Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
INFRONT07

ANOTHER COP TASER;THE WORST YET

Just saw this on CNN wish I had the link.cop stops a mother with her children in the car.tells her to get out of the car.after talking to the cop she tries to get back in her car;he pulls her out of the car then gives her the taser.she gets up and tries to get in her car.again she get;s the taser.she tries to get to her knee;s he pushs her down to the ground.
she had told the cop she was not speeding or talking on her cell;so I don;t know why he stopped her.he went way too far.This guy should not be a cop;there;s NO defence for this.
SHE WAS NOT CHARGED WITH ANYTHING.This has to stop;this is not NAZI GERMANY.there;s no excuse for this.
INFRONT07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
46zilzal
velocitician

Tell them it is safe, which countless episodes show otherwise, and these power mad idiots will use it instead of common sense.

The RCMP is under mandate currently to review its use throughout the country.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFRONT07
Just saw this on CNN wish I had the link.cop stops a mother with her children in the car.tells her to get out of the car.after talking to the cop she tries to get back in her car;he pulls her out of the car then gives her the taser.she gets up and tries to get in her car.again she get;s the taser.she tries to get to her knee;s he pushs her down to the ground.
she had told the cop she was not speeding or talking on her cell;so I don;t know why he stopped her.he went way too far.This guy should not be a cop;there;s NO defence for this.
SHE WAS NOT CHARGED WITH ANYTHING.This has to stop;this is not NAZI GERMANY.there;s no excuse for this.
Tasers are very effective if used properly. If your facts are correct, he's a bad cop. But his actions don't mean we live in Nazi Germany. Most cops do a great job.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
46zilzal
velocitician

out of control

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/141747/pregnant_mother_tasered_at_baptism_party_(video)/
Old 08-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
she had told the cop she was not speeding or talking on her cell;so I don;t know why he stopped her.
Gee, if that's all it takes to get out of a traffic stop....

And all the guys in prison who claim they're innocent probably are, right INFRONT07?

Not defending this guy's actions in any way (I know nothing other than what you posted here), but to say "she had told the cop she was not speeding or talking on her cell, so I don't know why he stopped her" struck me as very funny.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
out of control
I agree. Let's get rid of tasers so that we can go back to good ol' fashioned skull cracking with night sticks and blackjacks....then we can make sure a little bit o' brain damage is the norm instead of these SCARE TACTIC STORIES you post all the time about these RARE INSTANCES when cops go nuts or the VERY RARE case when a taser actually kill someone.

Or maybe instead of tasers you'd rather the crazy cops grab for their service revolvers instead, thereby GUARANTEEING grave bodily harm and/or death...instead of the 99% non-lethal taser.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I agree. Let's get rid of tasers so that we can go back to good ol' fashioned skull cracking with night sticks and blackjacks....then we can make sure a little bit o' brain damage is the norm instead of these SCARE TACTIC STORIES you post all the time about these RARE INSTANCES when cops go nuts or the VERY RARE case when a taser actually kill someone.

Or maybe instead of tasers you'd rather the crazy cops grab for their service revolvers instead, thereby GUARANTEEING grave bodily harm and/or death...instead of the 99% non-lethal taser.
I hate when I totally and completely agree with you. Great post.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #8
INFRONT07

COP TAZER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Tasers are very effective if used properly. If your facts are correct, he's a bad cop. But his actions don't mean we live in Nazi Germany. Most cops do a great job.
Yes most cops do a good job and yes tasers are very effective WHEN USED PROPERLY.This was not the case with this woman.no there was no sound so I don;t know why he stopped her.But she was not charged with anything so it does look like the cop was way out of line using the taser not once but twice.
my point is it could have been me or you or someone in your family at the mercy of this power happy cop.
The referance to nazi germany comes from a friend many years ago who lived there before during and after the war.The local police had way too much power and could make your life hell;let alone kill you with no questions asked.
The guards in the camps enjoyed killing the inmates after a while more and more
POWER in the wrong hands is never a good thing.
please watch the film unless they bury it and you decide.think if it was you or yours.
the law suit has already been filed and the cop is on desk duty.Remember if she had broken a law she would have been charged;so there was no need to use the taser;right?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Yes most cops do a good job and yes tasers are very effective WHEN USED PROPERLY.This was not the case with this woman.no there was no sound so I don;t know why he stopped her.But she was not charged with anything so it does look like the cop was way out of line using the taser not once but twice.
my point is it could have been me or you or someone in your family at the mercy of this power happy cop.
The referance to nazi germany comes from a friend many years ago who lived there before during and after the war.The local police had way too much power and could make your life hell;let alone kill you with no questions asked.
The guards in the camps enjoyed killing the inmates after a while more and more
POWER in the wrong hands is never a good thing.
please watch the film unless they bury it and you decide.think if it was you or yours.
the law suit has already been filed and the cop is on desk duty.Remember if she had broken a law she would have been charged;so there was no need to use the taser;right?
Please see Pace's response above as he has already addressed and anticipated all of your arguments.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
cj's dad

yet another SHOCKING incident !
Old 08-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #11
INFRONT07

COP TAZER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Gee, if that's all it takes to get out of a traffic stop....

And all the guys in prison who claim they're innocent probably are, right INFRONT07?

Not defending this guy's actions in any way (I know nothing other than what you posted here), but to say "she had told the cop she was not speeding or talking on her cell, so I don't know why he stopped her" struck me as very funny.
PA
No need to insult me for posting something I saw and found very unfair.and no they are not all innocent but there are way too many that are.you are dating yourself the cops use phone books now;leaves no marks.
sorry I even posted this but I thought it would be of interest.please don;t bother to respond I wont post off topic again.Your the guy with all the power;peace brother May it never happen to you or yours
Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #12
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
PA
No need to insult me for posting something I saw and found very unfair.and no they are not all innocent but there are way too many that are.you are dating yourself the cops use phone books now;leaves no marks.
sorry I even posted this but I thought it would be of interest.please don;t bother to respond I wont post off topic again.Your the guy with all the power;peace brother May it never happen to you or yours
It was an interesting post - but your conclusions seemed over the top (Nazi Germany).
Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #13
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Damn, she told him she didn't do it...............what more do you want?

Too bad that officer wasn't around to Taze this bitch............huh?

http://blog.timesunion.com/parenting...ing-using-pot/
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #14
kenwoodallpromos

What story?

Since CNN did not put it on their website, I'll believe it when I see a link!
kenwoodallpromos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwoodallpromos
Since CNN did not put it on their website, I'll believe it when I see a link!
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Wom...494/story.html