Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-28-2022, 09:31 AM   #241
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
SS cards and green card #’s are linked to a data base. It makes no difference how well they are counterfeit. Any LE or employment agency or Human Resources dept. worth their salt can easily determine if someone’s papers are in order.

Illegals are working in this country because that’s what employers want. That’s why they are coming here.
I know plenty of people whose names and SS #s were used by criminals to get jobs, loans, government benefits and more. I suppose that the same thing can be done with green cards.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:45 PM   #242
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
SS cards and green card #’s are linked to a data base. It makes no difference how well they are counterfeit. Any LE or employment agency or Human Resources dept. worth their salt can easily determine if someone’s papers are in order.

Illegals are working in this country because that’s what employers want. That’s why they are coming here.
The only way to determine one's legal work status is by using E-Verify. E-Verify only matches social security numbers with identification or any other document that can be used legally to complete a I-9 from that every employer must use to hire someone.

If someone has stolen a social and ID of someone else they will pass E-Verify. Employers are not legally required to use E-Verify. Also, social security mismatch documents would be sent to employers in groves years back and we no longer see those being sent.

If we are going to keep with these open borders then we need to make it easier and legal for those coming here to work. The I-9 is an outdated document that requires what takes months and years for those wanting to work to do so legally. Some never apply for documents because they can find cash work. Many are very productive in the workforce.These jobs in the $15 to $19 range are virtually impossible to fill and drive the economy.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 06-28-2022 at 01:47 PM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 01:52 PM   #243
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

My payroll company does it for me. I’ve only had 2 kicked back in the last few years. They are getting thru
Old 06-28-2022, 03:21 PM   #244
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
My payroll company does it for me. I’ve only had 2 kicked back in the last few years. They are getting thru
It should be easy to determine whether SS #’s and identities are stolen.

But only if employment agencies and employers determine it’s of importance and national duty.

Again, illegals are being hired because that’s what employers want.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:24 PM   #245
Cuffdaddy

Quote:

But only if employment agencies and employers determine it’s of importance and national duty.

You state it is easy, that is not even a half truth.

The truth is the government benefits as all taxes are still paid but a return is never filed.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 06-28-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:29 PM   #246
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
You state it is easy, that is not even a half truth.
Excuse me?

Ask a prospective employee to list where they have lived in the last 5 years.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:34 PM   #247
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Excuse me?

Ask a prospective employee to list where they have lived in the last 5 years.
Previous address has zero bearing, even on a background check. If an employer is hiring hundreds of employees and their identification matches, they go the extra step and E-Verify why would they doubt it. The background comes back clear as well in these instances.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:40 PM   #248
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
Previous address has zero bearing, even on a background check. If an employer is hiring hundreds of employees and their identification matches, they go the extra step and E-Verify why would they doubt it. The background comes back clear as well in these instances.
What do you mean “zero bearing”?

A previous address can determine if someone’s identity is stolen. A test a greener from Mexico wouldn’t pass.

Look, these illegals are getting hired because the employer could care less.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:47 PM   #249
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
What do you mean “zero bearing”?

A previous address can determine if someone’s identity is stolen. A test a greener from Mexico wouldn’t pass.

Look, these illegals are getting hired because the employer could care less.
Let me explain, if someone presents fake identification it will never pass E-Verify. Employee is rejected, I assume that relates to your greener reference.

Now if a greener presents stolen identity, they now have all the information needed. Previous address and all! Now employee passes E-Verify and a criminal background check provided stolen person's identity is not a criminal.

Does that makes sense?
Old 06-28-2022, 10:20 PM   #250
davew

Quote:

employers DO NOT want to hire illegals, they want to hire people that will show up when they are supposed to, do what they are supposed to do, and get along with the others around.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 10:44 PM   #251
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
employers DO NOT want to hire illegals, they want to hire people that will show up when they are supposed to, do what they are supposed to do, and get along with the others around.
BS. Employers hold all the cards. It is precisely BECAUSE they are illegal that these employees show up on time and do whatever is asked of them. They either go along or get fired with zero recourse.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:57 PM   #252
davew

Quote:
BS. Employers hold all the cards. It is precisely BECAUSE they are illegal that these employees show up on time and do whatever is asked of them. They either go along or get fired with zero recourse.
dang, I need to join a (D) union where I do not have to show up or do what I am supposed to do. Is that like working for the government?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 11:28 PM   #253
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Keep up the bs, the opposite is true.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:51 AM   #254
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
How can I tell the illegals from the non illegals. If their docs pass muster…….I have no idea.

I’ve got sone employees that I am 90% sure are illegal, but they have docs.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:08 AM   #255
vegasone

Friend has a small shop with a couple of employees. One has all the paperwork needed. He probably wasn't going to do a full background check on someone not doing critical work.

Gets a notice one day on why is he paying SS tax on employee since he just retired a while ago. Employee disappears. Only fools think the system is foolproof, even if employers care. It would be just as easy to check if taxes paid are coming from separate areas, but the government doesn't care. These days everything is pretty much computerized and verifying things can be done at the back end if they cared.
vegasone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply