Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

View Poll Results: Who do you like?
1) fantasy of flight 3 30.00%
2) street secret 1 10.00%
3) lady cohiba 0 0%
4) stanwyck 2 20.00%
5) moon philly 1 10.00%
6) centring 2 20.00%
7) royal lahaina 0 0%
8) roman invader 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. This poll is closed

Old 10-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Let's Handicap 10/26 Belmont Race 9?

Who do you like?

Race 9 - 8.5f gr3 $200k handicap f/m 3up

I've included a Poll to select who you think will win. The discussion is for how you will bet the race.

Free Bris PP can be located under Trainer Todd Pletcher

The Poll is in PP order not PROGRAM order.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Boca Poppy

I think this race sets up for Centring. Rosario gets back on board after giving her a nice ride in the Ogden Phipps. I think there's going to be a pretty good struggle between 1, 2, 3 & 8 for the lead/pace and it could set up nice for
Boca Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
fasteddied

Who do you like? Read the book Tip on a dead crab and I am sure you will love it, horses, women, the track in the 80s and a great writer William Murray.
fasteddied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
shouldacoulda

Think there will be 5 horses knocking heads early for lead. Should leave the door open for Like the works on the would not leave it out of a tri or super Think it would make a nice place play depending on the odds. has been running GR1 last 4 starts and 2nd back gained 10 lengths from the 2nd call. I think it will be finish depending on who gets stuck behind tiring rivals.
I would go with a / exacta / / tri but probably won't play the race. Too much of a crapshoot and probably at low odds. Will see after scratches.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
RunForTheRoses

Hate to pick chalk again but I think if she gets a good trip the 6 is easy winner. 1 or 2 complete the exacta, may be able to get Shireffs horse into the Tri. Race 8 2 unit DD 6-6, 1 unit 45/6.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Ocala Mike

I boxed in the exacta, and played the W/P. Light in the numbers, but as the OP pointed out, the race shape favors him.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
BIG HIT

bel R9

0.10 super think they have one Key#1 with 2-6-7
BIG HIT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddied
Who do you like? Read the book Tip on a dead crab and I am sure you will love it, horses, women, the track in the 80s and a great writer William Murray.

Thanks, I'll try and remember that title. I've never read any of his books but recall good write-ups of his works.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Although this a Gr3 race, I show all of them with slow times except for Stanwyck. I've looked at her PP and I see her also running slow (I don't get it).

I'm going with Fantasy of Flight (M/L 9/2) to win. She may be regressing in form.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
I boxed in the exacta, and played the W/P. Light in the numbers, but as the OP pointed out, the race shape favors him.
Hey hey hey!

Congrats to you and others who had the exacta also.21-1 and you just needed a little faith in the race shape.Nice bet.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
shouldacoulda

Well I played it. Against my better judgement. Played W+P on exacta box and / / tri. Makes up for the butt kicking and stupid mistakes I made today and then some. Let a 52.00 FTS slip through my hands at GP. Played exacta and not individually. Fav ran 3rd.

Last edited by shouldacoulda; 10-26-2013 at 05:18 PM.
shouldacoulda is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
Ocala Mike

Got out for the day with that one. Ironically, I had a splitzacta earlier with a Shirreffs firster sneaking into the place at huge odds. It was duly noted for later reference.

Anyway, sometimes race shape prevails over numbers; keeps the game interesting.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #13
shouldacoulda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Got out for the day with that one. Ironically, I had a splitzacta earlier with a Shirreffs firster sneaking into the place at huge odds. It was duly noted for later reference.

Anyway, sometimes race shape prevails over numbers; keeps the game interesting.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

nice picking!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #15
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Race Recap:

#4 Stanwyck (21.40) .................................................. 44.80 9.80 5.10
#6 Centring (1.15) .................................................. ................ 3.10 2.60
#1 Fantasy of flight (4.00) .................................................. ............. 3.90
#7 Royal lahaina (11.10)

$2.00 exacta 158.50 (4 - 6)
$2.00 trifecta 684.00 (4 - 6 - 1)

Per chart:

STANWYCK settled inside in mid pack, came under encouragement nearing the quarter pole, swung just off the inside into the stretch, rallied to seize command narrowly a furlong out, got confronted by CENTRING nearing the sixteenth marker, dug in gamely under a near sided stick guided out nearing the wire in a good race riding effort to intimidate and repulse that foe on the line. CENTRING three wide towards the rear, came under light coaxing at the three-eighths pole, commenced a five wide run from the five-sixteenths, rallied into contention a furlong out, dug in steadily gaining through the to the wire but was ultimately repulsed in a good effort. FANTASY OF FLIGHT rated on the pace along the inside, came under coaxing at the five-sixteenths, cut the corner into the stretch set down for the drive, got headed at the eighth pole and kept on well for the show honors. ROYAL LAHAINA just off the inside towards the rear, came under urging at the five-sixteenths, attempted to angle out three wide into upper stretch and lacked the clearance to make the move, shifted back to the inside straightened for home and offered up a mild kick for the last major share.

2 out of 10 voters selected a very nice winner and no scratches.