Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #16
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Our "boycott California" slogan might need to be revised.

"BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA, EXCEPT FOR PICK-6 CARRYOVER DAYS."

Whoever said that we horseplayers have no resolve?
Is there a boycott?
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #17
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
Is there a boycott?
There should be. Effective immediately!

"CALIFORNIA RACING IS DEAD TO US."

Is this only rhetoric?

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-03-2010 at 10:51 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #18
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
There should be. Effective immediately!

"CALIFORNIA IS DEAD TO US."

Is this only rhetoric?
Since we are going down this road please explain why we should boycott California and not other tracks. I know the answer and I'm ready if one is called but I'd like to know if you know.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #19
thaskalos

Quote:
Since we are going down this road please explain why we should boycott California and not other tracks. I know the answer and I'm ready if one is called but I'd like to know if you know.
Andy, why the patronizing tone?

You say that you "know the answer". Has it occurred to you that you might be wrong?

I know the answer too, and I think that MY answer is different than yours.

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-03-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #20
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Andy, why the patronizing tone?
You say that you "know the answer". Has it occured to you that you might be wrong?

I know the answer too, and I think that it's different than yours.
Let me see. I start a thread about a carryover and just because it's in California people think it's cool to put up the Dead shit. If it's the new policy of the board to go into a thread and throw that out every time California is mentioned then I'll abide by it. But I don't think that's the case.

And no it hasn't occurred to me that I am wrong because I follow it and deal with it every day out here. I don't expect you to know that but are you at least getting why I might not appreciate someone hijacking a thread about a carryover in California?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #21
thaskalos

Quote:
Let me see. I start a thread about a carryover and just because it's in California people think it's cool to put up the Dead shit. If it's the new policy of the board to go into a thread and throw that out every time California is mentioned then I'll abide by it. But I don't think that's the case.

And no it hasn't occurred to me that I am wrong because I follow it and deal with it every day out here. I don't expect you to know that but are you at least getting why I might not appreciate someone hijacking a thread about a carryover in California?
I apologize for hijacking the thread...it was never my intention.

I thought that we agreed last night, that we would respond in this way in ALL California threads, as a form of protest.

If I misunderstood, I stand corrected.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #22
Rook

Any horseplayer defending California tracks when they are about to raise the takeout by is probably the sort of guy who would stick up for his wife when he found out she was cheating on him. It's a pathetic sight to see.

When someone punches you in the nose, you punch back. You don't get the Stockholm syndrome.
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #23
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
I apologize for hijacking the thread...it was never my intention.

I thought that we agreed last night, that we would respond in this way in ALL California threads, as a form of protest.

If I misunderstood, I stand corrected.
It's not a huge deal. The apology isn't necessary at all.

I know some people thought it was a good idea but it's a bad idea and here's why:

Right now in California there are quite a few Racing Officials, Owners, and Trainers who don't think raising the take is a good idea. Just about all the radio show hosts out here are against raising the takeout.

Nothing will have the effect of losing their support than if they percieve that California is being treated unfairly by people that just want to bash California. Nobody outside of rwwupl has fought these bastard that are raising the take more than me. I do it just about every day and I have a pretty good idea of what will sell and what won't.

It's important to fight this thing the right way and that means not giving them any excuse to turn the tables on us. The guys that are doing this in California are no dummies and they almost always get what they want. This time however there is a real shot to change things for the better and they are nervous about it.

The apology isn't necessary at all. I'm the guy that's on edge over this stuff. It's hard to explain but believe me nobody wants to beat their asses more than me.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #24
Charlie D

All the best with the Fight Andy.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #25
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook
Any horseplayer defending California tracks when they are about to raise the takeout by is probably the sort of guy who would stick up for his wife when he found out she was cheating on him. It's a pathetic sight to see.

When someone punches you in the nose, you punch back. You don't get the Stockholm syndrome.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse you say something like this.

Do you have any clue? Do you know anything you are talking about?

Now you choose to throw peoples families into your bullshit. WTF?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #26
Rook

Quote:
Do you have any clue? Do you know anything you are talking about?

Now you choose to throw peoples families into your bullshit. WTF?
Yes, I know what I'm talking about but I have no idea what you are referring to. Whose family have I discussed? WTF, yourself
Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #27
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook
Yes, I know what I'm talking about but I have no idea what you are referring to. Whose family have I discussed? WTF, yourself
Hey rook who the hell do you think your bullshitting here. You came up with a cute slogan and you think it's cool to hijack a thread because you think you might be holding the high moral ground right. You seem to think you know what sort of guy I am so let me hear it. Get on with it.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #28
andymays
Veteran

Good night everyone. Everyone should sleep well now that we know Rook will always be there to hold people like me accountable.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #29
Stillriledup
Veteran

If you're good at bingo you have a shot at this place.

They turned horse racing into the lottery....so, we have ANOTHER state lottery.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2010, 11:47 PM   #30
Rook

Quote:
You seem to think you know what sort of guy I am so let me hear it. Get on with it.
The only thing I know about you Andy is that you have a crusade against polytrack. I respect that and I have never got involved in any of your threads because I am neutral on the subject. My ROI on poly is virtually identical to dirt and turf.

My crusade is against takeout increases because that has an obvious negative effect on my family's income, especially if California is the first of many.