Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-03-2019, 11:33 PM   #556
woodtoo

There will never be enough "evidence" for you. Illegal immigrants could kill a thousand Americans a day and cut in line of ten thousand immigrants that have waited years and it still wouldn't matter to you.
Sometimes the proper steps must be taken to stop the insanity before it is too late. Drastic times require drastic measures.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:35 PM   #557
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I was talking about the caravans from Central America, and the 62% of illegals that come in legally. A wall would not stop any of those. I have seen no evidence from Trump or his people that a wall is the best use of resources.

95-98% of Border Patrol officers fully support any border wall/barrier/fence.

Anybody with more than 3 brain cells in their head knows that a border wall/barrier isn't the only, much less ultimate answer.

It is a multi-layered answer that only begins with that barrier.

But hey, you keep thinking that is the only barrier and how every POTUS over the last 40 years has guaranteed border protection and how we somehow have 12 to 24 million illegals living in the United States (and likely more).
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2019, 12:06 AM   #558
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
95-98% of Border Patrol officers fully support any border wall/barrier/fence.

Anybody with more than 3 brain cells in their head knows that a border wall/barrier isn't the only, much less ultimate answer.

It is a multi-layered answer that only begins with that barrier.

But hey, you keep thinking that is the only barrier and how every POTUS over the last 40 years has guaranteed border protection and how we somehow have 12 to 24 million illegals living in the United States (and likely more).
My point is that the large majority of illegals will not and cannot be stopped by a wall, and I don't hear Trump talking about anything else.

The opinion of BP officers might be honest, but perhaps a tad prejudiced. I am not aware of any discussion or data on allocating limited resources to deal with the problem. All I am aware of is that the wall was a campaign promise that was a big help to Trump's election, and my cynical mind suspects it is an ego issue for The Donald. Why can't the issues and the alternatives be discussed? I would at least like to know that he has looked at the issue in more depth than keeping a campaign promise.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:21 AM   #559
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
My point is that the large majority of illegals will not and cannot be stopped by a wall, and I don't hear Trump talking about anything else.

Seriously? You can't believe this can you?

He called a National Emergency to our Southern Border. That doesn't mean he is looking to build a wall, that means he is looking to keep an invasion of illegals out of our country. The primary job of the POTUS is to protect the citizens of this country.

His border security plan has always been multiple. However, all the mindless MSM sheeple hear is a Wall that supposedly Mexico will pay for.

Most of Trump's plan actually involves complete border reform that very much aligns with what Obama and the 2 clowns before him promised. He only exaggerated a Wall. (Call it a fence and in 2006 we have Obama's plan).

You gonna throw away all of Obama's heartfelt promises because the new guy wants to build a wall the majority of Americans want to see built?
Old 04-04-2019, 12:35 AM   #560
Clocker

Quote:

I said that the majority of illegals in this country come in legally, and that a wall won't stop them. You don't believe that?
Old 04-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #561
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
I said that the majority of illegals in this country come in legally, and that a wall won't stop them. You don't believe that?
Visa overstays were well over half for about 4 or 5 years or so, but have now been massively surpassed by our Southern Border invasion in the last 24 to 36 months.

The entire illegal community is vastly made up of Southern Border crossers (75 to 80%), and that number will not change for quite some time unless something rather drastic happens (such as the stopping of the influx of southern border crossers).

Keep with your Visa overstay story like you think you know something.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:36 AM   #562
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
The idea that we need to protect are borders should not be a left, right issue. It is very clear that we need to increase our border security. Look at what is happening globally. Americans can't shoulder this expense. Drugs coming through for years. All government turning a blind eye to this. Americans have lost, so many honorable men and women, fighting for other country's border's. I have lost, 2 loved one's, in my life, that were fighting abroad. It is a mess. I am not a Trump fan. I am a big fan, of are president, who ever they are, making the right decision's, to protect are country. This is 2019 not 1970. Tough decision's need to be made to keep are country safe. Like it or not gentlemen, America is being invaded. Just not by people. Very large diseases coming with them. Swing away with the sarcasm.
Our > are

What very large diseases are invading this country?
Dahossdaboss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2019, 07:41 AM   #563
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:

He called a National Emergency to our Southern Border. That doesn't mean he is looking to build a wall, that means he is looking to keep an invasion of illegals out of our country. The primary job of the POTUS is to protect the citizens of this country.
I can see it was Miller Time again.

He called a National Emergency because he failed to get any money for his wall because he sucks as a negotiator. He shut down government because because he couldn’t get the money. Plain and simple.

Which is somewhat amusing since one of his promises was Mexico would be paying for it.

Remember the caravan? What happened to them?
Old 04-04-2019, 08:07 AM   #564
woodtoo

Where are the caravans you ask? in America coming to a town near you.
You want more? they will keep coming nonstop.

Some here are like talking to a wall, more proof walls work.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #565
Dahossdaboss
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Where are the caravans you ask? in America coming to a town near you.
You want more? they will keep coming nonstop.

Some here are like talking to a wall, more proof walls work.
Where though? Be specific.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:40 AM   #566
elysiantraveller

Asylum seekers come here trying to turn themselves in.

That's how our system works... a much more intelligent approach than building a wall is beefing up PoE's and the staff there to process people along with changing our asylum laws.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #567
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

That's how our system works... a much more intelligent approach than building a wall is beefing up PoE's and the staff there to process people along with changing our asylum laws.
Or require them to start the asylum seeker process at the US embassy's in their home country.

If someone was going to enter the country illegally, why would they want to go to a POE? They have been catching people from Asia and Africa crossing from Mexico.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #568
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Not the way it set up now.
the system is flawed and it is stupid.
Allowing anyone who merely sets a foot on our soil join the que that is overwhelming our legal system is not a program - it is a joke. Even when there is a wall but set back from the border a few yards.

Congress needs to get off it's ass and do it's job and fix that.

With the tens of thousands coming now, expecting a million this year, do most really overstay visas anymore? How many do that?

But, if most illegal are overstaying visas, then that proves our system is a joke when we cannot even keep of controlled numbers of identified people. At least with those that overstay visa, they have been through some semblance off a vetting process to get the visa, whereas there is NO vetting of many who show up and go "TAG! I'm in!"

CONGRESS is 100% responsible for the crisis - both parties. this should have been fixed 20 years ago. Our tax dollars at work.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:29 AM   #569
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Not the way it set up now.
the system is flawed and it is stupid.
Agreed...

Maybe we should fix that instead of shutting down borders, government, and declaring Emergencies over a stupid wall Mexico was supposed pay for.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #570
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Agreed...

Maybe we should fix that instead of shutting down borders, government, and declaring Emergencies over a stupid wall Mexico was supposed pay for.
If congress would start doing it's job, Trump would not have to declare emergencies or take extraordinary actions. Both houses are wasting time pissing at each other and totally ignoring the welfare of the people who pay theirs excessive and wasteful salaries.