Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 07-21-2016, 11:47 PM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Saratoga 2016 - one play a day

That's the goal, at least.
With a six day a week schedule I may miss a few days but I will make up those plays so the average is one play per day for the meet.

FRIDAY JULY 22 - DAY 1
Race 7 - #2 Takrees
Needs to prove she's not an Aqu inner lover, but will get a nice trip behind suspect speed. Good late runner can nail them. Top two choices (#5 and #6) are both E types with major question marks. The former has only 3 starts as a 5yr old, she's one dimensional so far and isn't fast enough to get the lead. The latter is a NY bred unproven at this level. She is a 10 time winner in a field of all 1 time winners, she's the speed of the speed, but I think someone hooks her at some point and she doesn't last.
The way I see it, my only true worry is the #1 at a nice 6-1 ML. Broke her Mdn for a tag, but it was over this track, been competitive lately in similar company. Gotta use her

$2 ex: 1-2
$2 ex: 2 w 1-6
$2 win: 2
Total Wager: $8.00 (all bets will be in $2 denominations)
Old 07-22-2016, 04:40 AM   #2
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
I take it that's a $1 box?
Old 07-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
I take it that's a $1 box?
No, that's a straight $2 ex 1-2
Old 07-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #4
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Nice pick!
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2016, 04:31 PM   #5
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
That's the goal, at least.
With a six day a week schedule I may miss a few days but I will make up those plays so the average is one play per day for the meet.

FRIDAY JULY 22 - DAY 1
Race 7 - #2 Takrees
Needs to prove she's not an Aqu inner lover, but will get a nice trip behind suspect speed. Good late runner can nail them. Top two choices (#5 and #6) are both E types with major question marks. The former has only 3 starts as a 5yr old, she's one dimensional so far and isn't fast enough to get the lead. The latter is a NY bred unproven at this level. She is a 10 time winner in a field of all 1 time winners, she's the speed of the speed, but I think someone hooks her at some point and she doesn't last.
The way I see it, my only true worry is the #1 at a nice 6-1 ML. Broke her Mdn for a tag, but it was over this track, been competitive lately in similar company. Gotta use her

$2 ex: 2 w 1-6
$2 win: 2
Total Wager: $8.00 (all bets will be in $2 denominations)
That's way too much drama to show a profit of only $2.80.
Question now is, can I survive the meet with action like this

Total Bet: $8.00
Total Returned: $10.80
Old 07-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #6
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

SATURDAY, JULY 23 - Day 2

didn't find much to my liking today...considered the Dogwood runner in R1 and Dacita in the Diana, but have settled on this as my one play of the day.

Race 2 - #6 One Of A Kind 8-1 ML
I love even running sprinters stretching out. This 2yr old also split horses in his debut (a quality I like a lot in babies). Should race in the front half of this group, close to the pace which will likely be set by #1...hopefully Javier can gun them down.

I said in my first post that all bets would be in $2 denominations, but I've got to amend that. I will post in small increments in all exactas and go a litter bigger on win bets.

$2 ex: 1-2 w 6
$1 ex: 6 w 1-2-7-8
$4 Win: 6
($12 bet)

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 07-23-2016 at 09:34 AM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #7
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
SATURDAY, JULY 23 - Day 2

didn't find much to my liking today...considered the Dogwood runner in R1 and Dacita in the Diana, but have settled on this as my one play of the day.

Race 2 - #6 One Of A Kind 8-1 ML
I love even running sprinters stretching out. This 2yr old also split horses in his debut (a quality I like a lot in babies). Should race in the front half of this group, close to the pace which will likely be set by #1...hopefully Javier can gun them down.

I said in my first post that all bets would be in $2 denominations, but I've got to amend that. I will post in small increments in all exactas and go a litter bigger on win bets.

$2 ex: 1-2 w 6
$1 ex: 6 w 1-2-7-8
$4 Win: 6
($12 bet)
At work all day, just checked the results...nothin doin.
Appears to have fallen quite a ways back of a slow pace.
On to tomorrow...guess i shoulda used that Dogwood runner in R1
Total bet: $20.00
Old 07-23-2016, 11:42 PM   #8
BELMONT 6-6-09

I like your concept of selecting one play of the day. For me there would be days when I could not separate two contenders and would have to go for the additional wager!! tough game all around. Best of luck!
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2016, 07:17 AM   #9
judd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMONT 6-6-09
I like your concept of selecting one play of the day. For me there would be days when I could not separate two contenders and would have to go for the additional wager!! tough game all around. Best of luck!

I usually only play one race and run
Old 07-24-2016, 11:44 AM   #10
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I considered posting a selection for one of three runners yesterday - the two that I passed over wound up winning (Money Changer in R1 and Dacita in the Diana) and the one I posted ran up the track.
Trying to shake that big time today with one of my favorite Sar angles of them all...

SUNDAY, JULY 24 - DAY 3
Race 5 - #3 Angie's Prim Lady...this is the first starter of the meet for Al Stall. Since 2008 this is how he's done with these runners:
1st-1st-1st-3rd-1st-1st-midpack-2nd
The midpack runner was a FTS who got out of the gate badly, then Stall promptly won with his next starter of the meet a few days later.

She doesn't exactly measure up to some of these on paper and her ML is 10-1. Gonna be a bit of a leap of faith but I fully trust Stall to have her ready off that nice local work.

$2 ex: 2-7 w 3
$1 ex: 3 w 2-4-7-8
$4 win: 3
($12 bet)
Old 07-25-2016, 09:47 AM   #11
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
I considered posting a selection for one of three runners yesterday - the two that I passed over wound up winning (Money Changer in R1 and Dacita in the Diana) and the one I posted ran up the track.
Trying to shake that big time today with one of my favorite Sar angles of them all...

SUNDAY, JULY 24 - DAY 3
Race 5 - #3 Angie's Prim Lady...this is the first starter of the meet for Al Stall. Since 2008 this is how he's done with these runners:
1st-1st-1st-3rd-1st-1st-midpack-2nd
The midpack runner was a FTS who got out of the gate badly, then Stall promptly won with his next starter of the meet a few days later.

She doesn't exactly measure up to some of these on paper and her ML is 10-1. Gonna be a bit of a leap of faith but I fully trust Stall to have her ready off that nice local work.

$2 ex: 2-7 w 3
$1 ex: 3 w 2-4-7-8
$4 win: 3
($12 bet)
Looks like she finished absolutely last According to the chart she had a very rough start, oh well
Total Bet: $32.00
Total Return: $10.80
...back with today's selection after I drink this coffee.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:04 AM   #12
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

MONDAY, JULY 25 - DAY 4

Race 2 - #4 Howie's Tiz 10-1 ML
A good amount of speed up front should aide this cutbacker's late kick. He's gonna have to hurry to get there at only 6f - wish we were going more like 6.5f or 7f.
Jacobson rail runner has been off over 2yrs, let's hope he needs one. These type of runners usually make me pass the race altogether.
I think the speed gets run over today, going against all E types. The 2-6 may go at it pretty heavily up front.

$2 ex: 5-8 w 4
$5 win: 4
($9 bet)
Old 07-25-2016, 12:07 PM   #13
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
MONDAY, JULY 25 - DAY 4

Race 2 - #4 Howie's Tiz 10-1 ML
A good amount of speed up front should aide this cutbacker's late kick. He's gonna have to hurry to get there at only 6f - wish we were going more like 6.5f or 7f.
Jacobson rail runner has been off over 2yrs, let's hope he needs one. These type of runners usually make me pass the race altogether.
I think the speed gets run over today, going against all E types. The 2-6 may go at it pretty heavily up front.

$2 ex: 5-8 w 4
$5 win: 4
($9 bet)
He's been scratched so scrap this play.

Going to change my play to Race 6 - #2 Bella Kateri 8-1 ML
Long layoff for obscure trainer, but she's run well off the shelf before. Heck, she runs well every time. Gets a good pace to chase, should be there in the late going.

$2 ex: 4-5 w 2
$5 win: 2
($9.00 bet)
Old 07-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #14
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
He's been scratched so scrap this play.

Going to change my play to Race 6 - #2 Bella Kateri 8-1 ML
Long layoff for obscure trainer, but she's run well off the shelf before. Heck, she runs well every time. Gets a good pace to chase, should be there in the late going.

$2 ex: 4-5 w 2
$5 win: 2
($9.00 bet)
Loser..

Total Bet: $42.00
Old 07-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #15
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

WEDNESDAY, JULY 27 - DAY 5

Race 9 - #4 Justa Lady - primary speed in this turf sprint will try to take 'em all the way. Beaten by a good one in her last, and she needs to be game as all hell to hold on today.
Some strong late runners will be firing at her in the last furlong. Will try to beat the Pletcher cutbacker breaking from the rail, where traffic could be a problem.
Hoping she can clear the #9 and catch a breather at some point.
ML odds of 8-1 seem more than fair, although I expect it come down some by post time.

$2 ex: 3-11 w 4
$6 win: 4
($10 bet)