Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #211
tzipi

TLG is awesome and always does a good job informing us NY players during the day. He's just giving his honest opinions and he does a good job with it IMO
Old 03-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #212
Ocala Mike

Not a bad day for Serling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzipi
TLG is awesome and always does a good job informing us NY players during the day. He's just giving his honest opinions and he does a good job with it IMO
Agree with this 100%. I follow Andy on Twitter; his "night before" postings are the best.

Ocala Mike
Old 03-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #213
Ocala Mike

Not a bad day for Serling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Start posting your selections before the races - every day - and shut everyone up. That would be fair - TLG makes his public.....ball's in your court.

Or, just post - right before the race - why TLG's selection is so bad...then we can all watch the race together, sitting in a semi-circle on the floor, Indian style, in our footed jammies, drinking hot cocoa and sing cumbya when the prices are posted.

Love that picture!

Ocala Mike
Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #214
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Agree with this 100%. I follow Andy on Twitter; his "night before" postings are the best.

Ocala Mike

I follow him too and his tweets go into a separate stream with only a few others so I can find them easily. Last week had a bunch of computers to fix didn't have a chance to even look at the days races. He tweeted a horse and I bet them on the fly just to take a break for a few moments. Since I am posting this of course the horse won put and a guy on TVG called it a head scratcher. I'm not bashing them but there is a reason Serling has more followers then anyone on their network. Word of mouth spreads pretty quick about someone who has talent.

Seriously there must be good reason almost everyone in the industry praises and respects him maybe because he has a hard work ethic. He has stated it takes about four hours to cap a card that's a tremendous amount of time.

One more thing for light. The guy gives out horses and its a 100% certainty that the odds on that particular horse is diminished after doing so. So he is willing to take less of a price to share it with his followers on a consistent basis. Not many people can do that and be successful it impacts an ROI.

I know what his rebuttal will be and that will be he gets better prices when he's wrong. Of course you have to pick the winner as Tom said POST EM UP.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #215
aharon5741

Today Andy basically gave out a cold exacta that paid $79 in the third at AQU. Along with Maggie's excellent paddock coverage I rarely look at the PPs for AQU, so I'm free to sit back enjoy the coverage and pick a good spot or two.

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...2USA3-EQB.html
Old 03-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #216
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharon5741
I rarely look at the PPs for AQU, so I'm free to sit back enjoy the coverage and pick a good spot or two.
How will you know when it's a good spot or two?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #217
classhandicapper

Light,

I sort of understand where you coming from, but IMO you are being beyond silly about this.

I hate when "I" have a strong negative opinion about a favorite (or positive opinion about a long shot) but turn out to be very wrong. It usually means there was something a lot of other people understood about the horse that I didn't.

If I get a trip/pace wrong, I can deal with that because that's a somewhat unpredictable aspect of the game. But to totally misunderstand a horse's ability and recent performances and then watch it win when I hated it or vice versa drives me nuts.

But you can't nitpick all of them.

I don't know anyone that doesn't have a few holes in their game no matter how comprehensive their handicapping and how hard they work. As long as you get enough of them right to profit, you are doing a lot of things right. Andy seems to be in that category.

IMO fair and balanced is to say he's a terrific handicapper with a few holes in his game just like the rest of us, perhaps just a few different holes than we have.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-29-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #218
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

$58 winner on top for Serling today.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #219
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
$58 winner on top for Serling today.
I bet against that horse, and my horse got scratched at the gate. So for just a second i thought about moving to Andy's horse.........of course i just passed

Nice call Andy! Tweets and all
Old 06-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #220
1GCFAN

I use his analysis but not necessarily his selections. He insisted McPeek's runner in Sunday's 6th was way over bet and gave some background on his previous races which I hadn't seen. I tossed McPeek in the exacta and all but one tri. Turnedout to be a smart play. I like Maggies
analysis as well.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #221
classhandicapper

That was a great pick.

I didn't make a play in the race, but in hindsight a couple of the horses that looked better were from really low percentage barns and the favorable trainer move plus a couple of back races put the winner in the mix.

No one knows everything about everything, but any comments suggesting Andy is anything other than excellent would be preposterous at this point.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-03-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #222
lamboguy

great pick
Old 06-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #223
1GCFAN

I ignored his call on the $58 horse and keyed the 29-1 second place horse with the third fourth fifth and Levine horses. Sure wish I had been paying attention.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #224
Rapid Grey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GCFAN
I ignored his call on the $58 horse and keyed the 29-1 second place horse with the third fourth fifth and Levine horses. Sure wish I had been paying attention.
Did the same, thought that the 's race two back put it in the exotics and the price was there. Didn't hear what Serling said about the (knew it was his top pick) but I couldn't bet it off of the form, looked at a little deeper when I got home, looks like a horse that runs better from outer posts and the March 18th race was better than it looks.

When they scratched the I should have blindly used Andy's pick, would have least had the exacta.

Last edited by Rapid Grey; 06-04-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #225
Figaro

Newbie here, can somebody please post a link to Andy's selections? Thanks!
Closed Thread