Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-12-2022, 01:46 PM   #16
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
that fat useless turd tony ciulla was worse
Tonu killed horsess, Billy killed people. i suppose you are right, those people were mostly the bottom of the barrel type
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2022, 10:37 PM   #17
Brass Hat

He ran horses at Suffolk some time in the 2000's. Odd horses, I remember a few previously trained by Julio Canani and Todd Pletcher, coming off over a year layoffs. Wondered how he acquired these horses. One was an expensive horse that was briefly on the Derby track: maiden win, then the Remsen I think.

Once, after that period, we were driving back from a trip to Keeneland and decided to stop at Thistledown to add another track to the list. I was wearing a MassCap hat, and crossed paths with Sipp who was wearing the exact same hat.
Brass Hat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2022, 11:11 PM   #18
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Hat View Post
He ran horses at Suffolk s
. I was wearing a MassCap hat, and crossed paths with Sipp who was wearing the exact same hat.
Ha ha I like that story! I got a Suffolk story from today and it involves Steve Rushing , the jockey agent who took Jose Ortiz from Jimmy Riccio this week.

Todays finale Ortiz Jr on $30 winner ,

Theodora Grace
J: Irad Ortiz, Jr.
T: Robert Klesaris

Maggie Wolfendale interviewing Klesaris in winners curcle ask HOW DID IRAD end up on your horse? Klesaris says, oh I go way back with Steve Rushing , All the way back to Suffolk Downs when Rushing was an excerise rider for me in Boston... I put the Rushing onto Edgar Prado and he had Prados book for 6 years.

Suffolk Downs every where.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:09 AM   #19
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
He isn't a prince compared to anyone. He is evil to the core based on his long, sordid history.
I genuinely enjoy the Orioles fans hype. Baseball! I love it, Sox are brutal, but 3WS I'm set for life.

Not a fair comparison but are the Orioles requesting donations?

I am not responsible for, nor do I want to be over bothered with the industries aftercare problem.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:05 PM   #20
affirmedny

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac..._medium=social
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2022, 09:35 PM   #21
BarchCapper

For a guy who frequently runs 5-6 a week at Mountaineer, he only had one entry Sunday (drawn last Tuesday), and nothing there the rest of this week M-Tu-W (drawn W, F, Sa). Wonder if he's being quiet on his own or been asked to. He's got a pretty decent sized farm/facility a stone's throw from Mountaineer..
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2022, 06:56 PM   #22
Suff
Beat up 💪

Everybody Happy now

80 year old trainer viral on 🐴 twitter is some strange chit.

Fwiw, I went to his Zoo a couple of times. I forget if I slept on the grounds or a motel nearby. I went down with him , others, ride a long thing.

I barely knew him, but I saw him pour over animals. I mentioned previously he was comfortable with the innards of any creature in a Zoo.

I'm not advocating or endorse, my opinion & experience, not a demon.

Where did/do they get these animals? From Todd Pletcher , Shadwell? I'm for a clean game, but fukng Burton Sipp at 80 is theatre.

https://paulickreport.com/news/the-b...elty-to-horse/

Quote:

Ashiham, a son of Tapit, was an $800,000 yearling at the Keeneland September Yearling Sale in 2018, where he was purchased by Shadwell. Shadwell campaigned the chestnut for the first seven starts of his career, racing him at Gulfstream and Churchill before he broke his maiden in August 2020 at Saratoga. Ashiham did not register another race for nearly a year, when he returned to finish eighth in an allowance at Saratoga for Todd Pletcher and Shadwell in August 2021
Old 08-17-2022, 07:06 PM   #23
Suff
Beat up 💪

Change me

The petition credited with getting sipp suspended is 2 years old. ✅ It. True.

Keep it real.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:59 PM   #24
Suff
Beat up 💪

News Flash

I'm against Hisa.

HISA is a hot mess. End it now! I pray for mercy for those affected by this future catastrophe.

This is ARCI president/CEO Ed Martin, today, in Saratoga. This the commissioner of the State commissioners in all states.

Quote:

https://paulickreport.com/news/the-b...-days-of-hisa/

Martin said that while his organization, which is comprised of racing commissioners and staff, are supportive of HISA, they're not afraid to point out problems they see with its implementation so far.

“My members don't think this was the right way to go, but we're here now and they don't want this to turn into a mess,” he said.

Martin characterized the plaintiffs in the federal suits as desiring only correct execution of the Authority. For his part, he voiced concerns about transparency of the organization, which has been a touchy issue for him from the beginning. Martin said one RCI member asked to sit in on a meeting of the committee responsible for drafting the anti-doping and medication control rules, which will be going to the Federal Trade Commission this week for approval and should roll out Jan. 1. The member was told they could not attend. Martin also mentioned that some groups (though he did not specify who) had been required to sign non-disclosure agreements with the Authority prohibiting them from discussing their interactions with the Authority.

Additionally, Martin expressed frustration with the oft-cited timeline for the Authority's creation and implementation.

“What I do know in hindsight, because hindsight is always 20/20, is that the nominating committee wasted five months, five critical months, with a legislative deadline through a dog and pony show about a wonderful search to find the most qualified people [for the HISA boards],” said Martin. “Most of the people were already known. That could have been done in December and we could have had an executive director put in place.”

–Lazarus disagreed with some of Martin's points, and was quick to note that the Authority is in the process of overhauling its website to include some of the wish list items that were in Joe Gorajec's op/ed in the Paulick Report last week.

Last edited by Suff; 08-17-2022 at 10:04 PM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 06:49 AM   #25
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I'm with Suff.

rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2022, 11:49 AM   #26
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
I'm against Hisa.

HISA is a hot mess. End it now! I pray for mercy for those affected by this future catastrophe.
HISA is not going away. Even the Jockey's Guild in their press release admitted it. Four judges now have ruled there are no constitutionality issue.

Whatever your feelings are, at this point HISA is in effect and will continue to move forward. The draft list of controlled and banned medications was posted just this week and should be in effect in January, 2023

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...ing-medication
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2022, 12:10 PM   #27
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
HISA is not going away. Even the Jockey's Guild in their press release admitted it. Four judges now have ruled there are no constitutionality issue.

Whatever your feelings are, at this point HISA is in effect and will continue to move forward. The draft list of controlled and banned medications was posted just this week and should be in effect in January, 2023

Yes, I know there is no way to put this genie back in the bottle.

Part of me wants it. Change, any kind of change, is welcome.

My issue is that the bet sucks. You can't win. To hard.
And the rules for pari-mutuel horse betting are outdated and weighted against the bettor almost criminally.

I get frustrated watching the TV people who don't bet
They love horses.
They handicap only to be in the game and get paid to be around horses. They don't bet.
They don't care about 24% takeout , they could care less. In fact, they look at horse players as village idiots.

Last edited by Suff; 08-19-2022 at 12:12 PM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2022, 12:13 PM   #28
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post

Interesting to see the proposed threshold on Betamethasone as "0.2 ng/mL in Urine". The Medina Spirit positive was due to picograms in blood/serum.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: