Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #46
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Are you accusing PA of lying about a member of this board asserting that PA should be hanged for supporting the President?

Would it not be irresponsible to out the member for the vile comment, possibly exposing the perpetrator to backlash from other members?
If you read my post as carefully as you crafted your reply...then you would have noticed your obvious mistake in your interpretation of my reply to PA.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #47
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No, he's not.
Sounds like it to me. Otherwise why does he want the name of the member as proof for your assertion?
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Sounds like it to me. Otherwise why does he want the name of the member as proof for your assertion?
Why would he accuse me of anything when it was all written out in public last night. You obviously missed the thread where all this went down.

It's the now closed thread where I announced thaskalos as the new moderator in off-topic.

Everything can be found there.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #49
thaskalos

Quote:
PA said that there were "more like him on this board"...who felt the same way about PA. THAT'S what I was objecting to...and THAT'S whose names I asked him to reveal. Do you honestly believe that we have a group of "idealists" here who would like to see PA "hanged" for his political views?

I make the occasional interpretation mistake here because English is my SECOND language. What's YOUR excuse?
Old 07-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #50
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If you read my post as carefully as you crafted your reply...then you would have noticed your obvious mistake in your interpretation of my reply to PA.

Your words.

.....was irresponsible on your part, IMO. Unless, of course, you can actually name the PA posters who you feel wish you to be hanged for your Trump alliance.

Why would it be irresponsible? Why would PA have to name the member? It would be irresponsible if PA was lying to inflame more rhetoric, which means PA lied.

There is no need for proof via a name without an accusation of lying.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I never thought we had ANY people like this. So if we have one, I am going to assume, for my safety's sake anyway, that we probably have more.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:38 PM   #52
thaskalos

Quote:
Examples please. Examples of group harassment of Obama's administration officials in public places, antifa like violence, on college campuses, protesting certain progressive speakers, republican congressperson calling for violence against Obama's administration and its supporters, the shooting of a group of democrat congressmen, while they participated in a group social event.
You must have learned the tap-dancing routine from Boxcar. We were initially talking about "wishing harm to presidents and their supporters"...and now you are taking it down an entirely different path. Sorry...but I'm not interested in playing the goalpost-moving game.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #53
thaskalos

Quote:
Your words.

.....was irresponsible on your part, IMO. Unless, of course, you can actually name the PA posters who you feel wish you to be hanged for your Trump alliance.

Why would it be irresponsible? Why would PA have to name the member? It would be irresponsible if PA was lying to inflame more rhetoric, which means PA lied.

There is no need for proof via a name without an accusation of lying.
Why don't you reproduce the ENTIRETY of my prior post?
Old 07-18-2018, 02:40 PM   #54
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I never thought we had ANY people like this. So if we have one, I am going to assume, for my safety's sake anyway, that we probably have more.
That's why I am here. If we have MORE of these guys here...then they'll have to go through me first.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:40 PM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Enough. No need to waste any more of your time thaskalos. I responded to your post more than once. That should be enough for everyone.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #56
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
That's why I am here. If we have MORE of these guys here...then they'll have to go through me first.
Gotta start working on that safe room.

I'm a total snowflake now.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #57
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
PA said that there were "more like him on this board"...who felt the same way about PA. THAT'S what I was objecting to...and THAT'S whose names I asked him to reveal. Do you honestly believe that we have a group of "idealists" here who would like to see PA "hanged" for his political views?

I make the occasional interpretation mistake here because English is my SECOND language. What's YOUR excuse?
I don't need an excuse, I read your words and I explained why I said what I said. I give you leeway due to English being your second language, but this time the second language criteria does not come into play as evidenced by your above text. You know how to express yourself context wise.

I believe PA, I don't doubt there are certain idealists on this board, who would like to see violence perpetrated against PA due to his politics.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #58
thaskalos

Quote:
I don't need an excuse, I read your words and I explained why I said what I said. I give you leeway due to English being your second language, but this time the second language criteria does not come into play as evidenced by your above text. You know how to express yourself context wise.

I believe PA, I don't doubt there are certain idealists on this board, who would like to see violence perpetrated against PA due to his politics.
Is this how observant you are here? Do you honestly BELIEVE me when I use my "English is my second language" excuse? From what you've seen of my posts on this site...you really notice that I have a "weakness" in the English department"?

You give me "leeway due to English being my second language"?
Old 07-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #59
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Why don't you reproduce the ENTIRETY of my prior post?
Okay your entire post.

Maybe...but you said yesterday that there were plenty of those like him ON THIS BOARD...and that was irresponsible on your part, IMO. Unless, of course, you can actually name the PA posters who you feel wish you to be hanged for your Trump alliance.

Again what does it change? Let's parcel it. " Maybe...but you said yesterday that there were plenty of those like him ON THIS BOARD...and that was irresponsible on your part, IMO"

Your above statement states this, in my opinion you are irresponsible by saying there are plenty like him on this board.

Are you claiming, by your above sentence, PA is being irresponsible for the telling the truth about what a member told PA. If PA is being truthful why do we need as proof the name of the member? If PA is telling the truth why is it irresponsible?
Old 07-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #60
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
You must have learned the tap-dancing routine from Boxcar. We were initially talking about "wishing harm to presidents and their supporters"...and now you are taking it down an entirely different path. Sorry...but I'm not interested in playing the goalpost-moving game.
You don't think this board reflects the real world?