Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #16
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm city whizz View Post
can't wait for the following which happens every year at the big T.....

Call up Track collector 13mtp opening day for him to come down and get me....

Proximity sneaking in some horse he loves that's shows dogfood lines on paper and horse wins easy....

The annual round table in the simulcast room about how ronsmac can't stand stronach and people keep trashing lebron for no reason

There is not a better time of the year sitting in that room......knowing when I leave the pigskin is in the air in only a matter of days

Strongly urge anybody who can make it up for a day to do it, Ronny Chris and shayne are great people, and it's a blast spending a day at the races with them, the One thing I regret is not having the chance of us 4 and cjs dad Dennis having a group outing at the T......

3 years in a row now when I walk out the grandstand on the 2nd floor overlooking the track I remember curtisonthebay telling me when I asked him if he wanted to go to timonium "whizz I'm tired of going there, stale beer and breakdowns".......it's so true

Looking like the big t is trending up.....these field sizes are massive and should bring in some good prices
What? No mention of keeping your consecutive "Timonium Fan of the Day" streak intact? And, I'm sure you forgot, but two years ago your unclaimed "prize" was a 1-day complementary parking pass to Energy Downs! (Great creativity shout-out goes to announcer Dave Rodman and equibase charter Keith F. up in the booth!).

I don't think there has been any serious horse breakdowns for several years now, just a pull-up here and there. I think the horsemen as a whole are taking the short meet more seriously now, so that means bringing bringing less "questionable" soundness stock. Too bad we could never get Dennis (cj's dad) to come join us, but I know his health was a big problem these latter years. I think he would have liked the "newer" atmosphere with the addition of the on-site year around OTB and bar/restaurant a couple of years ago.

We will miss you this weekend, ronsmac. It will be the first time I think in the last 4 years. Looking forward to getting an update on your wagering activities, particularly the OP meet. Feel free to bring Patty along again too.

Proximity, I am hoping we can raise your spirits for your future poker exploits. I greatly enjoy your vegas trip reports in the Poker thread, but I have detected a growing trend of tougher results and perhaps a diminishing enthusiasm. Keep your chin up my friend!

For me, Timonium is much more than a very nice racing experience, but a chance to talk and spend more time with great PA members that I would not have had the opportunity to meet if it were not for this very enjoyable PaceAdvantage racing forum!!
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #17
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by charm city whizz View Post
Proximity sneaking in some horse he loves that's shows dogfood lines on paper and horse wins easy....
lol, hope i'm actually there the next time this happens.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #18
proximity

i'm pretty depressed about gambling (poker) and didn't really like the card but i got a chance to take in opening day friday with fair racing legend track collector!!

swung and missed at one race on the card but finished ahead in my adw bets due to bar of gold in the 7th at sar.

track collector also liked bar of gold but unfortunately got shut out.

he came back BIG though with the 4-9 exacta (3-1 over 37-1) in the live racing finale!

the nine started flashing for an objection but it held up and he stayed around to celebrate and generously bought me some delicious fried clams over at the fair!!

every year here i report on the vegetable exhibit and 2017 won't be an exception. andy (and jeff) knight of reisterstown repeated with a grand champion ribbon for vegetables while herbert pletcher of taneytown won a grand champion ribbon for some apples.

good luck to everyone for the rest of the meet!!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:23 AM   #19
Track Collector

Entries for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are up, and still look pretty good considering that entries are required for 4 straight days of racing this weekend.

Doing very good financially so far, but hoping to not repeat the results of one of the previous years where I did very well the first weekend of racing and stunk the second weekend which resulted in a loss over the entire meet.

Saturday looks like light rain, but hoping to avoid rain on the other days.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #20
Track Collector

Final Report

Tough day financially on the final racing day today. Hit one race exacta out of 9 races, so the end result was not going to be pretty. Two exactas were lost when another horse passed my place horse just yards shy of the finish line, and one key on top horse gained on the leader at the stretch but missed getting up for the win by about a foot. Oh well, things can't go our way all the time.

I did finish the meet with a nice profit though, and although I love Timonium, that doesn't happen very often.

For some reason, I forgot to go up to the booth and say hi to the guys, so if any of you are reading this, sorry about that.

Only proximity was able make it out, and that was on opening day, so maybe next year things will work out for the other guys. We almost had a new PA member show up, but his schedule changed at the last minute.

The meet was very successful with regard to entries, handle, and excellent weather (except for Sunday on the final weekend). Word is that Timonium may try to get some additional days next year due to this year's success.

So long Timonium, I hope to see you again in about 50 weeks!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:33 PM   #21
proximity

sorry i couldn't make it more days but congratulations on the winning meet!!