Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 08-31-2015, 11:53 PM   #1
chenoa

Awful DQ at Century Downs Saturday Aug.29th Race 3

This may be one of the worst DQ's I have seen.

Judges DQ winner Sing Like An Angel for alleged backing up the field in front of the grandstand.

Can be watched at www.centurydowns.com go to live stream and replays and hit RACE 3 AUGUST 29th, interested in what others think.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:11 AM   #2
Genjoi

He backed up and jammed the trailing horse but I don't think it's worth a DQ?
Genjoi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2015, 02:29 AM   #3
Sinner369

I have to ...................???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjoi
He backed up and jammed the trailing horse but I don't think it's worth a DQ?

I have to agree..........the second quarter is the normal quarter where horses tend to get their breather..........the Q2 was timed in 31/2 which is slow but it was comparable to other races.........I guess this was slow for the class this race (open mares).

The first half was 58/2 and the final half was 56/1 seconds.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:05 AM   #4
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenoa
This may be one of the worst DQ's I have seen.

Judges DQ winner Sing Like An Angel for alleged backing up the field in front of the grandstand.

Can be watched at www.centurydowns.com go to live stream and replays and hit RACE 3 AUGUST 29th, interested in what others think.
I'm not a harness player at all but out of curiousity I watched....what was the lead driver supposed to do if his horse was tiring--get out of the way? If the drivers behind the 5 had horses full of run, why didn't they go around? That DQ seemed pretty bogus.
One other question for the harness players--I see the drivers rocking back and forth on their seats, trying to get momentum going...some of those drivers are sorta "portly" --has one of those seats ever just snapped off mid-race?
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
I'm not a harness player at all but out of curiousity I watched....what was the lead driver supposed to do if his horse was tiring--get out of the way? If the drivers behind the 5 had horses full of run, why didn't they go around? That DQ seemed pretty bogus.
One other question for the harness players--I see the drivers rocking back and forth on their seats, trying to get momentum going...some of those drivers are sorta "portly" --has one of those seats ever just snapped off mid-race?
Not a harness player BUT as a laymen individual watching that race, I would either 1) never make a bet on harness racing again after watching that bogus DQ or 2) Let's just say Roosevelt Raceway in the 1950's......

I would be ticked off.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
chenoa

There are quite a few 30 second plus breathers at this track, and I don't think this is the first time this driver has done this on the front end there.

Having said that though, the driver should either get fine and/or days, a DQ is crazy and the inquiry/dq didn't take more than 3 minutes.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
camluck49

After a 27 sec 1st 1/4 he slowed it down to the half. The horse behind him got on the helmet then faded. Really seemed like a thousand races i have watched before. I would never bet a 5 horse field with a 2/5 fav. If i owned the horse and lost the purse money i would be mad.
camluck49 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2015, 11:17 AM   #8
Sinner369

Should note..................???

Should note on the bigger tracks..........the drivers would pull and go around the leader if he tried to slow it down too much...........in this case there were only four other horses in the race.

And the other drivers just sat there and played follow the leader.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

This type of stuff should never affect the horseplayer, if they want to punish the driver for creating a dangerous situation by slowing the pace too much, why bring the bettors into this?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #10
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
This type of stuff should never affect the horseplayer, if they want to punish the driver for creating a dangerous situation by slowing the pace too much, why bring the bettors into this?
Bettors or Bettor ?

Is there more than $2 in that track's pools?

Just kidding....Couldn't resist.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #11
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Bettors or Bettor ?

Is there more than $2 in that track's pools?

Just kidding....Couldn't resist.
I put the s at the end, gave them the benne
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply