Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-27-2016, 02:52 PM   #31
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I think mostie is thinking of March.
Comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb.....just not sure when it tranistions.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #32
classhandicapper

Thumbs up

Mosty,

Admittedly I haven't been following this story closely because I don't need a sting operation to form a view on Planned Parenthood. However, what I did hear last night was that the only part of the indictment that has any legs is the forged CA licenses because they are not journalists. I consider that nonsense. Besides, an indictment is simply an accusation. It has a much lower standard than a conviction. IMO this is all a political smoke screen trying to deflect negative attention away from PP.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-27-2016 at 04:07 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #33
ebcorde
Veteran

what you all are forgetting

is the show Congress put on attacking Planned Parenthood. proving yet again how incredibly clueless they are.

The complicit members of Congress should be charged also

recall the congressional investigation of the Obamacare website. My co-worker a Java developer was put on that project, so I had a clue what was going on.
And that TV performance was laughable. Went right over Congress head.
and the IT managers testifying were "PLAYING WITH THE TRUTH" IMHO.

ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So you're cool with Planned Parenthood...think there is nothing to this story and that it was entirely manufactured by two people with fake driver licenses and hacked footage?

Come on man...they weren't holding a gun to those Planned Parenthood employees who were spilling all those beans.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 05:07 PM   #35
ebcorde
Veteran

my opinion is

if abortion is ruled illegal what would be the punishment for women who intend to get an abortion. that's all I want to know.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #36
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Whether we like it or not, abortion is legal in the United States. In their obsession with abortion, groups like Centers for Medical Progress used fraud to try and shut down Planned Parenthood.

Planned Parenthood provides 3,600.000 contraceptive services annually.
Planned Parenthood treats 4.500,000 cases of sexually transmitted diseases annually.
Planned Parenthood administers 1,000,000 cancer screenings every year.
Planned Parenthood administers pregnancy tests and provides prenatal care for 1,000,000 clients each year.

3% of Planned Parenthood's services involve abortion.

Planned Parenthood's clientele leans heavily toward the poor and disadvantaged.

Abortion is legal. Yet the anti abortion zealots want to shut down Planned Parenthood, thereby denying women-poor women in particular-access to needed healthcare.
<crickets>

Chirp Chirp
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 05:17 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
<crickets>

Chirp Chirp
Why do we have to point out the obvious?

The videos proved that there are things going on behind the scenes that nobody in the general population was aware of...thus warranting further scrutiny.

You act as if Mostpost just disproved the theory of relativity.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #38
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Mosty,

Admittedly I haven't been following this story closely because I don't need a sting operation to form a view on Planned Parenthood. However, what I did hear last night was that the only part of the indictment that has any legs is the forged CA licenses because they are not journalists. I consider that nonsense. Besides, an indictment is simply an accusation. It has a much lower standard than a conviction. IMO this is all a political smoke screen trying to deflect negative attention away from PP.
if it's a-okay for Illegals to forge documents so it's okay for all.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #39
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
if abortion is ruled illegal what would be the punishment for women who intend to get an abortion. that's all I want to know.
Abortion will never be ruled illegal. And quite frankly, I personally would not want to take away a woman's choice whether or not to carry her baby to term.

Personally, I find abhorrent very late term abortions and partial-birth abortions. I find the cavalier attitude about abortion that the left has cultivated to be absolutely disgusting. Abortion for many is viewed as nothing but a more complicated form of contraception. That's what I object to.

But I don't object to abortion remaining legal minus late term abortions (except in cases where the mother's life is at risk).

I hope this is enough of a stand on this topic to satisfy elysiantraveller. And by the way, this is not the first time I've publicly written that I am not opposed to abortion remaining legal.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #40
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Abortion will never be ruled illegal. And quite frankly, I personally would not want to take away a woman's choice whether or not to carry her baby to term.

Personally, I find abhorrent very late term abortions and partial-birth abortions. I find the cavalier attitude about abortion that the left has cultivated to be absolutely disgusting. Abortion for many is viewed as nothing but a more complicated form of contraception. That's what I object to.

But I don't object to abortion remaining legal minus late term abortions (except in cases where the mother's life is at risk).

I hope this is enough of a stand on this topic to satisfy elysiantraveller. And by the way, this is not the first time I've publicly written that I am not opposed to abortion remaining legal.

that's why I usually avoid this debate they never address the what ifs.

I drive by a Planned Parenthood in west chester pa. mind you just drive by only and my heart beat rises because lots of old coots with signs yell at you.

btw: if anyone was playing GP 5 consecutive 2nd choices won the first 5 legs of the P6 . In the last leg I singled the 11 over the 6.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #41
mostpost

Quote:
In other words, you are pro choice. That does not mean you are pro abortion.

I don't think very many people on the left are cavalier about abortion. I think for most women, it is a choice arrived at only after much thought and anguish. For most it is a choice that they felt was the only choice.

I agree with this but I would add the health of the mother. If it is clear that the potential baby will not survive long after birth and if the health of the mother would be seriously damaged during the birth process, then abortion may be the best option. Who should decide? The only person who has the right to decide is the woman herself in consultation with her physician. This would include a situation where proceeding with the birth would render a woman incapable of having more children. Again I stress that this should be an option only where it is clear that the child will not survive long after birth.

This is the first time I am seeing it.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #42
mostpost

Quote:
Why do we have to point out the obvious?

The videos proved that there are things going on behind the scenes that nobody in the general population was aware of...thus warranting further scrutiny.

You act as if Mostpost just disproved the theory of relativity.
They proved to you what you wanted them to prove, and it did so only because of selective editing. The Harris County Grand Jury had subpoena powers. Therefore they must have had access to the unedited tapes. Their finding was that the unedited tapes told a very different story than the edited tapes. The Grand Jury would also have had access to relevant financial data from Planned Parenthood. They would know how much it cost Planned Parenthood to store and ship fetal samples and they would know how much Planned Parenthood receive from its customers for those samples. Apparently-no, obviously-no profit was made.

From Wikipedia-Planned Parenthood 2015 undercover videos controversy
Multiple states—Georgia, Indiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, South Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Kansas—initiated investigations and none have found that Planned Parenthood clinics have illegally handled tissues as alleged by CMP and Planned Parenthood's adversaries. An investigation by the United States House of Representatives Oversight and Government Reform Committee found no evidence of wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood. In Florida, investigators from the Agency for Health Care Administration found on July 31, 2015, that three Planned Parenthood clinics were performing second-trimester abortions without the proper licenses, and that one clinic was failing to keep proper logs relating to fetal remains. A select committee, the United States House Committee on Energy and Commerce Select Investigative Panel on Planned Parenthood, was formed to further investigate Planned Parenthood. On October 13, 2015, Planned Parenthood announced that they would no longer accept reimbursement for fetal tissue donations. On January 25, 2016, a Texas grand jury indicted CMP founder David Daleiden while finding no wrongdoing with Planned Parenthood.

So we find a few instances of Administrative failure in a few Planned Parenthood clinics. (Failure to have the proper license and failure to maintain the proper logs.)

Despite evidence by at least seven states, the House of Representatives, and a Texas Grand Jury, we find no evidence of illegally handled tissues or have profited from their sale.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #43
classhandicapper

Quote:
IMO, that is the major point.

Whether what PP is doing is legal or not and whether the information was gathered illegally or not is only mildly relevant.

The point is that when many people found out what they are doing they were morally repulsed. So it's appropriate to evaluate what should and should not be legal and more importantly whether it should be taxpayer funded even if abortion remains legal.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #44
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Mosty,

You could have just written, "I've made up my mind already, stop confusing me with the facts."
Old 01-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #45
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
You could have just written, "I've made up my mind already, stop confusing me with the facts."
The facts of this case are only relevant to this case.

I already know enough about Planned Parenthood to make up my mind about it no matter what the facts are about this case.

Is that clearer?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: