Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
ronsmac

No more fantasy for me

I have to agree with wiffleball whizz. The more I think about it, fantasy football may be the dumbest thing ever created by man. I'm in my championship with A LOT on the line. I screaming at the tv everytime a pass doesn't go to one of my players. My opponent has Mike Wallace who just scored, after I spent 5 minutes saying don't throw to Wallace don't throw to Wallace. I made a last second lineup change taking out C. Patterson for J. Nelson, of course Patterson has 11 pts in the first 20 min of the game. I've bet hundreds of thousands on football and millions on horses in my lifetime, but find myself stressing more about who's catching passes rather than who's actually winning games.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
I have to agree with wiffleball whizz. The more I think about it, fantasy football may be the dumbest thing ever created by man. I'm in my championship with A LOT on the line. I screaming at the tv everytime a pass doesn't go to one of my players. My opponent has Mike Wallace who just scored, after I spent 5 minutes saying don't throw to Wallace don't throw to Wallace. I made a last second lineup change taking out C. Patterson for J. Nelson, of course Patterson has 11 pts in the first 20 min of the game. I've bet hundreds of thousands on football and millions on horses in my lifetime, but find myself stressing more about who's catching passes rather than who's actually winning games.
Championship game in Week 17? That is not a good idea.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Championship game in Week 17? That is not a good idea.
It wasn't my idea . Our championship was a combined week 16 and 17, something about us having an odd number of players. I would allready be champ if we didn't have this strange format.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
It wasn't my idea . Our championship was a combined week 16 and 17, something about us having an odd number of players. I would allready be champ if we didn't have this strange format.
That is strange.

I actually commented to my wife how different (more enjoyable) it is watching the games with no fantasy football this week. I don't bet football, think that would kill the enjoyment too. I'd get too aggravated.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
That is strange.

I actually commented to my wife how different (more enjoyable) it is watching the games with no fantasy football this week. I don't bet football, think that would kill the enjoyment too. I'd get too aggravated.
You're luckier and smarter than me. I had a lead coming into today, but getting creamed so far. It's hard for me to watch a game without a couple of sheckels on it, but this fantasy is ridiculous. 2014 can't come fast enough.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
ronsmac

The worst thing about my crazy league , I had to guess who's gonna try last game of the year, who's gonna rest, who's allready given up.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Yeah, that is why most leagues avoid week 17. I guess the best thing about fantasy football is does give a reason to watch games I normally don't care about.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Yeah, that is why most leagues avoid week 17. I guess the best thing about fantasy football is does give a reason to watch games I normally don't care about.
It's great if your the nfl. They have fools like me watching meaningless games and players. In their defense, there are a lot of meaningful games today.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
ronsmac

Patterson another TD. If I lose the title that will be the decision that haunts me.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:

I ****ing hate fantasy football............

People who don't have a clue how to gamble who pick up a magazine and become gods gift.....

If I was you I'd be stone livid to lose to people that have 1/50th the sports knowledge/gambling knowledge you have......
Old 12-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
ldiatone

i played for about 12 years. had 2 champ seasons in 2 different leagues. one was a dynasty where we kept our 40 man roosters year to year only drafting rookies or free agents. some let Priest Holmes go when he left Balt(?) and KC picked him up. the next year i had Holmes-l tomlison-r williams as rb's. that year i won but i retired....got boring

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #12
ldiatone

i listened to one fellow on the radio, espn or cbs sports and he had 12 teams all in different leagues! wow!

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #13
ManU918

The time that people spend on fantasy football for winning something little to nothing is absurd.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #14
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
The time that people spend on fantasy football for winning something little to nothing is absurd.
If I win it won't be little to nothing.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #15
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
If I win it won't be little to nothing.

that's why Ronsmac is the man!!!!!!!!

Not afraid to send it