McPhee said he had at least six trades lined up before the NHL Expansion Draft and continued to talk to a few other GMs on Tuesday.

McPhee said Monday would be the last day he would discuss trades ahead of the expansion draft and the Golden Knights would pick their team Tuesday. They must submit their list by 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday. It will be unveiled during the 2017 NHL Awards and NHL Expansion Draft presented by T-Mobile in Las Vegas on Wednesday (8 p.m. ET; NBCSN, SN).

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #1007
HoofedInTheChest

George McPhee: "We're going to have to move some defensemen because we're going to claim a bunch."

He confirmed that some of the picks that are going to be announced are going to be traded the next day.

Something tells me that i’m going to be in a good mood this weekend...... Giggity Giggity Goo!
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #1008
HoofedInTheChest

Not really diggin the new Uni's.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #1009
HoofedInTheChest

Spoiler Alert

Anaheim Ducks: Vegas will pick up the contract of defenceman Clayton Stoner instead of selecting defenseman Josh Manson or Sami Vatanen in the expansion draft. In exchange, Anaheim will trade defenseman Shea Theodore to Vegas.

Boston Bruins: The Golden Knights will select defenceman Colin Miller in the draft. Will be traded to Toronto the following day.

Calgary Flames: Vegas is expected to take pending UFA defenceman Deryk Engelland in the draft.

Chicago Blackhawks: The original rumour involved Vegas selecting center Marcus Kruger and Chicago trading back defenceman Trevor van Riemsdyk along with other assets. There are now conflicting reports on whether Kruger will indeed be going to Vegas.

Columbus Blue Jackets: Vegas will not take Josh Anderson, Joonas Korpisalo, or Jack Johnson and will instead pick up David Clarkson’s contract in exchange for the Blue Jackets’ 2017 first round pick and a prospect. Vegas is expected to select center William Karlsson in the draft.

Dallas Stars: The Stars anticipate losing forward Cody Eakin to Vegas in the draft.

Detroit Red Wings: Centerman Tomas Nosek will likely be selected by Vegas in the draft.

Edmonton Oilers: Vegas will select defenceman Griffin Reinhart in the draft.

Florida Panthers: The Panthers anticipate losing 30-goal scorer Jonathan Marchessault to Vegas in the draft.

Los Angeles Kings: The Kings expect to lose defenseman Brayden McNabb in the draft.

Minnesota Wild: Vegas will select RFA forward Eric Haula instead of defenseman Matt Dumba and Marco Scandella or centerman Eric Staal. In exchange, Minnesota will trade Alex Tuch to Vegas.

Montreal Canadiens: The Canadiens expect to lose defenceman Alexei Emelin to Vegas.

Nashville Predators: The Predators anticipate losing forward James Neal to Vegas with no side deal arranged.

New York Islanders: The Islanders will trade Vegas a first round pick and the contract of Mikhail Grabovski, while Vegas will select goaltender JF Berube in the draft; thus steering clear of Ryan Strome, Brock Nelson and Calvin de Haan.

New York Rangers: Vegas has not selected goaltender Antti Raanta in the draft. Vegas is taking centerman Oscar Lindberg in the draft.

Ottawa Senators: The Senators were not able to strike a deal and will lose Marc Methot to Vegas. Vegas is expected to flip Methot to another team, although no trades will be announced until tomorrow. Methot has a 10-team No-Trade list. Toronto and Montreal are on that list.

Philadelphia Flyers: Vegas is expected to select forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare from the Flyers in the draft.

Pittsburgh Penguins: The Penguins will send Vegas a draft pick to ensure they select goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury. Vegas is expected to keep Fleury.

St. Louis Blues: The Blues expect to lose forward David Perron to Vegas in the draft with no side deal arranged.

Tampa Bay Lightning: Vegas will select defenceman Jason Garrison with a side deal to be determined.

Toronto Maple Leafs: According to Darren Dreger, the Leafs will likely lose winger Brendan Leipsic to Vegas.

Vegas Golden Knights: On top of all the other activity listed here, Vegas has selected a few UFAs (one is Calgary defenceman Deryk Engelland) and is undergoing contract negotiations with them, as well as a couple of RFAs (one is Minnesota’s Erik Haula).

Winnipeg Jets: The Jets will trade Vegas an asset to steer clear of defenceman Tobias Enstrom.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #1010
Greyfox

I hope that you're right about the Edmonton Oilers losing Reinhart.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 06:39 PM   #1011
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
Spoiler Alert

Anaheim Ducks: Vegas will pick up the contract of defenceman Clayton Stoner instead of selecting defenseman Josh Manson or Sami Vatanen in the expansion draft. In exchange, Anaheim will trade defenseman Shea Theodore to Vegas.

Boston Bruins: The Golden Knights will select defenceman Colin Miller in the draft. Will be traded to Toronto the following day.

Calgary Flames: Vegas is expected to take pending UFA defenceman Deryk Engelland in the draft.
No Capitals?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 06:49 PM   #1012
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
No Capitals?
I haven't read anything about the Caps, Canucks and few other teams, they're pretty tight lipped i guess. I'm not sure how reliable all of this is, but this came from respectable media members.

We will know for certain in a few hours.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #1013
HoofedInTheChest

Spoke too soon, this was just released....

Washington Capitals: Vegas is expected to select defenceman Nate Schmidt in the draft over goaltender Philip Grubauer.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #1014
MutuelClerk

When it comes to free agency I think the price will go down on players who in the past have been overpaid just because they were free agents. You can trade with Vegas, lose a pick or two for a contract you consider reasonable and not overpay July 1st when free agency begins.

After seeing the list I thought the Leafs would lose Brendan Leipsic. Can't believe the Knights aren't taking Mrazek or Grubauer. Schmidt maybe, he can be dealt. Tomas Nosek was already released by the Wings once. Why him over in my mind a talented young goalie??
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #1015
HoofedInTheChest

Let the fun begin...

The Vegas Golden Knights have traded Trevor van Riemsdyk and a 7th round pick (2018) to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for a second round pick (2017 Pens Pick) 62nd overall.

The Edmonton Oilers traded winger Jordan Eberle to the New York Islanders in exchange for forward Ryan Strome.

The Vegas Golden Knights have traded defenseman David Schlemko to the Montreal Canadiens for a 2019 fifth-round pick.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:03 PM   #1016
HoofedInTheChest

Did the eastern scribes just vote in a player from the west for the Hart Trophy?

Shocked i tell ya!

Good on Connor, well deserved.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #1017
Greyfox

Quote:

The Edmonton Oilers traded winger Jordan Eberle to the New York Islanders in exchange for forward Ryan Strome.
When he was younger Jordan was good enough to attract a $6 million/yr contract.
This year? He just couldn't go into tight spaces to light up the lamp.
In playoffs he was next to useless.
Hopefully getting rid of that contract allows Edmonton cap room as McDavid and Dreiseitl (?) are going to require larger contracts in the next two years.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #1018
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Hopefully getting rid of that contract allows Edmonton cap room as McDavid and Dreiseitl (?) are going to require larger contracts in the next two years.
Aren’t they re-signing both of them this summer? I thought i heard that Connor is getting the mucho contract this summer?
Old 06-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #1019
Greyfox

Quote:
Aren’t they re-signing both of them this summer? I thought i heard that Connor is getting the mucho contract this summer?
Leon has to sign a new contract this year.
Connor has one year to go on his entry, but Chiarelli wants his ducks in a row a year beforehand so he's working on whatever massive contract it will be well in advance.
When he knows Connor's contract, he can then offer Leon a larger contract that he deserves.
He's said Connor's contract has first priority and then Leon's.
When he gets those done he'll know what he can and cannot do with other contracts.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #1020
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Leon has to sign a new contract this year.
Connor has one year to go on his entry, but Chiarelli wants his ducks in a row a year beforehand so he's working on whatever massive contract it will be well in advance.
When he knows Connor's contract, he can then offer Leon a larger contract that he deserves.
He's said Connor's contract has first priority and then Leon's.
When he gets those done he'll know what he can and cannot do with other contracts.
You better hope that Connor doesn’t take a max deal, and handcuffs your ability to build a team around him, you don’t want to end up like Chicago.

If you really want a Cup, you have to take less money than you deserve.

I really wish we played under a soft cap, they way it stands now, you can’t keep a team together for more than a few years. I’m tired of propping up these American teams that can’t turn a profit.

I heard something interesting the other day, the 7 Canadian teams account for 43% of the league's revenue, that’s brutal.