Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #61
ddog

well i am the only one that thinks this and that's fine, but we never REALLY got out of the last one.

yes, we pumped and frauded and begged and borrowed our way to some "returns" but it was all fluff , no substance at all. A false productivity based(what a crock) recovery.

"the cuts" had not much to do with it, the monetary and interest rate policy and the free credit for all pumped it for a bit.

if the cuts did it , why all the defaults, the cuts were not enough to do it or ???

Last edited by ddog; 07-24-2009 at 02:07 PM.
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #62
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Define "paid sufficiently". Businesses may not prosper if workers are paid "too" sufficiently because the businesses would have to raise their prices to consumers, and they may not be able to afford the increases and look elsewhere to buy or not buy at all. Also, increased prices could well contribute toward inflation.

Boxcar

payed enough to afford to live in the economy without going into crushing debt and needing to have both parents work to stay even.

hasn't really existed for many in the last ten years and longer.

You can't have a flat wage for many for the last ten years and think they are being paid enough to support employers here , now employers in China or Taiwan , that's another story.

maybe once we get rid of any type of labor that makes more than Chinese or Taiwanese and they have bought up most of the production still left here , then we will have achieved an employer friendly economy.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #63
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailwolf
Then we should not be in a recession at this time.
the lefty types will not understand that the "taxes" they speak of are a drop in the bucket.

The problem is that the country is ran now almost 50-50 on debt, borrowings that have to be financed, paid for on a rolling basis, we never pay it back, yet anyway.

Once the "thought" creeps in that we are not going to be able to honor our payment schedules then all hell will break loose.

At that point any tax cut you are given will be dwarfed by the cost of the money we are borrowing to fund the gvt.

From that point on it's a one way ticket to the poor house.

Tax cuts or not.

In other words lefty, you seem to be agreeing with Biden who said we have to spend money to keep from going BK.

You want tax cuts now, which we can't afford to be able to pump up your spending(?) now I guess, which would return the economy to health and thus enable us to pay our debts.

Is that about it.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #64
dvlander

Quote:
If the opened mindedness and a balanced evaluation is what an education produces: GOOD for that.
I won't minimize the value of an education but if you think that "open mindedness" and "balanced evaluation" are what the general population of professors espouse in this country, you really are deranged. What is the current percentage? 99.8% liberal professors, .2% conservative (and they have to keep it quiet for fear of reprisal).

This is like saying that newspaper editorial staffs are open-minded and balanced.

What do you consider balanced? Equal parts left and far-left?

Dale
dvlander is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #65
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlander
I won't minimize the value of an education but if you think that "open mindedness" and "balanced evaluation" are what the general population of professors espouse in this country, you really are deranged. What is the current percentage? 99.8% liberal professors, .2% conservative (and they have to keep it quiet for fear of reprisal).

This is like saying that newspaper editorial staffs are open-minded and balanced.

Dale
No an education to access what is or is not true based upon the FACTS presented not the political slant someone ELSE puts on it. The student, the recipient of that education makes up his/her mind NOT the professors who teach them.

An education gives one the tools to evaluate things for themselves.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 07-24-2009 at 02:27 PM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #66
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Your numbers are a tad skewed vs reality
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Mar28.html
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #67
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

"FACTS presented..." Presented by whom, or what? The presentation IS the spin "someone ELSE" puts on it.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #68
BlueShoe

Quote:
Good point,unfortunately this is how the liberal thought process works.Also true is the overwhelming dominence of liberal Democrat professors in our institutes of higher learning,and these profs do influence young impressionable minds.In my rant yesterday about highly educated liberals,I might add that far left college professors are at the very top of my contempt list.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #69
dvlander

Quote:
The student, the recipient of that education makes up his/her mind NOT the professors who teach them.
So you are saying that our young, impressionable student minds will not be influenced whatsoever by a steady stream of Ward Churchill types guiding them? Whether or not you agree with any conservative ideology, isn't it a bit presumptive to suggest that these kids have a fair shot at landing on either side (i.e., balanced) when their professors only present the right in a disdainful manner?

Dale
Old 07-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #70
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
"FACTS presented..." Presented by whom, or what? The presentation IS the spin "someone ELSE" puts on it.
The scientific method suggests, like most experimental designs, one must contact MULTIPLE sources for confirmation before accepting ANY of them as accurate.

To not do that reflects upon the laziness on the investigator.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 07-24-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #71
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
So you are saying that our young, impressionable student minds will not be influenced whatsoever by a steady stream of Ward Churchill types guiding them? Whether or not you agree with any conservative ideology, isn't it a bit presumptive to suggest that these kids have a fair shot at landing on either side (i.e., balanced) when their professors only present the right in a disdainful manner?

Dale
I have had professors whom I had NOTHING in common with but the class in front of us both. I MADE the decisions on what I got out of the class, as most good students do.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 07-24-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #72
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

You have to be the driest, most dullard human being in North America. Do people ever ask you to go out for a few beers and some idle chit-chat? I can't imagine the answer is yes. Do you think anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, watches Fox News, or CNN, or PMSNBC, and thinks to themselves, "I must employ the scientific method to these messages I'm receiving to fully discern if they're accurate or not, lest I brand myself as lazy?" Or worse, "lest 46Zilzal tags me with the lazy label?" Where do you get this crap, and how does it play in your real world?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #73
dvlander

Quote:
Your numbers are a tad skewed vs reality
Fair point and I hoped by making the numbers a bit ridiculous that it would provide some clue that I wasn't using actual data. However, the numbers are still clearly one-sided so it doesn't change the argument.

Dale
Old 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #74
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal

An education gives one the tools to evaluate things for themselves.
Then dag nabbit, you should go out and get one!
You have a huge gap with reality.
Mebbe ya could close 'er up a tad.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #75
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
" Or worse, "lest 46Zilzal tags me with the lazy label?" Where do you get this crap, and how does it play in your real world?
No one called ANYONE but a lazy student lazy...Jumping to conclusions around her is more infectious than aerial small pox

I check out several sources for all information before accepting any of it as the truth. Yes the good old tried and ture scientific method.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 07-24-2009 at 03:18 PM.