Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-22-2018, 09:30 AM   #166
chadk66

The Tariffs won't last long.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #167
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
No, tariffs will harm consumers at the cost of helping a few protected industries, like steel makers. They will increase the cost of living to all of us. You and other tariff fans never address those issues, or try to prove them wrong.
Tariffs won't do any such thing Mr Chicken Little. Keep shouting that the sky is falling.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #168
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Tariffs won't do any such thing Mr Chicken Little. Keep shouting that the sky is falling.
You keep saying that without any facts to support it except faith in The Donald.

Trump's own people said during the campaign that the tariffs would increase the cost of living 10-15%.

Quote:
According to Team Trump, Trump’s import tax would force Americans to pay 10 to 15 percent more for food, clothing, shoes, electronics, and other basic necessities.
http://thefederalist.com/2016/03/01/...-middle-class/

Every tariff already in place has increased the prices of goods affected, including the prices of domestic products. American producers, such as steel makers, have increased their prices under the protection of tariffs on imported competition.

Quote:
U.S. steel prices have risen sharply since President Donald Trump’s decision to impose tariffs on the metal, the Federal Reserve said Wednesday in its survey of regional economic conditions.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...mp-tariffs-fed

Tariffs have to raise the prices of imported goods to work, and that results in higher prices on domestic goods. It's basic economics. Higher import prices make consumers more likely to buy domestic goods at higher prices than they were paying for cheap imports. And domestic producers can charge more than they were, because they are no longer facing the competition of cheap imports.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #169
hcap

N matter which polls are examined, the major ingredient is how many Democrats and Republicans there are.

Looks like repugs are beginning to dwindle
(along with Fox News audience) of course
Not to bring up long term demographics.

According to the Pew Research Center, Republican Party identification fell 3 points, to 26 percent, from 2016 to the end of 2017. The number of self-identified independents increased at the same time, from 34 percent to 37 percent, while the number of Democrats remained steady. Gallup shows a similar change: From November 2016 to November 2017, there was a 5-point drop in the number of people who called themselves Republicans, from 42 percent to 37 percent. Democratic self-identification remained unchanged at 44 percent.

Faux Noos viewers, and Repugs, read it and weep..

Party Identification Trends, 1992-2017
http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/...nds-1992-2017/

Last edited by hcap; 07-23-2018 at 01:33 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #170
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Weep? That's a liberal thing, right?
Old 07-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #171
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
The word is "amuse".
The sentiment is the same.

I would normally be more than happy to remind you of all your incorrect analysis and commentary, while also reminding you of all the times I was correct, but that would be very boring.

You do a good job all by your lonesome boring and amusing all your PA OT friends.

Have a nice day.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #172
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Weep? That's a liberal thing, right?
How about bitch and moan instead?
Old 07-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #173
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
How about bitch and moan instead?

Speaking of bitch, the witch Hillary, how are you going to explain/excuse the truth about her and the depraved, wicked, and murderous life that will very soon be revealed?......You're in a huge hole Hcap, I would seriously consider dialing it back a bunch....Trump will keep his promise, she's going to jail, at the minimum...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #174
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Speaking of bitch, the witch Hillary, how are you going to explain/excuse the truth about her and the depraved, wicked, and murderous life that will very soon be revealed?......You're in a huge hole Hcap, I would seriously consider dialing it back a bunch....Trump will keep his promise, she's going to jail, at the minimum...
It is only a matter of time. The cult leader Bernie Sanders and his little attractive follower are splitting what is left of the democrat party.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2018, 10:43 AM   #175
hcap

Excuse me sycophants and Trump toadies.
Here's Gallop..

Democrats hold 44% to 37% advantage in party identification and leaning

Have led by five to nine percentage points throughout 2017

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Forty-four percent of U.S. adults identify as Democrats or are independents who lean to the Democratic Party, while 37% are Republican identifiers or leaners. Democrats have maintained an edge of between five and nine percentage points on this measure of party affiliation throughout 2017, after holding a narrow advantage in late 2016.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/223124/...campaign=tiles
Old 07-24-2018, 11:18 AM   #176
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
I would normally be more than happy to remind you of all your incorrect analysis and commentary, while also reminding you of all the times I was correct, but that would be very boring.
Weak dodge of the issues. To repeat myself from a few posts back in this thread,

Quote:
Trump's own people said during the campaign that the tariffs would increase the cost of living 10-15%.
I agree with this statement, and have often explained why it is true. You keep ignoring it and making personal attacks on any one here so blasphemous as to say anything negative about The Donald.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #177
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Weak dodge of the issues. To repeat myself from a few posts back in this thread,

I agree with this statement, and have often explained why it is true. You keep ignoring it and making personal attacks on any one here so blasphemous as to say anything negative about The Donald.
Again wrong, clocker.

I do not give a crap about your hatred toward Trump -- truly, you and your opinions of him mean nothing to me.

But not once did you ever post stuff such as the EU hitting US companies with 25-30 percent tariffs while the US only levies 2% tariffs. Trump wants to re-balance this by increasing tariffs of EU products to narrow the $150 billion deficit. The EU will come around just like they are coming around on NATO payments.

Same with what China is doing. Where were your posts about China's criminality of stealing IP, manipulating their currency, paying off US congressmen, mostly Republicans for un-fair trade deals? Or the hundreds of billions in annual trade deficits? Not one word from you of any criticism.

As I have said many times ... the EU and Chinese economy have been cratering and they will come around to Trump and make trade deals that will benefit the USA.

They have more to lose by these 'high' tariffs than the US will. The same goes for Mexico, Japan and Canada. Trump and the USA will eventually win every so-called trade war before all is said and done. I am sure you'll appreciate this when it happens -- ha.

If you think Trump's tariffs are high and will hurt the consumer, then how come you never advocated zero tariffs on all goods and services throughout the entire world?

The first time the word reciprocity was ever uttered on this site was by me, but then that shouldn't surprise anyone. You could have been the one and only poster to do so, but you never did. Could your silence be because you simply hate Trump, who also is advocating reciprocity?

So, hate Trump all you want. You want to denounce me for making personal attacks toward you and that other genius, be my guest. But both of you guys are not the experts you claim to be and you both haven't upped your game since the summer of 2015.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2018, 02:51 PM   #178
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
I do not give a crap about your hatred toward Trump -- truly, you and your opinions of him mean nothing to me.

I don't hate Trump, I feel sorry for him, but not as much as I feel sorry for what he is doing to the economy. He is in way over his head, he is clueless about economics and tariffs, and his advisors who did know about these things all bailed out because he would not listen. And now he is being guided by Peter Navarro, the clown who told him that there would be no international reaction to the steel tariffs.

And he and his fan boys are clueless about trade deficits. He is trying to run a country like you would run a real estate company, and that is totally wrong. Trade deficits can be healthy for an economy, and in our present position, they are healthy. Manufacturing output in real terms in this country hit an all-time high last quarter. And Trump has been whining since forever about the trade deficit and how it is killing our manufacturing sector.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:35 PM   #179
davew

Ocasio-Cortez making the rounds with Bernie wanting to flip seats RED

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2018, 10:57 PM   #180
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Bernie is just happy people are still talking about him.

Soon enough, they will jettison him as he is not far-left enough...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: