Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 11-24-2015, 09:11 PM   #31
PowerUpPaynter

The one thing I like about the sire bet is I can finally place that derby bet on Eskendereya that i thought I would do in 2010. Esky had such potential. Spring 2010 I loved that horse.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #32
davew

lots of early money on -> all others
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #33
sbcaris

Raise A Native line

I wagered on all the Raise A Native sire line horses in that pool. There were 7 of them. Why? Because the Raise A Native sire line is the most prolific line for generating Derby winners. 19 winners since Majestic Prince in 1969. No other sire line has been that successful in getting Derby winners.
sbcaris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #34
PowerUpPaynter

anyone know what happens to the futures exacta pool if it comes out field w field? they dont let you bet that. So does teh house just keep the money?
Old 12-12-2015, 05:55 AM   #35
Bennie

Power - it goes to the "highest" finish position of a pool horse. If your horse finishes 10th and the first 9 horses are from "all others" you win. Don't remember who it was but someone on the site had the only horse from pool #1 that made the starting gate. All the horse had to do was cross the finish line to make him a winner. Even if dead last.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #36
PowerUpPaynter

oh i see... damn should of done field w/ a couple of horses.

I just put a few bucks on a Swipe/ Nyquist box anyway...

I like the single bets better... Went heavy on Swipe and Mohayen then lighter on Drefong, Gift Box, Greenpointcrusader, Cocked and Loaded, and Airoforce
Old 12-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #37
Bennie

Only played a small wager in pool #1 because of the unknown. Used a field with Mor Spirit and Swipe exacta box. Wanted to play Giants Causeway/Tapit/field sire box but must have been misinformed as to the days available because when I tried to make the wager that day it would not process.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #38
f2tornado

Pool 1 for me is more of a gimmick play but I still look forward to it each year. I think I boxed Mohaymen and Swipe with the Field. I also boxed Airoforce with the Field as I like those dam side Buckpassers. For the Sire wager I put a small wager on Maglia D'Oro which would cover the Song Bird filly. I would like to think if that one keeps beating up the girls then still might take a route to play with the boys in May despite connection commentary suggesting otherwise. Boxed Maglia, Tapit, and Field. I will go a little heavier in the next wager Feb 12-14.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply