Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-21-2020, 12:30 PM   #91
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

De-Trumpitize the supreme court

Thread title says it all......some people are so totally wacked out they make no sense at all.

I thing people like this nut should go in the first round of those we put into interment camps.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #92
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And just what "travesty" would that be?
Not up holding the constitution.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2020, 01:29 PM   #93
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
McConnell is doing EXACTLY what the Constitution gives him the right to do. He can move forward or not at all. Both are within his purview and right. You need to remember and take to heart what you demi-God Obama once said over and over again. We on the right have taken his lesson to heart and think about it each and every day.

"elections have consequences"

Last edited by tucker6; 09-21-2020 at 01:31 PM.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2020, 01:47 PM   #94
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
McConnell is doing EXACTLY what the Constitution gives him the right to do. He can move forward or not at all. Both are within his purview and right. You need to remember and take to heart what you demi-God Obama once said over and over again. We on the right have taken his lesson to heart and think about it each and every day.

"elections have consequences"
His "right to do so " in this case and based on his previous "right to so" is capricious, and perhaps a violation of his duty. Eventually the courts may decide, I know the elections will. Then so be it, consequences and all.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
Old 09-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #95
boxcar

Quote:
Which party is not upholding the Constitution?
Old 09-21-2020, 01:57 PM   #96
formula_2002
what an easy game.

I see Eisenhower made at least two recess appointments to the supreme court
Not sure he call the senate into recess to do so, as trump claims he would. I took one course in constitutional law. They will have to update the course. I can imagine the banter going on in today's classes

Winston Churchill
Old 09-21-2020, 02:02 PM   #97
OntheRail

Quote:
His "right to do so " in this case and based on his previous "right to so" is capricious, and perhaps a violation of his duty. Eventually the courts may decide, I know the elections will. Then so be it, consequences and all.
YEP they do.

Gee just think if the Democrats had not removed the 60 vote threshold for confirmation.. has that chicken come home to roost.

Cry me a river... or do you have tears in yer beer... then again could be whisky reasoning. It election season let the booze flow.

All Constitutional rights and privileges have be followed by the Right. While the Left has adused them for years.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:11 PM   #98
formula_2002
what an easy game.

I see that congress is scheduled for a recess in 12 days. I'm not certain if that is possible with all the financial situations that need resolutions. Hold on to your seats. No pun intended

Winston Churchill

Last edited by formula_2002; 09-21-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:14 PM   #99
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
The senate refused to even bring up Obama's nominee for a vote. Now they've changed their tune.
Too bad. So sad.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #100
stuball

game over

McConnell bamboozled them by using their rule change against them and they are frustrated... I get that but that does not change a thing. If they decide to IMPEACH again the congress members will be locked in and unable to campaign.. stupid is as stupid does...
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2020, 02:22 PM   #101
tucker6

Quote:
I see that congress is scheduled for a recess in 12 days. I'm not certain if that is possible with all the financial situations that need resolutions. Hold on to your seats. No pun intended
Speak to Nancy about that. She's the one dragging her feet on help to the average Joe. There's a deal out there for her to take. What's the holdup? Instead she's focusing on the supreme court, of which she has ZERO responsibility. She needs to stay in her lane and do her job.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:25 PM   #102
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball View Post
McConnell bamboozled them by using their rule change against them and they are frustrated... I get that but that does not change a thing. If they decide to IMPEACH again the congress members will be locked in and unable to campaign.. stupid is as stupid does...
I still don't understand impeachment talk. Even constitutional scholars are baffled. Until the senate removes him from office, the president can nominate anyone he wants. The senate can take any action they wish. They can approve a scotus pick and then move on to an impeachment trial. There is zero advantage for the dems in starting another impeachment process. The GOP would greatly benefit by another impeachment fiasco, so I'm certainly not against Nancy trying it.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:58 PM   #103
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
I still don't understand impeachment talk. Even constitutional scholars are baffled. Until the senate removes him from office, the president can nominate anyone he wants. The senate can take any action they wish. They can approve a scotus pick and then move on to an impeachment trial. There is zero advantage for the dems in starting another impeachment process. The GOP would greatly benefit by another impeachment fiasco, so I'm certainly not against Nancy trying it.
Many on the left aren't crazy about her either. She's pretty much governed the democratic party (with help from assholes like Schumer and Harry Reid) and put the party in the pathetic nature it has itself in now. She's always been a bully, failed her district in Calif. and threw it under the bus, and created turmoil in just about anything she ever touched.
If there were ever a monster roaming politics...it would be her.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2020, 02:59 PM   #104
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Why should Trump give any quarter to the sworn enemies of the People of the U.S. and our Constitution? Or for that matter why should Trump ignore strong precedent?
The short answer is, to give himself a better chance of winning the election. It's no slam dunk at the moment and unless the dems over play their hand on replacing RBG immediately, the momentum could swing Blue for a change

Suburban housewives were swinging our way given the fact their nearby metro areas are being burned to the ground. No need to give dems momentum
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2020, 03:07 PM   #105
ElKabong

Quote:
The voice is Nancy's, from yesterday morning

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply