Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #16
rsetup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'll ask again...do you keep track of the performance of all the picks you make? If you have, where? I haven't seen it...

Maybe you sum it up at the end of the day, I can't remember, but I know you don't provide a running total over all the picks you've posted...until you do, you might want to can the "clueless" talk until we can see whether or not you're one of the clueless yourself.

I realize it all goes back to you. But the context here is the PREAKNESS. I crushed the race and posted before the fact. My BES pick is in your Friday value thread.

Where is Classhandicapper's pick, or the pick of some others that posted on this thread? A recurring theme, perhaps?
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 01:11 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Crushing one race doesn't necessarily make you an expert or a winner.

Besides, for all I know, you were just tagging along with Andy's pick.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #18
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetup View Post
I realize it all goes back to you. But the context here is the PREAKNESS. I crushed the race and posted before the fact. My BES pick is in your Friday value thread.

Where is Classhandicapper's pick, or the pick of some others that posted on this thread? A recurring theme, perhaps?
I'm going out on a limb here, but I must give credit where credit is due. Congrats on a nice call and crushing the Preakness, Rsetup.....I happened to share the same opinion on the winner myself:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...9&postcount=81
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #19
classhandicapper

Quote:
Yippee.

Post race comments from those clueless (and/or silent) pre-race.

And, as expected, some repeat offenders.

I learn so much here.
A post race analysis of one race IS a pre race analysis of the next race.

I have no problem telling you my thoughts AGAIN considering I wrote about 5 posts worth of Derby post race analysis and we even discussed it.

I thought Always Dreaming was the most likely winner of the Preakness, but I was unsure how good he was. He put away all the other speeds in a fast pace in the Derby, but given that Battle of Midway hung around also it appeared to me that a lot of the quality closers were disadvantaged by ground loss and mud.

I thought the horse for him to beat out that race was Classic Empire who lost position at the start and more ground than any of the closers he had already beaten in the Derby.

I bet Conquest Mo Money because I thought he was better than Classic Empire in the Arkansas Derby. He did most of the dirty work up front in a race I rated as favoring closers. So My feeling was that at 10-1 he probably fit well enough with Classic Empire to get a piece and I could use him. He did not run as well as I expected.

I thought Cloud Computing was better than he looked on paper off the Wood because he got away a length slow, raced wide, and made up ground on a day I made as favoring inside speed. But I did not think that performance was good enough to get the win yesterday. I still don't. I think he's a lightly raced horse that was better than he looked but he also jumped up for a great trainer over the last 6 weeks and got a good setup yesterday. That's my pre race analysis for him next time. He's good and getting better, but was not best yesterday.

You made an excellent pick, but there is nothing wrong with analyzing races after they are run. I do it privately and publicly. That's how you find your next bet.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 05-21-2017 at 01:17 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #20
dilanesp

Quote:

Last year, I crushed the Preakness hard, and made a number of posts where I argued with people who threw out Exaggerator for various specious reasons.

That didn't make me a Preakness expert, as this year's renewal illustrated.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #21
Robert Fischer
clean money

he was right

Rsetup called the Preakness down to the script of the tactics.

Can't do anything better than that. Hats off to him.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:57 PM   #22
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Rsetup called the Preakness down to the script of the tactics.

Can't do anything better than that. Hats off to him.
Absolutely.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #23
Bullet Plane

Well...

Jim Dunleavy in the DRF picked Cloud Computing.

Andy Serling had him.

If you read the Sheets Bulletin Board, a handicapper there picked him.

Just do a little reading, plenty of experts picked the horse.

I give no "copy cat" on this board or any other.

any kudo's for copy cat picks.

Matter of fact, it makes me more than a little angry.

It is the equivalent of trolling.

Please kick all the damn useless trolls off the board!!!!

Question?

This troll isn't Vic Stauffer, or is he?

Last edited by Bullet Plane; 05-21-2017 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 03:03 PM   #24
Robert Fischer
clean money

After posting here for a while, it's pretty clear that the poster Rsetup was high on this horse for reasons that align with his personal philosophy of modeling and analyzing races.

If you aren't aware of that, at least give him credit for copying the correct 'experts'. Handicapping those guys is at least as hard as handicapping a horse race with 3 or 4 logicals.

I have no problem admitting that he was right, and I was very wrong about the race. I made about 140 on a race that should have been a month's worth of profit. Not only did I key Always Dreaming roughly five times as much as Cloud Computing, I only had Classic Empire on one of my Cloud Computing keys (with otherwise correct additional trifecta and superfecta tickets that tossed Classic Empire from 1st through 3rd). I also didn't bet a dime in multi-races. I was so biased about Classic Empire, that I was blind to some of the types of scenarios that Rsetup spelled out.

I'm not ever going to scanning the internet to bet Rsetup's (or any other poster's) selections, but there are a handful of guys at this site who consistently offer quality insights. One of the reason this site thrives, even with the existence of things like Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Plane View Post
Well...

Jim Dunleavy in the DRF picked Cloud Computing.

Andy Serling had him.

If you read the Sheets Bulletin Board, a handicapper there picked him.

Just do a little reading, plenty of experts picked the horse.

I give no "copy cat" on this board or any other.

any kudo's for copy cat picks.

Matter of fact, it makes me more than a little angry.

It is the equivalent of trolling.

Please kick all the damn useless trolls off the board!!!!

Question?

This troll isn't Vic Stauffer, or is he?
Old 05-21-2017, 03:57 PM   #25
Gerard02

I give credit to Rs, as well. He called it. I have learned quite a bit reading these threads. Many of you guys know your stuff. One word of advice. Be gracious in victory as you would be in defeat. Remember, no one wins them all. I banged the Derby, but with knowledge I picked up here and what I knew over many years. I've seen some guys cut into each other, and it's disturbing that snipes are taken, but I've seen it before at the track. Guess, it comes with the territory. I would think if a guy shoots his mouth off, claiming to be the know it all handicapper and kicking those around, loses, he deserves a pop back. In most cases here, it seems many of you are cordial with each other and good with sharing general information. Let's look towards the Belmont and crushing it together. Good hunting, boys.
Gerard02 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 06:26 PM   #26
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Yippee.

Post race comments from those clueless (and/or silent) pre-race.

And, as expected, some repeat offenders.

I learn so much here.

That's not being fair, it's always fun to recap. It's also a way to learn.

Btw, I saw your post and thread on CC, very good. But, without going back to that thread ..... Did you provide your reasons or was it a vague claim?

EDIT: I just remember something about the Wood.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 05-21-2017 at 06:36 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #27
Afleet

Does this result move Irish War Cry back up? He crushed Cloud Computing, maybe just didn't like the slop
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #28
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
Does this result move Irish War Cry back up? He crushed Cloud Computing, maybe just didn't like the slop
Always Dreaming and Irish War Cry seem to be birds of a feather. Need everything their own way and quite possibly need space between races. Can't imagine Irish War Cry would have been anywhere at the finish at Pimlico given the pace.

I would guess that we might see Irish War Cry on the grass this summer.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 08:58 PM   #29
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Always Dreaming and Irish War Cry seem to be birds of a feather. Need everything their own way and quite possibly need space between races. Can't imagine Irish War Cry would have been anywhere at the finish at Pimlico given the pace.

I would guess that we might see Irish War Cry on the grass this summer.
Will see him in the Haskell; owner/breeder from NJ
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #30
Fager Fan
Veteran

I don't think pressing the pace was the undoing of CE. The rider unleashed him a couple seconds too soon. Timing can be everything, including the last 2 seconds that resulted in CC getting his head in front at the wire. CE didn't have the energy needed to run stronger in those last few seconds, perhaps due to racing back in 2 weeks as opposed to the winner who didn't have that handicap.

CE proved to be the best 3yo colt currently running, but that doesn't seem to be saying a lot. Some of these horses will develop into good older horses next year but for now they're not the most exciting lot. Arrogate sure isn't worried.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: