Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:51 PM   #646
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I'm not the one that brought up my background, tucker did. A frequent tactic here: if you can't refute the content, attack the poster.

I didn't know that I had a relationship to Ely or why it matters. Yet another personal deflection from the issues.

Half the country is not with Trump. The last poll I saw was 55% disapprove, 40% approve.

Those policies will not continue for 2 more years if he can't work with the opposition, an ability he has never shown to date.
Polls are crap, everything that you have posted is fair game.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 01:57 PM   #647
chadk66

Even the most hard core conservative would probably grant amnesty if the price was worth it.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #648
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
Even the most hard core conservative would probably grant amnesty if the price was worth it.
I can not agree, if the base of your support is against amnesty you have no choice. If the base of your party is not with you, you can not be President.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #649
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I can not agree, if the base of your support is against amnesty you have no choice. If the base of your party is not with you, you can not be President.
The illegals are already here and will NEVER be sent back. Under those circumstances you might as well maximize what you can for a defacto situation. Not sure what the no amnesty crowd is looking for here. They aren't getting expelled so what is the goal? I don't like illegal immigration but we aren't going back and kicking people out either that have been here 10 years.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #650
chadk66

Quote:
i think they’d cave given the right deal.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 03:06 PM   #651
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
The illegals are already here and will NEVER be sent back. Under those circumstances you might as well maximize what you can for a defacto situation. Not sure what the no amnesty crowd is looking for here. They aren't getting expelled so what is the goal? I don't like illegal immigration but we aren't going back and kicking people out either that have been here 10 years.
If a "Dreamer" commits a crime and is subject to deportation sometimes 4 or 5 others in that dreamers family are also subject to deportation. I think the "amnesty crowd" objects to the end of chain migration. And what President Donald J. Trump represents in what he has said what he will do, As Mike has shown everyone here in another thread with a video is the President just did not come up with these ideas overnight. His ideas have been rolling around in his head for some time, they fear him because he systematically does what he says. Maybe not in order or in whole but he does what he says one piece at at time, imagine that a politican doing what he said.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:13 PM   #652
davew

Quote:
He is just kicking the can down the road another 3 years. Something needs to be done to cut down on more getting in NOW...
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 03:18 PM   #653
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
When you put yourself in a corner there isn't really any way to get out...

Right wing media freaks out over "amnesty" so he has to assure them... while assuring Democrats "amnesty" is still on the table...

This is what happens when you pander to the fringe elements of the party Donald.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...77510225727488
Oy Vey!
You typed that with a straight face?
Old 01-20-2019, 03:33 PM   #654
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I've gained a lot of respect for you, Reckless...stay the course!
Apparently, someone disapproved of my comment...received a 'red' card in my 'User CP,' and noted that it was "biased." Biased?? No identifying name or initials, though, which would be appreciated, either way.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 03:36 PM   #655
fast4522

Does not sound logical, has the mod applet been hacked?

Last edited by fast4522; 01-20-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #656
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Oy Vey!
You typed that with a straight face?
ET actually believes it
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #657
MargieRose

Quote:
If a "Dreamer" commits a crime and is subject to deportation sometimes 4 or 5 others in that dreamers family are also subject to deportation. I think the "amnesty crowd" objects to the end of chain migration. And what President Donald J. Trump represents in what he has said what he will do, As Mike has shown everyone here in another thread with a video is the President just did not come up with these ideas overnight. His ideas have been rolling around in his head for some time, they fear him because he systematically does what he says. Maybe not in order or in whole but he does what he says one piece at at time, imagine that a politican doing what he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-_syszg84
The 'Dreamer' damage has already been done, and like Tucker said, they will not be going back. Personally, I don't care about that...way too much time has passed. What I do care about is applying the brakes...applying the brakes to that ludicrous, unlimited 'chain migration,' poorly-defined, non-citizen 'birth rights,' and, of course, all aspects of current and future illegal migration into this country...whether breaking in (where a wall will help), visa overstays or anything else related.

I agree, Fast. Trump has had a lot of pertinent stuff rolling around in his head long before HE (no one else, let alone any of US) decided to do something about it...i.e. get this country back on track, especially after the attempted Obama transformation.

IMO, Trump IS NOT in this for the power; however, the Demos are in this for nothing more...
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 05:28 PM   #658
fast4522

Quote:
The 'Dreamer' damage has already been done, and like Tucker said, they will not be going back. Personally, I don't care about that...way too much time has passed. What I do care about is applying the brakes...applying the brakes to that ludicrous, unlimited 'chain migration,' poorly-defined, non-citizen 'birth rights,' and, of course, all aspects of current and future illegal migration into this country...whether breaking in (where a wall will help), visa overstays or anything else related.

I agree, Fast. Trump has had a lot of pertinent stuff rolling around in his head long before HE (no one else, let alone any of US) decided to do something about it...i.e. get this country back on track, especially after the attempted Obama transformation.

IMO, Trump IS NOT in this for the power; however, the Demos are in this for nothing more...
Well I believe I can give the man a fair grade for on the job training A-, all of them do the OJT for first term. Others will differ because what they want is someone to be like all the rest. It is not the case the President is in a box, but he has to follow the law that can be confining for a lack of a better word. So to not comment on what he dangles in front of a bunch of bottom feeders I will say he is wasting more of their time than his. Being a sharp gal you might suggest its all time for not, we can just talk about that later. I still am not understanding this red card in your user CP yet, I did make a inquiry but have not got something I can chew on. Not that its my biz.

Love your posts, and will figure it out.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:38 PM   #659
Clocker

Quote:
Apparently, someone disapproved of my comment...received a 'red' card in my 'User CP,' and noted that it was "biased." Biased?? No identifying name or initials, though, which would be appreciated, either way.
Red cards come from PA. What you got was a negative "Reputation" rating from another poster.

While pretty much all of us here are anonymous behind user names, the Reputation "feature" allows another layer of anonymity, and does not show the user name of the person rating you.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #660
fast4522

I want in on that, how do I start. I just figured out how to add to last year.