Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-03-2019, 10:28 AM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ring in the new.....

Dems take over the House today, January 3, 2019.
Nancy Pelosi is heading back as we speak!

Old 01-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Is there going to be another pic of her with a giant gavel? I miss that...

Old 01-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Looks like most of the outgoing Republicans have landed on their feet.Wishing them luck in their new careers.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #4
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
At what age do you think those young fools -- err, I mean, children -- will learn that they were nothing but suckers used as props by a vulgar, vain and stupid woman?
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 05:14 PM   #6
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

The newfound Dem hungry's with their "for 'Murica" strategy:

1. Impeach Trump
2. Call for last 10 years of Trump tax returns
3. Further investigations into Trump, his family, and anybody that walked within 3 feet of him since he was born
4. Save Mueller investigation (never knew it was in danger)

5. Save Ocrapcare (glad I get to keep my doctor)

6. Campaign funding restrictions (shooting selves in own foot)

7. Voter rights for anybody alive in America that can walk
8. Gun reform (They've worked so well in the past)

9. Climate change which will increase gas prices, increase taxes on businesses, and funnel funding to "green" friendly companies
10. More sanctions on Russia (that always works )

In short. Tax and spend and spend and tax and tax and spend and tax some more. Can't wait for the $32 Trillion Sanders/Ocasio healthcare for everybody on the planet bill.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #7
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
The newfound Dem hungry's with their "for 'Murica" strategy:

1. Impeach Trump
2. Call for last 10 years of Trump tax returns
3. Further investigations into Trump, his family, and anybody that walked within 3 feet of him since he was born
4. Save Mueller investigation (never knew it was in danger)

5. Save Ocrapcare (glad I get to keep my doctor)

6. Campaign funding restrictions (shooting selves in own foot)

7. Voter rights for anybody alive in America that can walk
8. Gun reform (They've worked so well in the past)

9. Climate change which will increase gas prices, increase taxes on businesses, and funnel funding to "green" friendly companies
10. More sanctions on Russia (that always works )

In short. Tax and spend and spend and tax and tax and spend and tax some more. Can't wait for the $32 Trillion Sanders/Ocasio healthcare for everybody on the planet bill.
Has something recently changed? Since when does the House of Representatives have any power?

Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell have shown that the house can pass HUNDREDS of bills and the Senate does not even bring them up for discussion, let alone vote on them.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #8
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
At what age do you think those old fools -- err, I mean, PA Trumpers -- will learn that they were nothing but suckers used as props by a vulgar, vain and stupid con-man?
FTFY

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #9
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Has something recently changed? Since when does the House of Representatives have any power?

Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell have shown that the house can pass HUNDREDS of bills and the Senate does not even bring them up for discussion, let alone vote on them.

Doesn't stop 'em from trying.

As for investigations? They can do their own, and will till November 2020 while Trump is in office.

The MSM has a massive effect on the masses. R's in the Senate will flip. Hell, you may as well put a (D) next to Romney's name; and don't be surprised if he rallies troops to oppose Trump.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #10
elysiantraveller

Quote:

As for investigations? They can do their own, and will till November 2020 while Trump is in office.

The MSM has a massive effect on the masses. R's in the Senate will flip. Hell, you may as well put a (D) next to Romney's name; and don't be surprised if he rallies troops to oppose Trump.
He's been such a great negotiator so far... I can't believe they might start to flake...

Also:

Gardner, Romney, Collins, Murkowski (you would have to assume)...

That's the 50+1 to get the CRs back into the Senate where the wheels really come off of the party.

I know... I know... you'll blame everyone not named Trump but the destruction he is causing the GOP right now will be felt for the next couple of cycles.

Don't say I didn't warn ya...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #11
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
He's been such a great negotiator so far... I can't believe they might start to flake...

Also:

Gardner, Romney, Collins, Murkowski (you would have to assume)...

That's the 50+1 to get the CRs back into the Senate where the wheels really come off of the party.

I know... I know... you'll blame everyone not named Trump but the destruction he is causing the GOP right now will be felt for the next couple of cycles.

Don't say I didn't warn ya...
Our media has done more damage than anything, and yes, you know that.

92 to 93% anti-Trump. All the majors and CNN, MSNBC, NY Times. WaPo, you name it. 2 major states in NY and CA.

Only one in his corner is Fox News, and they are labeled as "Faux News" and "State Media" by anybody on the Left (kind of funny actually how State Media can be 1% of the....media). Without any doubt, an (R) has an uphill battle nowadays, and it will only get worse.

While the Dems only own the house, they own so much more than that. Our press has long been the actual State media. Has been for decades, and keeps leaning further left by the day, month, year.

Dems in the House can oppose anything and everything they want and our press will eat it up. They'll never get a bad review other than the 'supposed' enemy that is "Faux News". Our MSM is foaming at the mouth for more Trump investigations. DC hates the guy. The media centers of NY, LA hate the guy.

I'll honestly be surprised if Trump survives impeachment in 2019.

Would be sad. Not that I love Trump; it would be sad for our country. We are starting to lean so far left with our masses of idiots it truly is scary. 50 - 60% taxes don't look to be all that far away to me.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:53 PM   #12
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Our media has done more damage than anything, and yes, you know that.

92 to 93% anti-Trump. All the majors and CNN, MSNBC, NY Times. WaPo, you name it. 2 major states in NY and CA.

Only one in his corner is Fox News, and they are labeled as "Faux News" and "State Media" by anybody on the Left (kind of funny actually how State Media can be 1% of the....media). Without any doubt, an (R) has an uphill battle nowadays, and it will only get worse.

While the Dems only own the house, they own so much more than that. Our press has long been the actual State media. Has been for decades, and keeps leaning further left by the day, month, year.

Dems in the House can oppose anything and everything they want and our press will eat it up. They'll never get a bad review other than the 'supposed' enemy that is "Faux News". Our MSM is foaming at the mouth for more Trump investigations. DC hates the guy. The media centers of NY, LA hate the guy.

I'll honestly be surprised if Trump survives impeachment in 2019.

Would be sad. Not that I love Trump; it would be sad for our country. We are starting to lean so far left with our masses of idiots it truly is scary. 50 - 60% taxes don't look to be all that far away to me.
Quick... lets talk about the press!

Nothing to see here when it comes to the White House though... couldn't possibly the "Great Negotiator" actually really sucking at... you know... negotiating...

So far "left"... lol...

Compare Trump on trade to Bernie or Brown.

Compare his incoherent babbling about Syria with the video I posted about Warren... my gosh they sound alike.

Remember when Trump was a Democrat?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 01-03-2019 at 06:55 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #13
davew

Quote:

Nunes found corruption and laws broken by the dims with the steele dossier .. nothing has happened really except the Mueller probe continues, and a few of the corrupt individuals in DOJ/FBI have quit or fired.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:01 PM   #14
davew

Quote:

Nothing to see here when it comes to the White House though... couldn't possibly the "Great Negotiator" actually really sucking at... you know... negotiating...

So far "left"... lol...

Compare his incoherent babbling about Syria with the video I posted about Warren... my gosh they sound alike.

not much negotiating going on when one side says my way or the highway.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:14 PM   #15
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

So far "left"... lol...

You mean the Afghanistan and Syria wars that were going on when Dumbocrats voted for Obama to pull them out from 10 years ago? That Syria? And those campaign promises... TWICE?

Trump tries to actually pull out troops and it is mass world hysteria.

China is failing and on to their worst GDP in the last 5 years, and effecting global markets. Hurts now for American investors, but our pockets are much deeper. While it should have been done 20 years ago, we are biting the bullet now. Sometimes you simply have to outlast your opponent to make the change you need.