Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-16-2020, 09:34 PM   #1
TMQ
Longacres transplant

Derby Postponed

So much for the first Saturday in May..... The Kentucky Derby has been moved to Labor day weekend, Saturday September 5th
TMQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #2
TMQ
Longacres transplant

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...r-day-weekend/
Old 03-16-2020, 09:51 PM   #3
Bennie

I guess better late than never but the field will probably be nothing like we were expecting with the races already run. I can only guess they will honor tickets from the early pools as I believe according to Sportech all pari-mutual tickets shall expire 6 months from date of issue. At least that is what is printed on the back of the tickets. I also guess there won't be any horses training up to the Derby. They will all need to get a race or two under them before running in the Derby. All this is also pending on whether or not they can clear up everything and we can all get back to a "normal" life again.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 09:52 PM   #4
hopbet

DERBY POSTPONED

We are obviously in a "UNCHARTED SITUATION" , however the other gender in horse racing has a scheduled race the day before "KENTUCKY OAKS" , will that race remain on the same scheduled day or MOVED to Friday Sept 4.

HOPBET
hopbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 10:39 PM   #5
davew

will that make it the 3rd leg of the triple crown?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2020, 10:48 PM   #6
TMQ
Longacres transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopbet View Post
We are obviously in a "UNCHARTED SITUATION" , however the other gender in horse racing has a scheduled race the day before "KENTUCKY OAKS" , will that race remain on the same scheduled day or MOVED to Friday Sept 4.

HOPBET
Seems obvious it will also be moved. In guessing Churchill won't even open for their scheduled meet.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:20 AM   #7
boys at tosconova

september derby and thanksgiving belmont...one time!!
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:08 AM   #8
capitalman

How do the holders of Derby Futures bets feel right now? They should refund every one of them immediately. PS: I don't have any but I wouldn't be very happy if I did, since a 4 month postponement changes everything.
capitalman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #9
Fred Mertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalman View Post
How do the holders of Derby Futures bets feel right now?

Like a lollipop. It's a sucker bet and I put up $20 on Dennis' Loser. My ticket is on the fridge, so I'll wait and see.

As a side note, I gave a service station worker an exacta winning ticket because she's nice to me. This was back in November. Well, she's not a track goer and she never cashed it. I saw her a few weeks ago and told her I'd cash her ticket for her as I was traveling to Louisville to see gf.

The ticket was folded and man-handled by the woman with fraying around the edges. I was afraid to unfold it myself. She told me it had been through the washing machine once. I took it to Churchill and gave it to a pari-mutuel clerk. She passed it to the back room to about 3 different technicians. I swear there was nothing to be seen with the naked eye on it. She asked my permission to heat it up with the understanding it might catch fire. Sure, I said as I had $4 in the ticket.

After 20 minutes they solved the dilemma. I got my $56.20 winnings and passed them to the clerk lady on the way home. Happy ending.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:51 AM   #10
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I played the first two pools for the first time in a while, and I think they have to make it a no-contest and refund all bets. To the extent we're handicapping those things (and not taking wild-ass hunch chances), we're handicapping the racing schedule as it approaches May 2, and not trying to decide who might have a late-developing or solid year-long 3yo season, or which tracks will have cancelled significant prep races.

Or that the Ohio, Indiana, and West Virginia Derbies suddenly became more important.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 11:20 AM   #11
f2tornado

The Future pool rules dictate if the race is not run then wagers are refunded. What is less clear is if a refund be offered if run at a later date. I'm content with my existing plays but would have played a lot differently in Pool 2 and 3 if I knew the race would be delayed four months.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 11:26 AM   #12
Secondbest

This could ruin the Travers. Travers scheduled for August 29th. A week before.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 12:29 PM   #13
Hoops McCann

it's fate. Charlatan wins the 2020 Derby.
Hoops McCann is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 07:59 PM   #14
deelo

"All Others" might be absolutely hammered in Pool 4?