Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #61
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
It seems that FIXED odds betting is the only way out of this dilemma.
Years ago when I had an IASBET account, one of the things I looked forward to was betting the fixed odds on Aussie racing, as the small North American pools could (and still do) fluctuate wildly over the last minute of wagering.

In practice though, I found that they rarely, and I mean rarely, offered an overlay. Fixed odds bets from a single source will bake in some of the risk in pricing, and those oddsmakers are pretty sharp. So if I liked a horse at 5-1 on the Aussie tote, it might be 4-1 fixed odds, and it may be anything from 6/5 to 15-1 in the North American pool - which surely changes on the last flash. After a while, I found that betting the Aussie tote was usually the best move (80% of the time), with an occasional wager in the NA pool (15% of time), and those rare fixed price plays (maybe 5% of the time).

Now if we can get access to multiple source fixed price options like on BetFair, that could be a whole different ball game.....
Old 12-26-2015, 08:57 PM   #62
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

diamond system

Not much interest.....why
Old 12-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #63
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey
Not much interest.....why
Racey, you aren't gonna rest until you get some kind of reply on Pandy's Dimond software. The silence should have told you something....Pandy certainly is a stand-up guy, as you mentioned on another thread, concerning this software. Don't know why you don't just buy the dang thing, and try it for yourself, Racey? Minus a few bucks for handling, he'll send your money back if you don't like it.

I don't send anything back--I figure if I bought it--I now own it. I now own Pandy's Dimond software.

I will say this...I went ahead AFTERWARDS --to show you how much confidence I still had in the Pandy-man---I went ahead and ordered both his paper & pencil PACE methods--and am awaiting his latest book any day it's released.
good luck

-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply