Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
BetHorses!

My NFL Plays Week 1 (0-0 YTD)

Last year finished 37-32-3 here. I'll be posting games for $100-$200 and $300 with Pinny Lines. Dime bettors just multiply by 10. No write ups, all games played are due to an edge in my line versus "their" line.

Browns -3 (-119) Risking $238 - to win $200

Bears -3.5 (-101) $101 - $100

Bills +10 (-108) $108 - $100

Giants +3 (-102) $102 - $100
Old 09-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
skate
s.e. pa.

BH;

what's the Pinny line?

good luck, i'll be watching.
skate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate
BH;

what's the Pinny line?

good luck, i'll be watching.

Sorry, its lines that are available at Pinnacle Sports at the time I post the plays.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #4
BetHorses!

RECAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetHorses!
Browns -3 (-119) Risking $238 - to win $200

Bears -3.5 (-101) $101 - $100

Bills +10 (-108) $108 - $100

Giants +3 (-102) $102 - $100

2-2 losing $140 --- Giants and Browns disappoint
Old 09-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #5
Valuist

You were in a position for a Giants cover until Eli throws that pick.

Saints could be an interesting team. They basically had 16 road games last year, a lame duck coach and a team that was in total disarray. Bring in Reggie Bush, replace Aaron Brooks with Drew Brees and you definitely have an improved team.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #6
JPinMaryland

interesting comment from Valuist. I think I was simply going to write them off as terrible but if you think about it there are a lot of reasons for what happened to them last year. Perhaps the prognosticators were equally willing to write them off this year? I know I saw a number of pundits that say they are not much better than last years record, but hmmm...

Not entirely sold on Reggie Bush although I did see a run or two in the pre season that was outstanding. Didnt he have a couple of turnovers as well? I am leery of smallish RBs making it big on the next level. Can be good, but not likely to duplicate success in colllege.

I would have thought the Dolphins would have been a good pick as an underdog on thurs. Steelers have traditionally not done well as favorites. I'm talking like the last 15 or 20 years it seems everytime they are written off they come back and win and everytime it looks like they've finally put all the pieces together they disappoint. that plus hamstring injury on Ward; plus Batch didnt seem like a serviceable QB any more...etc.

Batch did a nice job, a couple of bad balls, but mostly pretty good. Parker looks like he can carry 20 times a game, he's not great though.
JPinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #7
ghostyapper

It was the bogus offensive pass interference call rather than the eli pick that cost the giants a cover and probably a win.

I think reggie bush will have over 2000 total yards as a rookie. He didn't break any long td's yesterday and still had 140 yards. Brees loves throwing to his rb's and bush might even be a better receiver than tomlinson was.

I really though the pack would play a much closer game against the bears. The over on arizona/49ers was the easiest bet I made in years. The over on seattle detroit screwed me though.
ghostyapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2006, 08:13 AM   #8
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyapper
It was the bogus offensive pass interference call rather than the eli pick that cost the giants a cover and probably a win.
Yes. I agree
Old 09-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #9
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Saints could be an interesting team. They basically had 16 road games last year, a lame duck coach and a team that was in total disarray. Bring in Reggie Bush, replace Aaron Brooks with Drew Brees and you definitely have an improved team.
Yes. I almost pulled the trigger on the Futures bet (OVER 7) we talked about, looks like they got one of their three Road wins I was looking for.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:21 AM   #10
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPinMaryland
interesting comment from Valuist. I think I was simply going to write them off as terrible but if you think about it there are a lot of reasons for what happened to them last year. Perhaps the prognosticators were equally willing to write them off this year? I know I saw a number of pundits that say they are not much better than last years record, but hmmm...

Not entirely sold on Reggie Bush although I did see a run or two in the pre season that was outstanding. Didnt he have a couple of turnovers as well? I am leery of smallish RBs making it big on the next level. Can be good, but not likely to duplicate success in colllege.

I would have thought the Dolphins would have been a good pick as an underdog on thurs. Steelers have traditionally not done well as favorites. I'm talking like the last 15 or 20 years it seems everytime they are written off they come back and win and everytime it looks like they've finally put all the pieces together they disappoint. that plus hamstring injury on Ward; plus Batch didnt seem like a serviceable QB any more...etc.

Batch did a nice job, a couple of bad balls, but mostly pretty good. Parker looks like he can carry 20 times a game, he's not great though.
I can assure you Reggie Bush is the real deal. If I'm Deuce McAllister, I'm having my agent talk to other teams because I won't be on the field much longer.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2006, 02:42 PM   #11
JPinMaryland

He's so small though. I dont think you can project him making it through a full season.

I should have posted that the Vikes looked like a solid underdog. Lots of preseason problems for the Redskins including: key injuries to Portis and the safety; kicking game looks bad, listless offense, nagging injuries on the dee line, it just goes on.

This time it was sean Taylor making a couple of bad defensive penalties. He is rapidly acquiring a reputation. Spitting on that guy in last years playoffs didnt help. Or the off-field problems. This guy can play but you wonder how much longer he can go on with stuff like this.

Brunnell may have hit the end of the road. I dunno I only saw the second half on tape. I have feeling his luck may be running out.

Also not impressed by the new offensive juggernaut. I think in the 2nd half they threw four times to people who were way short of first down marker. Well, not counting Randle-El at the end of the game. Guy did not go past the first down marker, did you see that? Bad play. I liked him in Pitt but bad play.
JPinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply