Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
HHE10
BANNED

Cool Uploading Photos

Im not stupid on how to upload photos, but for some reason when I wanted to upload some of my Foiled Again photos from this past Saturday, it says "Uploading files- please wait". And I waited like 10 minutes and it still doesn't work. Wondering if anyone else had any problems with this. Thanks
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #2
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHE10 View Post
Im not stupid on how to upload photos, but for some reason when I wanted to upload some of my Foiled Again photos from this past Saturday, it says "Uploading files- please wait". And I waited like 10 minutes and it still doesn't work. Wondering if anyone else had any problems with this. Thanks
When the image is to large it times out. Resize one and try it.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
MutuelClerk

Good luck HHE10. My friends took a pic with Foiled Again at the Jug this year. It's their Christmas Card and proudly on my Christmas tree.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
Suff
Beat up 💪

Another solution is to host the image somewhere else and use that URL in PA's image upload User interface..

Go here, there is no registration or account required...

https://imgbb.com/

1. Select Start Uploading
2. Upload the Photo that you want to share on PA.

3. Once its uploaded, you need to choose...BB FULL LINKED from the drop down menu as show here..

4. COPY THAT LINK.. There is a little copy button on the right you can use easily.

5. Come back to Paceadvantage with the link and click upload a photo ...and paste that link into the box and click ok. *first remove the pre-populated "http://" in the box or just paste over it

Click OK... Then select preview post, and you should see your image in the body of the new post. You can then use the other features such as centering, left/margin, title it, etc.. and then click submit... and Wah-Lah...

Side note: One of the reasons I prefer this method of posting images is that your Photo is displayed to all people who visit the thread. When a PA member uses the traditional upload feature, then those images are only displayed to LOGGED IN MEMBERS....

Images that are uploaded in the manner that I have described are avaiable to all visitors, members and guests,
Old 12-24-2018, 04:15 PM   #5
HHE10
BANNED

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Good luck HHE10. My friends took a pic with Foiled Again at the Jug this year. It's their Christmas Card and proudly on my Christmas tree.

Yes thank you, can't wait for you to see my photos !!
Old 12-24-2018, 04:18 PM   #6
HHE10
BANNED

[IMG]
molecular weight of aluminium sulphate[/IMG]
Old 12-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #7
HHE10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
Another solution is to host the image somewhere else and use that URL in PA's image upload User interface..
Thank you it worked
Old 12-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #8
HHE10
BANNED

[IMG]
molecular weight of aluminium sulphate[/IMG]
Old 12-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #9
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHE10 View Post
Thank you it worked
You're welcome. Those are excellent pictures that you should post in the Harness Forum as well.

More Info.

Do you see how your pasted images include a 2nd link? And its displayed underneath the photograph of Foiled Again? It shows molecular weight of aluminium sulphate

I always remove those 2nd links before I post the image here.

Imgbb.com does not offer free image hosting because their just nice people... they are actually business people, or more precisely, they're farmers.

But they don't grow food, they grow links. And when you copied the link in its entirety you brought not just the link to your hosted photograph, but also, you brought the link to aluminumsulfate.net/aluminum-nitrate and now its linked here on PA.

The primary benefit of that is NOT that PA members will click on the link. The primary benefit is for search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and others.

Google et al ,use links to establish an authority for a web site. The more links a site has, the more that Googles search ranking algorithm "trusts" the site. Therefore Google will surface that website in searches more often and higher in the search results.

And if you look at that site, you'll see there are advertisements placed everywhere, and the site owner gets paid when those ads are clicked on, or perhaps the site owner also owns the advertised sites as well.

Its harmless, and it takes 100's if not 1000's of links to influence Google. Additionally Google has tools to identify inorganic links. Google then underweights or fully blacklists the website for that tactic.

Links have value.... and the amount of links, and where it is placed increase its value.

A link from PA to the Paulick Report has value, a link from Drf.com to pacedvanatage.com has value. If you are a plumber, and you get a link on paceadvantage it has value, but less value because PA is about Horse Racing and not about plumbing...

Its all a big game known as "Search Engine Marketing"... or SEO "Search Engine Optimization".

Somebody has paid Imgbb.com to farm links for them.
I made some money doing these things so I have a basic understanding of it.

Last edited by Suff; 12-24-2018 at 05:43 PM.