Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-06-2021, 10:54 AM   #31
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I don't know/care Irad's earnings. Usually listed (pretty sure by purse) 20-30M/yr.... So if the actual deal for him happens to be 10% (don't know/care), that's ~1-3M/yr ....
... Say he earns 1M ... $1,000 fine = 1/1000 of his yearly salary.

equal to a guy getting paid $100K/YR getting fined $100.

if we knew we could slug someone in our office who was really happening to piss us off! - for $100 (or even the full $1,000...)( and with relative impunity other than that small fine), - that would be a comical and unruly Monday morning!
Did you get paid by the parenthesis for that post?

At least jockeys punching each other is more interesting than the usual racing scandals. I'd take jockeys jumping off their mounts and dropping the gloves after a race over whatever drugging/breakdown/protest/shutdown story the industry has going today.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2021, 02:24 PM   #32
Suff
Beat up 💪

Gulfstream open- Gift shop also now open. Autograph memerobialla , jockeys get $10 bucks or so to sign.

This is how Paco Lopez "signs" his name.

That said. I needed a new hat anyway.

Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2021, 05:34 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

AND WHAT?
Old 03-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #34
Suff
Beat up 💪

New 🤠

Right here, in my big boy voice, I said, Stop beating the F out of Paco. Hard to tell if he laughed with the mask, but concidentially his wife was right next to me and she laughed , and we had a moment.

Same mount. There's Bill Badgett in the foreground. He's everywhere, all day , very hands on. I'm hello friendly with him , or sometimes I say something stupid when he walks by.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:45 PM   #35
Suff
Beat up 💪

Randoms

Chairman's suite. Built ultra-elegant- 4foot painting of Frank Stronach hangs in the hallway across from the door.

That suite and the one way down on the right are the only two with rooms , double balconies.

I think that's ron nicolette up there , it's the 1st bet hospitality suite. That's where the twitter celebrity's go.
Regularly, you need a million a year handle.

The old gulfstream president, jerry murphy , I think his name. He runs it. It's 1, maybe 3 players in there with real numbers, and 2-3 industry media people, inside baseball .

I stalked her a minute.

She handles the racetrack elegantly. I've become a fan. She is solid.

Old 03-08-2021, 01:04 PM   #36
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

She's engaged now, you missed your shot.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2021, 01:09 PM   #37
Suff
Beat up 💪

Check that..bill murphy, not jerry

With fans, , me being there often, my rough estimate was 4x the people. Maybe 5x.

They opened South Beach tiki. 100 people max, had to advance buy a ticket. $11. The super cop at the door wouldn't do the - 2 people leave , let two people in --

Not me, but another guy making the same argument, told him he should work at San quention.

Apron seating, $17. Have to buy all.4. $68. Sold out.

Top of the stretch.

Old 03-08-2021, 01:13 PM   #38
Suff
Beat up 💪

This one caught my eye. Not sure who it even is, a cheap maiden claimer I think. Made me think of Pulpit for some reason.

Old 03-08-2021, 01:21 PM   #39
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
She's engaged now, you missed your shot.
I slowed down enough to mention congratulations, but she's always nose down working , and shouting through bushes wasn't the look I was going for, so I just snapped a couple of pictures.

Watching her do her thing really earned me.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #40
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I don't know/care Irad's earnings. Usually listed (pretty sure by purse) 20-30M/yr.... So if the actual deal for him happens to be 10% (don't know/care), that's ~1-3M/yr ....
... Say he earns 1M ... $1,000 fine = 1/1000 of his yearly salary.

equal to a guy getting paid $100K/YR getting fined $100.

if we knew we could slug someone in our office who was really happening to piss us off! - for $100 (or even the full $1,000...)( and with relative impunity other than that small fine), - that would be a comical and unruly Monday morning!
That’s just it ....in most jobs out there if fighting like this occurs in the workplace then someone is almost always getting terminated. In this case the only type of acceptable/realistic punishment would be a ban from the track. The monetary fine is a complete joke.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #41
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
This is dumb even for you
The conspiracy aspect of it may not be true, but the idea that some trainers get better trips on average than others is true even after accounting for the quality of riders they use. So they are either giving much better instructions to these same riders or some riders don't want to jeopardize their future mounts by pressuring, boxing in, blocking, closing off the rail on etc... horses for certain trainers.

As far the quality of my posts go, you don't understand most of the technical and other issues I raise let alone ever come up with an answer that can be helpful. Your greatest contribution to winning has become your reputation, the prominent voice you have, and the way that combination sometimes misleads others.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-11-2021 at 07:59 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2021, 03:06 PM   #42
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I'm 100% sick of Irad's shenanigans to the point I'm not even betting races he is involved in, mostly because he gets a free pass from the stewards no matter how much of a menace he is during a race.
I missed him for awhile at GP and now he is back. So he was suspended for his ride on Passion Plus that won (Gulfstream March 5 race 2). There was a steward's inquiry, but they did not take him down. They must have changed their mind because they gave him 5 days.

https://www.drf.com/news/irad-ortiz-...day-suspension
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: