Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 02:04 AM   #1
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?

A forum member was nice enough to literally hand me about a pallet of old methods, betting schemes, articles, and so on. I love this stuff and can read for hours.

Anyhoo...I came across this one: I'm completely astounded by it. There's nothing there! Is there?? Most "methods" have a key rule or two....all this one requires is the horse in question not walk with a noticeable limp **(he did include the "Thask" rule in there) Take a look:

As a fellow player I would like to share a spot play with you as we are all in this together. It's called Spots & Blots. Several years ago my track buddy bought a Greyhound system and as a bonus they included this play. Like all spot plays it doesn't hit 100% of the time , but when it does it more than has made up for the losers. It works at all tracks and last year I hit my first $100 plus win ticket. I also like it as an entertainment bet. Here are the rules.

Rule#1:Playable races are Claiming, Mdn. claiming and Allowance races on the dirt or turf. If a horse didn't finish its last race its not eligible. Play only distances in sprints of 5.5 to 7 furlongs. In routes play 1mile to 1-1/8 mile only. If there's a surface change today our horse must have to raced on the surface its running today within one of its last 3 races, if not the horse is not eligible.No shippers out of country played until they have at least 1 race over the track your playing today.

Rule#2:Last Race Rule. The horse must have raced within the last 35 days or have a workout in 10 days if off for 45 days. Over 45 days it must have2 works in 14 days of each other and then can have raced in the last 105 days.

Rule#3: The horse must have finished 4th. or worse up to 10th. at the finish position in its last race.At no time can the horse have been at the led at any call in its last race. At the first call the horse must not have been more than 4.50 lengths off the leader. At the 3rd. and 4th. call the horse must be 2 or more lengths worse than its first call (half of a length is acceptable as a full length, not one quater).

Rule#4: Tie breaker. play the horse at the highest odds. No play at less than 4/1. Don't play the race if there are more then 3 qualified horses.

That's it. In my dealings with the angle I have hit some very nice prices. Stick to the rules, I have had 2 horses and played the lower odds one and the higher odds horse won. I will play the horse on the nose to win, sometimes win/show and sometimes

*for an "entertainment" bet as the author calls it....he's easily entertained
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #2
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
A forum member was nice enough to literally hand me about a pallet of old methods, betting schemes, articles, and so on. I love this stuff and can read for hours.

Anyhoo...I came across this one: I'm completely astounded by it. There's nothing there! Is there?? Most "methods" have a key rule or two....all this one requires is the horse in question not walk with a noticeable limp **(he did include the "Thask" rule in there) Take a look:

As a fellow player I would like to share a spot play with you as we are all in this together. It's called Spots & Blots. Several years ago my track buddy bought a Greyhound system and as a bonus they included this play. Like all spot plays it doesn't hit 100% of the time , but when it does it more than has made up for the losers. It works at all tracks and last year I hit my first $100 plus win ticket. I also like it as an entertainment bet. Here are the rules.

Rule#1:Playable races are Claiming, Mdn. claiming and Allowance races on the dirt or turf. If a horse didn't finish its last race its not eligible. Play only distances in sprints of 5.5 to 7 furlongs. In routes play 1mile to 1-1/8 mile only. If there's a surface change today our horse must have to raced on the surface its running today within one of its last 3 races, if not the horse is not eligible.No shippers out of country played until they have at least 1 race over the track your playing today.

Rule#2:Last Race Rule. The horse must have raced within the last 35 days or have a workout in 10 days if off for 45 days. Over 45 days it must have2 works in 14 days of each other and then can have raced in the last 105 days.

Rule#3: The horse must have finished 4th. or worse up to 10th. at the finish position in its last race.At no time can the horse have been at the led at any call in its last race. At the first call the horse must not have been more than 4.50 lengths off the leader. At the 3rd. and 4th. call the horse must be 2 or more lengths worse than its first call (half of a length is acceptable as a full length, not one quater).

Rule#4: Tie breaker. play the horse at the highest odds. No play at less than 4/1. Don't play the race if there are more then 3 qualified horses.

That's it. In my dealings with the angle I have hit some very nice prices. Stick to the rules, I have had 2 horses and played the lower odds one and the higher odds horse won. I will play the horse on the nose to win, sometimes win/show and sometimes

*for an "entertainment" bet as the author calls it....he's easily entertained
Greg, It almost sounds like a play on random numbers, which occasionally wins too. Seriously the rule of being within 4.5 lengths at the first call and then 2 or more lengths back at next calls sounds like a relaxed early speed wake up play, if you can consider <4.5 lengths as early speed.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:02 PM   #3
HalvOnHorseracing

It sounds a lot like an old American Turf Monthly article.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: