Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 06-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #961
ldiatone

this vid is about the playoffs 2017

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2017, 04:34 PM   #962
HoofedInTheChest

Bruce Arthur explains that on the ice after winning the Stanley Cup, Evgeni Malkin told him to watch out for the Maple Leafs and Oilers moving forward because they have the two best players of their generation.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #963
HoofedInTheChest

Team USA will be sporting Buffalo Bills jersey’s when they play Canada in the first ever outdoor game at the World Juniors in Buffalo next December.

As a Canada fan, I love it though. Dress Team USA up like perennial losers, yes, excellent!

The cheapest package for the tournament is $690 US (nice) per ticket. That’s $911.61 CDN. Per seat. Now it was expensive in Toronto and Montreal as well, and no one let them off the hook, but this is getting ridiculous. $1,000 per seat for the juniors? Yikes.

We saw the empty seats in Toronto and Montreal, and we’ll see them again in Buffalo.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #964
Greyfox

The average Joe Q. Public can't go to NHL games in Canada anymore unless they are treated by some corporation that they or their friends work for.
Junior Prices - $1000 is ridiculous!
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #965
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
The average Joe Q. Public can't go to NHL games in Canada anymore unless they are treated by some corporation that they or their friends work for.
Junior Prices - $1000 is ridiculous!
I wouldn’t pay $1K to watch the Leafs, let alone the juniors.

This is disgraceful.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #966
oughtoh

Those prices are ridiculous. The average person with a family can't go to games anymore.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #967
ldiatone

TSN’s insider Darren Dreger dropped a juicy bomb Thursday morning on Edmonton’s TSN 1260. According to him, Jim Rutherford could beluring former 1st round pick Alex Galchenyuk from the Montreal Canadiens.

Old 06-15-2017, 03:36 PM   #968
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
TSN’s insider Darren Dreger dropped a juicy bomb Thursday morning on Edmonton’s TSN 1260. According to him, Jim Rutherford could beluring former 1st round pick Alex Galchenyuk from the Montreal Canadiens.
Montreal would want a Centreman in return, who are you willing to give up?

Old 06-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #969
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
Montreal would want a Centreman in return, who are you willing to give up?

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/sta...33210435555331
not 87 or 71

Old 06-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #970
ldiatone

JASON MACKEY
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
jmackey@post-gazette.com
10:18 AM JUN 15, 2017
Marc-Andre Fleury fought back tears Thursday when he met with the Pittsburgh media for what will likely be the final time.

Locker cleanout day at PPG Paints Arena proved to be an emotional experience, and, no surprise, it centered around franchise’s longest-tenured player.

Before sitting at his stall to answer questions, Fleury had several emotional embraces with teammates — and probably countless others behind closed doors.

“It’s been such a long time,” Fleury said. “I’ve met a lot of good people. It feels like home to me.”

Old 06-15-2017, 04:12 PM   #971
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
JASON MACKEY
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
jmackey@post-gazette.com
10:18 AM JUN 15, 2017
Marc-Andre Fleury fought back tears Thursday when he met with the Pittsburgh media for what will likely be the final time.

Locker cleanout day at PPG Paints Arena proved to be an emotional experience, and, no surprise, it centered around franchise’s longest-tenured player.

Before sitting at his stall to answer questions, Fleury had several emotional embraces with teammates — and probably countless others behind closed doors.

“It’s been such a long time,” Fleury said. “I’ve met a lot of good people. It feels like home to me.”
He waived his NMC last February for one team and one team only.... Las Vegas Golden Knights.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #972
HoofedInTheChest

The Canadiens acquire Jonathan Drouin + a cond. 6th-round pick (2018) from TBL, in return for M. Sergachev + a cond. 2nd-round pick (2018).

Conditions....
If Sergachev plays 40 games next season (regular season or playoffs) for Tampa, there will be no picks exchanged.

I find it odd that Montreal used a high profile asset to acquire a Left-Winger, when they still have holes to fill at Centre and on D (with the loss of Sergachev).

It appears as though the Habs are not done, and will probably use Galchenyuk + picks to acquire a first or second line Centre, or possibly an upgrade on Defense.

Tampa's back end just got a lot better today.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #973
ldiatone

Quote:
The Canadiens acquire Jonathan Drouin + a cond. 6th-round pick (2018) from TBL, in return for M. Sergachev + a cond. 2nd-round pick (2018).

Conditions....
If Sergachev plays 40 games next season (regular season or playoffs) for Tampa, there will be no picks exchanged.

I find it odd that Montreal used a high profile asset to acquire a Left-Winger, when they still have holes to fill at Centre and on D (with the loss of Sergachev).

It appears as though the Habs are not done, and will probably use Galchenyuk + picks to acquire a first or second line Centre, or possibly an upgrade on Defense.

Tampa's back end just got a lot better today.
not to beat a dead horse...(hehehe) but mon trading subban to me was dumb. now they have to out and get a new d-man. may b from the pens?? but i dont know what d man pens would give up.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #974
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
not to beat a dead horse...(hehehe) but mon trading subban to me was dumb. now they have to out and get a new d-man. may b from the pens?? but i dont know what d man pens would give up.
You have nothing to offer as far as D-men are concerned. The Habs have 4 top D-men, after that it’s a steep drop-off on the depth chart, that’s why i find the trade bizarre, they created a hole. Tampa filled a need with the trade, Montreal did not.

You don’t like Shea Weber? You have to remember, Weber is a starter for Team Canada, while Subban watches from the press-box.... just sayin.

The Habs (as well as others) are targeting Jonas Brodin from Minnesota.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:09 AM   #975
ldiatone

Quote:
You have nothing to offer as far as D-men are concerned. The Habs have 4 top D-men, after that it’s a steep drop-off on the depth chart, that’s why i find the trade bizarre, they created a hole. Tampa filled a need with the trade, Montreal did not.

You don’t like Shea Weber? You have to remember, Weber is a starter for Team Canada, while Subban watches from the press-box.... just sayin.

The Habs (as well as others) are targeting Jonas Brodin from Minnesota.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: