Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #46
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
He's been out of office 7 months and they're still posting garbage .
Don't be surprised either if 7 years from now, they're still posting junk. They excel at getting stuck on stupid.

Boxcar
Old 08-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #47
dvlander

Tasers aren't the problem

Let's face it, the taser isn't the problem. There are bad cops just like there are bad politicians, bad handicappers, bad lawyers, and bad accountants. A taser is a less dangerous option to control a non-compliant individual than a night stick or a firearm would be. Of the thousands of law enforement incidents that occur every year, the 46 types just love to hone in on the rare events where an bad officer uses poor judgment with a taser and then declare that it is unilaterally an unsafe thing for society.

The liberal answer is always to ban the item instead of working to control the questionable behavior. Here in Oregon, meth is a huge problem and it's evidently created using over-the-counter legitimate sinus and cold medicine. So these pills can now only be acquired by law-abiding citizens that have a doctor's prescription. We have to go through huge hoops to buy spray paint because some idiots like to sniff it or whatever they do with it. The libs always want to make the item in question terribly difficult to obtain for law-abiding citizens rather than addressing the issues that cause the bad behavior.

My only question is how often are tasers used on compliant citizens?

Dale
dvlander is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #48
46zilzal
velocitician

They are NOT so rare chief. I work with two ex RCMP's and they are disgusted with the lack of judgment used by these power mad idiots (both here and the US) who put common sense in their back pocket and just try to impose their picayune will over non-dangerous people
Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #49
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Electricity is better than lead.
Work on the people, not the technology.
Duh.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #50
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Electricity is better than lead.
Work on the people, not the technology.
Duh.
That makes too much sense...for 46er. His brain isn't able to process flawless logic.

Boxcar
Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #51
keilan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis
I just watched this video and Im hysterical laughing.

I feel so bad for this poor woman.

So PA, Warren Henry, and SPA MIke.....

What should we do with this cop......???

I say promote him!!! Make him Chief of the Chief of all police.

Are you guys kidding???

Now Im going to hear the BS "what if she pulled a weapon" and "the cop has to protect himself"....

Face it, this a-hole was dying to try out his new toy....

If this guy did this to my wife, he'd wish he had become a fireman.

What a POS.

Again, great lawsuit AND CIVIL SUIT this woman has.
Over the past several months you have become a poster favorite of mine. You seem to walk your own path and let the chips fall where they may, I respect people like you. Most here are like moles and scurry back and forth only ever defined by their party lines and ass kissing.

Guys like you give us from other countries some level of faith in America and its attitudes. The world is changing and so are the world powers, I get that the general consensus here is that the new Government is driving the US into the ground. What most here don't seem to realize is that started a long time ago.

Anyways good on you Slewis
keilan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply