Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-03-2023, 09:05 AM   #1
hracingplyr

You Tube

Has anyone signed up for the NFL YouTube ticket for this season?

Bob
hracingplyr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2023, 03:04 PM   #2
thaskalos

These people are so dumb. $400 for the "NFL Sunday Ticket". Who is interested in watching every single NFL game? If they were smart, they would charge a more reasonable price...and allow the viewers to select the 3-5 games a week that they are interested in and can't see on regular TV.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:20 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
These people are so dumb. $400 for the "NFL Sunday Ticket". Who is interested in watching every single NFL game? If they were smart, they would charge a more reasonable price...and allow the viewers to select the 3-5 games a week that they are interested in and can't see on regular TV.

How could someone on a gambling site, ask such a question?
To answer your question, many people pick all the games in office pools, and pay more attention to their must win games as the day wears on.

I take it you never met a hardcore fantasy player, if you have an NFL watching party they need their own room. There also are these guys that play 15 game teasers, they want to keep an eye on the games that are close.

I got the NFL Sunday Ticket when it first came out on DirecTv. Threatening to cancel got the price dropped where they finally included it with service.
I think I only paid full price once. $400 does seem steep for someone only interested in their favorite team and their division rivals. Not sure how easily you can put that $400 on multiple devices. The package is a moot point for me due to poor internet.

I split it with a roommate the first time, I think it was around $400 the cost savings and increased productivity on that first season would have made $4,000 out of my own pocket worth it. We lived in San Clemente renting a house on the golf course, the long since closed Rose N' Crown English pub was a little over a mile walk and they had all the games. Since prices of beer went ape shit hard to remember the cost of beer 30 years ago.

A buck a piece for an import beer 12 pack seems to ring a bell. I think an import draft was $3 at the pub. Mind you I just got divorced, moved to a beach community, worked a crap load of OT and was a gym rat. Sunday was my day off, I cut lose, ate and drank like a pig and even got more than my normal 4 hours sleep. I spent a minimum of 6 hours there on a Sunday and maybe more. Average consumption was probably a 12 beers a couple shots, always $1 tip, and I also bought a few drinks for the ladies here and there.
Sometimes I even ordered from the kitchen. I would say average tab for a Sunday was $100.

Next year get Sunday Ticket, my share $200. Beer tab at pub $1600 for the regular season, at home $200, saving $1400. Another thing I was restoring a 1971 Chevelle. Instead of occupying a bar stool on Sunday for 6+ hours, I put the TV in the garage on a game and watched while I was working. So that is 6+ hours of car restoration times 16 weeks. Also I did not eat a giant Reuben sandwich and plate of fries for lunch that gave me a food coma. I might have just ate a bologna & cheese for lunch, so it usually ended up 10-12 hours car work on Sunday.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply