Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-11-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
highnote

Tim Tebow MLB

Tebow should forget about trying to play in the major leagues.

He should switch to Rugby Sevens and try to help U.S. win a gold medal in 2020.

He would be perfect for Rugby Sevens -- size, speed, strengths, athleticism.

He would be a global star, not just a U.S. star.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
Tor Ekman

He should head north - Canadian Football
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #3
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
I say become a jockey
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #4
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
For whatever reason, he won't do play Canadian football. Warren Moon and Doug Flutie had good success in Canada. They honed their craft and became excellent NFL QBs.

Tebow is perfect for Rugby Sevens. He would become an internationally known athlete and he could help the U.S. win a gold medal in 2020. He seems to crave the spotlight more than he needs money.

He would make a fortune just from endorsements if he played Rugby Sevens.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
MutuelClerk

Seems like a church league is the perfect fit....
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Why go to Canada when he makes money as an announcer and analyst here? He's also on a tv show in prime time.

I hope he makes it in baseball.......
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2016, 09:28 PM   #7
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Why go to Canada when he makes money as an announcer and analyst here? He's also on a tv show in prime time.

I hope he makes it in baseball.......

It would be fun to see him play in the majors. But I still think he would be great at Rugby Sevens.

Nate Ebner plays for the NE Patriots and also plays on the U.S. Rugby Sevens Olympic team. He is an outstanding rugby player. He scored their final goal and they almost made it to the medal round, but needed two more points. Ebner missed the extra point kick that would have gotten them into the semis.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:50 PM   #8
kingfin66
Bombardier

Is there anybody out there who actually thinks Tebow can be a baseball player other than Tebow himself? He still thinks be can be an NFL quarterback as well. There are guys out there who were good players in college who could not hit a lick in even the lowest levels of the minor leagues. Russell Wilson is one guy that comes to mind. I cannot envision any team signing Tebow except as a publicity stunt.

Baseball is a hard game.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #9
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
Is there anybody out there who actually thinks Tebow can be a baseball player other than Tebow himself? He still thinks be can be an NFL quarterback as well. There are guys out there who were good players in college who could not hit a lick in even the lowest levels of the minor leagues. Russell Wilson is one guy that comes to mind. I cannot envision any team signing Tebow except as a publicity stunt.

Baseball is a hard game.
If he ends up getting a contract, but getting sent down to minors, how will he feel about riding on a cramped bus to the games and sleeping in flea bag hotels?
Old 08-11-2016, 10:33 PM   #10
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
For whatever reason, he won't do play Canadian football. Warren Moon and Doug Flutie had good success in Canada. They honed their craft and became excellent NFL QBs.

Tebow is perfect for Rugby Sevens. He would become an internationally known athlete and he could help the U.S. win a gold medal in 2020. He seems to crave the spotlight more than he needs money.

He would make a fortune just from endorsements if he played Rugby Sevens.
Moon and Flutie were both good enough to play in the Nfl without going to Canada.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2016, 11:21 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66

Baseball is a hard game.
I've read two scouts who were following him before he quit playing, that have come out and said they think he has a real shot. Russell Wilson gets invited to spring training every year. He must have something going on.......
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2016, 03:22 AM   #12
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
Moon and Flutie were both good enough to play in the Nfl without going to Canada.
Moon and Flutie both got better by getting CFL experience.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:31 PM   #13
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
Moon? Definitely. Flutie? You take the 1986 Chicago Bears defense, which statistically was BETTER than the 1985 defense, but replace Jim McMahon with Flutie against the Redskins and what happens? The Redskins win.

Flutie had 3 seasons in the NFL starting 10 or more games. His QB ratings for those seasons? 87, 75 and 72. That is a guy who should not be starting in the NFL.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2016, 01:38 PM   #14
Tor Ekman

Undrafted Jeff Garcia is probably the best example of a guy who honed his skills in the CFL as pathway to the NFL, which showed no interest in Garcia coming out of college. Joe Theismann also went that route but his opting for the CFL was driven by contract negotiations. Joe Kapp is another guy opted for the CFL after the Redskins drafted him but didn't offer him a contract.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2016, 09:27 PM   #15
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I've read two scouts who were following him before he quit playing, that have come out and said they think he has a real shot. Russell Wilson gets invited to spring training every year. He must have something going on.......
I would be willing to read that if you can post links. Factually speaking, he hit .230 in the Northwest League (short season A) and .228 in the South Atlantic League (low A). This demonstrated lack of talent at the professional baseball level earned him a release and he made a great decision to return to college football. NC State did not want him back and he landed at Wisconsin. The rest is history. His other option would have been to continue to pursue his baseball dreams by playing in a semi-pro league for a team such as Vic's Pittsurg Diamonds. Those leagues/teams are filled with guys who were not good enough to make it. Any scout who seriously thinks he can be a major league baseball player should not be a scout.

Please don't take this as me trying to tear Russell down. I live in the Seattle area and absolutely love him. The best things that have happened to Seattle football in the recent past are Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson. As far as being a baseball player goes, I would say that Russ is a helluva an NFL quarterback.

As far as his spring training invitations go, you do understand that he has been in the Texas Rangers camp for like one or two days at a time right? He takes some grounders, signs autographs, does not appear in games, and then goes back to what he was doing before camp. He does not attend camp as a serious player trying to make the team. I can provide links about these experiences, but they are very easy to find.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply